Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mini Ipod - Where to buy in the US??

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2004, 11:11 PM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Ipod - Where to buy in the US??

Looking at buying a mini ipod. any one got one? What do you think of them?

I have a friend who lives in the US and is coming over here in the beginning of december, she has offered to bring one back with her if I sort out where to buy and have it delivered to her in the US.

But the only site i know in america is either Apple.com or amazon.com.

Anyone rate another store online?? Best price is $250 which is £135.

Ta.
Old 11 November 2004, 08:25 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

I love my iPod. You will get the iPod lovers and haters posting, so I'll avoid getting into that discussion.

Anyway, I was going to suggest http://www.newegg.com but they only sell HP iPods.

To be honest, the prices from all retailers are pretty much the same. Have a look on Froogle (http://www.google.com/froogle) which will give you a selection of retailers and their prices.

Some retailers may not accept a Credit Card with a non-US billing address, so you friend might have to pay for it on her card. Also, she'll need to watch out for sales tax. Choose a retailer from outside her state then you can avoid this.

Finally you'll need either the Worldwide Travel Adaptor Kit or a spare UK figure-of-8 power lead (like the one used by your PS2 or Xbox). The adaptor itself is multi-voltage and the standard Apple warranty also offers worldwide cover. You should be able to extend this by purchasing AppleCare in the UK.

Hope this helps,
Alex
Old 11 November 2004, 08:55 AM
Ian_S
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by class_A
Finally you'll need either the Worldwide Travel Adaptor Kit or a spare UK figure-of-8 power lead (like the one used by your PS2 or Xbox). The adaptor itself is multi-voltage and the standard Apple warranty also offers worldwide cover. You should be able to extend this by purchasing AppleCare in the UK.

Hope this helps,
Alex
dont buy the travel adaptor kit, not needed, the power lead off shaver/ps etc will be fine
Old 11 November 2004, 09:11 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ian_S
dont buy the travel adaptor kit, not needed, the power lead off shaver/ps etc will be fine
Depends whether he's a tart like me and wants the power brick to plug nicely into the wall

Or... he wants to use it abroad.