Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hooray Henrys and the poor Fox!

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2004, 06:50 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Hooray Henrys and the poor Fox!

Listen to them, "Oh, jolly hockey sticks - how is one to enjoy oneself if one cannot go out and watch a little ole fox get ripped to pieces whilst still alive"

"Golly Gosh, we will shout and scream and stamp our feet"

Bloody PATHETIC!! The upper crust have NEVER put their liberty or lives on the line, they haven't the *****!

Lets get the ban in NOW and throw ANYONE who chases a fox in prison for 1 year - let them be someones bitch ..... as they run through the corridors of prison chased by a Big Black Man with a tube of KY Jelly in his hand, maybe they might feel what the Fox feels as its about to get fukced up!!

Pete
Old 17 November 2004, 06:52 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here here old chap
Old 17 November 2004, 06:58 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Agree with everything in the original post except for giving them the luxury of using KY.
Old 17 November 2004, 06:59 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

So lets get this right Pete you are possibly an ex-member of the SAS or MI5 and you also design (in you part time maybe?) nuclear missiles.
You're full of it
Old 17 November 2004, 07:04 PM
STIdreamer
Scooby Regular

Chased by a big black man, thats a bit of a biggoted remark?
Old 17 November 2004, 07:05 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STIdreamer
Very true.
Old 17 November 2004, 07:07 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

The elderly haven't quite grasped "political correctness" that us youth of today have....
Old 17 November 2004, 07:07 PM
reas334
Scooby Regular

it makes sense now pslewis is in fact ron atkinson!!
Old 17 November 2004, 07:13 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
So lets get this right Pete you are possibly an ex-member of the SAS or MI5 and you also design (in you part time maybe?) nuclear missiles.
You're full of it
Whats that got to do with killing a FOX??

Pete
Old 17 November 2004, 07:21 PM
STIdreamer
Scooby Regular

Listen to them, "Oh, jolly hockey sticks - how is one to enjoy oneself if one cannot go out and watch a little ole fox get ripped to pieces whilst still alive"

Bloody PATHETIC!! The upper crust have NEVER put their liberty or lives on the line, they haven't the *****!

Lets get the ban in NOW and throw ANYONE who chases a fox in prison for 1 year - let them be someones bitch ..... as they run through the corridors of prison chased by a Big Black Man with a tube of KY Jelly in his hand, maybe they might feel what the Fox feels as its about to get fukced up!!

About as much to do with killimg a fox as that lot!
Old 17 November 2004, 07:33 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

But mostly true.

In a size sense rather than a homosexual sense.

Cheers
Lee
Old 17 November 2004, 07:35 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

STi Dreamer :- ..... EH????

hello........ planet earth, calling planet earth

Pete
Old 17 November 2004, 07:36 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by logiclee
But mostly true.

In a size sense rather than a homosexual sense.

Cheers
Lee
Indeed! The PC brigade out tonight are they??

Pete
Old 17 November 2004, 07:37 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Cool

It is, I mean the guy might not necessarily be able to run if he's that big.
Old 17 November 2004, 07:38 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

i don't care if hunting is banned or not.

i just hate the w4nkers who scream around the countryside in their 4x4s and have no regard for other road users when they are "chasing" the hunt.

w4nkers.

also find the pro hunting argument laughable. one second they say "foxes rarely get caught" and then in the next breath "it is the most efficient way of keeping fox numbers in check".

why don't they just be honest and say "we love tearing around the countryside on our horses chasing foxes and watching them get ripped to bits and then going for a jolly good **** up afterwards"
Old 17 November 2004, 07:45 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I detect a lot of envy on this thread from the (lower) middle class urban housing estate dwellers.

UB
Old 17 November 2004, 07:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

How about strapping a Fox Fur onto a Council House Scumbag/Chav and chasing THEM!!??

Sounds good to me!!

The winner gets a £9:99 Alloy Gold Chain

Pete
Old 17 November 2004, 08:31 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Poor fox.....dont make me laugh.
They should be grateful of an honourable death at the hands of a fellow predator.
Old 17 November 2004, 09:06 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lum
Agree with everything in the original post except for giving them the luxury of using KY.
....and substituting it with gravel.
Old 17 November 2004, 09:33 PM
iainmac
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

I feel like getting on my high horse here (no pun intended). I dont support fox hunting nor do I have any feeling for the people who do it, I think most are probably stuck up idiots who have little or no concern for plebs (like me). So I would like it to see it banned for my own selfish delight. BUT and its a BIG BUTT
Doesn't anyone see this as the thin end of a big wedge... All minority interest groups who have a potential to offend the masses or appear to be at risk of being non PC may soon find themselves at risk of similar Bans .
I think easy to pick groups who spring to mind are
1) M'bike Trail riding :- this is legal though most would try to infer to the general masses that they are all stolen motocross riding yobs terrorising rambling grannies and destroy fragile habitat.
2) Road M'bikes ... Who needs 160+mph and 160+bhp ? obviously too much risk to themselves and the general public, plus the burden on the state post apolictic crash etc.
3) Excess HP cars? who needs 200+hp and sub 10sec 0-60 alongside sub 30mpg!!!
Perhaps I'm being a little paranoid, esp as I have had membership of all 3 of the above at various stages of my life...
Enjoy it while u can and dont take too much pleasure at the cost of others loss of freedom... George Orwell was probably right all along its just a lot more subtle than the film.
Old 17 November 2004, 09:43 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

George Orwell was probably right all along its just a lot more subtle than the film.
Wait till the Third Term. The kid gloves will be off then.

Old 17 November 2004, 09:56 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by iainmac
I feel like getting on my high horse here (no pun intended). I dont support fox hunting nor do I have any feeling for the people who do it, I think most are probably stuck up idiots who have little or no concern for plebs (like me). So I would like it to see it banned for my own selfish delight. BUT and its a BIG BUTT
Doesn't anyone see this as the thin end of a big wedge... All minority interest groups who have a potential to offend the masses or appear to be at risk of being non PC may soon find themselves at risk of similar Bans .
I think easy to pick groups who spring to mind are
1) M'bike Trail riding :- this is legal though most would try to infer to the general masses that they are all stolen motocross riding yobs terrorising rambling grannies and destroy fragile habitat.
2) Road M'bikes ... Who needs 160+mph and 160+bhp ? obviously too much risk to themselves and the general public, plus the burden on the state post apolictic crash etc.
3) Excess HP cars? who needs 200+hp and sub 10sec 0-60 alongside sub 30mpg!!!
Perhaps I'm being a little paranoid, esp as I have had membership of all 3 of the above at various stages of my life...
Enjoy it while u can and dont take too much pleasure at the cost of others loss of freedom... George Orwell was probably right all along its just a lot more subtle than the film.
Not too mention fishing, church bells, rural sounds/smells and anything else that offends the sensibilities of the urbanites moving into the countryside, ironically, in pursuit of a rural idyll.
Old 17 November 2004, 09:59 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Semi live in the countryside, dont like horses, never been on a hunt, but its the scum in the labour government telling us all what to do. Its only a Fox that likes to kill for fun itself. Does the protest move to Spain next and its Bull fighting ? Let the hunt get on with it and enjoy their weekend. Watching the football tonight, maybe we could have licensed: chase the 60k a week footballer. They need something up their backsides.
Old 17 November 2004, 10:00 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Tentenths
Not too mention fishing, church bells, rural sounds/smells and anything else that offends the sensibilities of the urbanites moving into the countryside, ironically, in pursuit of a rural idyll.
Gold wheels are also allowed in the countryside. That will be Petes next campaign
Old 17 November 2004, 10:04 PM
Ken 275
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete

I think you're missing the point here guys, but I stand to be corrected if anyone has any contrasting evidence.

Pete, I see where you're coming from, I very much enjoy your posts, but you don't have to wind folk up with discriminatory viewpoints to convince them of your stance.

Fox hunting? Pah. There's no efficient goal to it. As has been iterated on other posts, in the media etc, it's a Toff's game, to show off and a social standing thing.

The law in Scotland currently, and I think it's the Parliament's best (and only good?) decision to date is to ban the hunting of foxes and small game with dogs. The way it stands now is that fox hunting and chasing can be carried out using dogs which can be very necessary , depending upon the terrain, but the kill takes place can only take place using marksmen on quads.

Humane killing, simple but effective.

Fact : foxes are vermin.

Fact : farmers lose stock to foxes.

Fact : foxes kill an excess of what they need to eat.

Fact : foxes are beautiful animals.

Fact : an estate requires to be managed.

Nature red in tooth and claw, but the countryside needs to be managed. If we all all adopted vegetarian diets, the hills would soon be entirely clad in cash crops like Sitka Spruce and all the cows and sheep would be long gone.

I don't like the red-coats and their horses jumping over hedges in pursuit of Old Renard, better a .222 and million candle torch and dog, but they need to be managed.

The foxes, that is.

K.
Old 17 November 2004, 10:10 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

If foxes were, say, reptilian in appearance I wonder if the masses would still clamour for hunting to be banned...

thought not
Old 17 November 2004, 10:13 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Ken 275
I think you're missing the point here guys, but I stand to be corrected if anyone has any contrasting evidence.

Pete, I see where you're coming from, I very much enjoy your posts, but you don't have to wind folk up with discriminatory viewpoints to convince them of your stance.

Fox hunting? Pah. There's no efficient goal to it. As has been iterated on other posts, in the media etc, it's a Toff's game, to show off and a social standing thing.

The law in Scotland currently, and I think it's the Parliament's best (and only good?) decision to date is to ban the hunting of foxes and small game with dogs. The way it stands now is that fox hunting and chasing can be carried out using dogs which can be very necessary , depending upon the terrain, but the kill takes place can only take place using marksmen on quads.

Humane killing, simple but effective.

Fact : foxes are vermin.

Fact : farmers lose stock to foxes.

Fact : foxes kill an excess of what they need to eat.

Fact : foxes are beautiful animals.

Fact : an estate requires to be managed.

Nature red in tooth and claw, but the countryside needs to be managed. If we all all adopted vegetarian diets, the hills would soon be entirely clad in cash crops like Sitka Spruce and all the cows and sheep would be long gone.

I don't like the red-coats and their horses jumping over hedges in pursuit of Old Renard, better a .222 and million candle torch and dog, but they need to be managed.

The foxes, that is.

K.
I can already see the next big thing. Five pints down the local, pick up a gun and go take a pop at the fox. Wound him one Saturday and go back for the kill the next We could have sweep stakes on how many kills a weekend. Still a least the hoorays can stay at home whilst the middle and working class gaina new sport

The fox needs controlling, why not enjoy a bit of sport at the same time?
Old 17 November 2004, 10:15 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tentenths
If foxes were, say, reptilian in appearance I wonder if the masses would still clamour for hunting to be banned...

thought not
How many have chased the poor old fly around a room trying to swat it. Wait till its knackered and go in for the kill. Might take a couple of swipes to draw blood. Difference ?
Old 17 November 2004, 10:19 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I happen to think that Golf is a **** sport only played by people to enhance their social standing, it has no real point and destroys vast tracts of open land leaving them accessible to funny-pant wearing prats. Ban it before fox-hunting.

<awaits a 9 iron round the back of the head>
Old 17 November 2004, 10:21 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Pete,

I rather fancy you'd enjoy a spot of fox hunting if you gave it a try... a warier prey and a more sporting fight than trolling on Scoobynet for the hapless few remaining that havn't seen your act!

Quick Reply: Hooray Henrys and the poor Fox!