Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any Conservatives on.??

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2004, 10:58 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Any Conservatives on.??

I watched last night the Party Political Broadcast. How are you going to cut police paperwork then...???

And where are you going to find the money to increase the police numbers by so much...??
Old 25 November 2004, 11:00 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix.
I watched last night the Party Political Broadcast. How are you going to cut police paperwork then...???

And where are you going to find the money to increase the police numbers by so much...??
I am an instinctive Conservative, could never vote Labour, but the current crop are truly execrable. They should have had Portillo as leader but the blue rinse brigade wouldn't have it.
Old 25 November 2004, 11:12 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Well thats quite easy really. Most police paperwork is either duplicate or not needed anyway so simply by cutting out crap like this:

Metropolitan Police officers will have to fill in a foot-long form, containing 40 separate questions, every time they stop someone in the street. It is reckoned that it will take at least seven minutes to complete the form

As for money for police numbers then dont you realiose just how much money is misdirected in this country.All it neeeds is a bit of good management.

Chip
Old 25 November 2004, 11:21 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

From their site:

"Within the first day of a Conservative Government, we will announce plans to prevent police officers having to fill in a form every time they stop someone."

By not wasting it on tat like the millenium dome perhaps?
Old 25 November 2004, 11:26 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I think someone may just mention Asylum Seekers on this thread as well. Just maybe though

Chip
Old 25 November 2004, 11:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its easy, just drop the requirement for all the excess paperwork. It is only required by the control freaks in this goverment who don't appear to know how to use what they read in it anyway.

The amount of our money which is wasted by this govrnment is little short of criminal. The cost of servicing the illegal immigrants alone would provide a significant number of extra policemae for a start. The unbelievably high salaries and expense allowances of the MP's is another source. Where is the three billion for the Olympic bid going to come from? Just one or two examples to begin with! All the money wasted on the Dome-which is still costing us money. Will Wembley ever be a success, and will it be usable for athletics as well as football?

I could go on, and on! All shout and no go this lot.

Les
Old 25 November 2004, 11:32 AM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

Whenever a politician is asked how they plan to raise money for their new innovations the answer is always the same...."Oh we'll cut down on beauracracy"

Of course.....why didn't anyone think of that before!!!????
Old 25 November 2004, 11:35 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FrenchBoy
Whenever a politician is asked how they plan to raise money for their new innovations the answer is always the same...."Oh we'll cut down on beauracracy"

Is not a question of it being a new idea, its a question of DOING it! Traditionally it has been easier to just put your hand out for more money rather than tackle the issue of waste. Labour can't do it, so maybe its time to let the Conservatives have another crack at it.
Old 25 November 2004, 11:41 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

How are you going to cut police paperwork then...???
Give it to the Post Office to do.
Old 25 November 2004, 11:48 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Give it to the Post Office to do.
LOL! That would be a Labour answer: move the problem elsewhere!
Old 25 November 2004, 11:52 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Sadly they need to employ 30,000 beauraucrats to review the current system to see where cuts can be made. The end result of the report will be that they can cut the 30,000 beauraucrats they have just employed.
Old 25 November 2004, 12:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sounds like Parkinson's law to me, part of the NL bible I'd say.

Les
Old 25 November 2004, 12:03 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Talk is cheap. No party has what it takes to sort this country out as they are only interested in their own self promotion and lining their own pockets.

Until a party makes a stand for the country and its people rather than continually indulging in point scoring politics we're doomed to a cycle of one set of career politicians after another who will change all the previous party's policies not because they are necessarily bad, but because they were introduced by the 'opposition'.

Time for a revolution or to emigrate I reckon.

tiggers.
Old 25 November 2004, 12:14 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

when we had Tory rule, there was joy in knowing how we were being shafted.
we could accept and deal with it.
forgetting the union bashing (oh look, there all powerfull again ) and the miners/picketting the majority of the country was finally able (as long as they could be fukcing arsed to get a job!) to own its own house.
good rule for future governments:- you want it? get of your **** and work for it.

under this new labour tosh, we havent got a clue how we are being shafted (although new ways are being discovered ie pension crisis Brown couldnt keep his sticky fingers out of my retirement)
An awfull lot of people are going to realise just how under hand and diabolical this government has been.
sadly, the true extent of mr G. Brown's meddling wont be fully understood til the current crop of teenagers tries to retire at 65!

the other point worth noting, the recent economic good feeling is on the back of a system that was set up by Tory rule, just starting to collapse now? oh, that will be Gordy and Tony then.

I hope we dont have another term, sadly I dont see where the next Govt. will be formed, Hung Parliament anyone?
Old 25 November 2004, 12:23 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

on the point of police paperwork, my mate is a copper and he said the other day that for every 1 hour of "proper" police work he does, he then has to do 7 hours of paperwork, explaining, justifying, and covering his *** for the 1 hours works hes just done
Old 25 November 2004, 12:33 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

you want it? get of your **** and work for it.
Hey, you sounded like Prince Charles there.

Chip
Old 25 November 2004, 12:57 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peanuts
....you want it? get of your **** and work for it.
Which was easier said than done when you had 4 million unemployed, but don't let statistics get in the way of a good rose tinted spectacle viewed bit of nostalgia

tiggers.
Old 25 November 2004, 01:14 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tiggers
Which was easier said than done when you had 4 million unemployed, but don't let statistics get in the way of a good rose tinted spectacle viewed bit of nostalgia

tiggers.
Two issues on which we agree in as many days, and now back to business as usual I see!
Old 25 November 2004, 01:22 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face Quango-mania

I seem to recall the Tories solving this last time they were in power, by setting up unelected quangos full of their mates in an effort to reduce burocracy and increase public accountability...

Suresh
Old 25 November 2004, 01:25 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
I seem to recall the Tories solving this last time they were in power, by setting up unelected quangos full of their mates in an effort to reduce burocracy and increase public accountability...

Suresh
Doesn't mean they will make the same mistake again though, does it? At least they TRIED to reduce beaurocracy. What are Labour doing about it? Labour don't even admit there IS waste!!!
Old 25 November 2004, 01:30 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
Two issues on which we agree in as many days, and now back to business as usual I see!
Never mind my friend. All good things have to come to an end

tiggers.
Old 25 November 2004, 01:33 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tiggers
Never mind my friend. All good things have to come to an end

tiggers.
It wasn't really "good" agreeing over something.... I felt a bit dirty to be honest!
Old 25 November 2004, 01:35 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

475,000+ new pen pushers in the civil service since they came to power for snooping into our private lives. Works out a 440 appointments per DAY. For what exactly?

This ID card scheme will cost billions. For what?

The formation of a new secret police service. Why?

Sounds more and more like a Stalinist Superstate is in the process of being created. Scrap all that for a start and put the money into front line services.
Old 25 November 2004, 01:45 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peanuts
I hope we dont have another term, sadly I dont see where the next Govt. will be formed, Hung Parliament anyone?
I think that's the solution, hang the lot of them and let's have anarchy
Old 25 November 2004, 01:51 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
It wasn't really "good" agreeing over something.... I felt a bit dirty to be honest!
Well you can now feel all squeaky clean again, remember though - there's always a 'next time'
Old 25 November 2004, 02:22 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ajm
Doesn't mean they will make the same mistake again though, does it?
You are correct - an unelectable party would not have the chance to make the same mistake again!
Old 25 November 2004, 04:12 PM
johnnie_m
Scooby Regular

Why not try privatisation and then employ eastern european workers at minimum wage.
Old 25 November 2004, 04:49 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Well thats quite easy really. Most police paperwork is either duplicate or not needed anyway so simply by cutting out crap like this:

Metropolitan Police officers will have to fill in a foot-long form, containing 40 separate questions, every time they stop someone in the street. It is reckoned that it will take at least seven minutes to complete the form

As for money for police numbers then dont you realiose just how much money is misdirected in this country.All it neeeds is a bit of good management.

Chip
I don't do any paperwork at the moment which is not needed by someone. Here is an example for you.

Historically missing from homes (MFH) were sometimes not taken seriously, if it was believed they were kids playing out after school and forget to tell parents etc. Now, all missing persons are taken seriously (look at the Wells & Chapman murders - could the police get away with stating that there disappearance wasn't taken serious). So every MFH now requires a full report and risk assessment which has then got to be authorised and checked by an Inspector before circulating onto PNC. All enquiries done so far have to be included on the report and the report is updated as soon as any information is found. A handover pack is then created for each shift that comes on.

Similar reports/paperwork/enqs are done for domestic violence, crimes, RTA's etc etc.

So, which part of this paperwork can we remove....? Do we go back to not taking MFH's seriously?

There are also case files for courts which we need to do. How do we decrease that? Some have said to employ civilian staff, but it will take longer to explain to them the ins and outs of the case, that I may as well do it myself.

It sounds good on paper, but I just can't see how the Tory's can full fill this promise
Old 25 November 2004, 04:53 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

It sounds good on paper, but I just can't see how the Tory's can full fill this promise
Welcome to politics!
Old 25 November 2004, 05:08 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I don't do any paperwork at the moment which is not needed by someone.
Blimey a copper who isn't demoralised by New Labour's obsession with forcing them to generate endless politically correct beaurocracy. Perhaps he doesn't like being out in the cold?

Quick Reply: Any Conservatives on.??