Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Le Saint Geran, Mauritius

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2004, 08:44 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Le Saint Geran, Mauritius

Just wondered if anyone has been to this hotel and what your thoughts were on it as we're thinking about going there for our honeymoon.
Old 17 November 2004, 09:39 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi there
Not been there myself but my mother was there last year. She's used to going to these types ( 4 star - 5 star) of places and said this was excellent. Not as friendly as the Caribbean resorts but the standard of service and accom was superb. Said she would definitely go back. One tip would be to go Club Class if you can, as min 12hr flight. Not so bad on the way out but she said it was worth every penny on the way back.
She said the location, facilities were nearly pefect. Everything that you would expect. To qualify the remark about the staff. She did not mean they were unfriendly just very efficient and willing but without the big beaming smiles of Barbados etc.
Hope this helps
Alasdair
Old 17 November 2004, 09:42 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

might find something useful here

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/frames.htm

top right the drop down box to select your destination and then there are lots of reveiws on hotels etc in that area
Old 17 November 2004, 11:05 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys. I think Club or first class will be the way to go. I struggle on a 4 hour flight!

I've found a website on the hotel which gives a lot more details than the holiday books

www.saintgeran.com
Old 18 November 2004, 08:42 AM
camk
Scooby Regular

Got married there 10 years ago and went back last year for my wife's birthday. Its a fantastic hotel, our suite was 18 steps from the beach. Service is fantastic, sitting on the beach just plunk in your service flag and a waiter appears. All suites have a butler who unpacks and packs your case, ran our daughters bath every night and took me fishing with his brother who was a professional fisherman. You want anything just ask the butler. All the staff know your name(not sure how) and you don't even check in when you get there, a lady comes to your room and sorts it all out for you. Not to be missed. I would agree with club class and would say that BA is much better than Air Mauritius when flying 'business'. I have flown with both and there is no contest.

Cheers
Cammy