Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone sold a car on ebay??

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 03:47 PM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone sold a car on ebay??

I've sold hundreds of things on eBay and have now put our Astra SXi on there (changing to a rapid dog carrying waggon).

Has anyone sold a car on eBay? I know I'd be wary about buying a car without really seeing it or driving it but surely once a bid has been accepted the buy HAS to buy the car if it is as described?
Old 08 November 2004, 03:57 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold one last night but someone bought it from me before the auction ended. I put my phone up which produced some interesting results but I sold it for what I wanted a week before the auction was due to end
Old 08 November 2004, 04:00 PM
MAC76
Scooby Regular

I did the same as paul, in fact 3 times now and have sold them no problem ages before the auction ends

You do need to be mega critical of your own car tho or they can come round and find fault or you get total idiots on the phone. I always had a clear HPI Cert to hand for buyers to look at when they come round and that seems to help alot

MAC
Old 08 November 2004, 04:10 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come to think of it that's the second time I've done that actually Both times I invited offers and ended the auction early Both times the cars were sold in days
Old 08 November 2004, 04:17 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

I sold a Golf GTi on there a few weeks ago. Like Mac said, be mega critical of the car and list all of the faults/dings/kerbing etc. The guy who bought it phoned me up before the end of the auction and made me a really good offer. He said "is it as described?" and I said "Yes, even down to the kerbing on the alloys" and he said he'd take it straight away then. He travelled for 6 hours to collect the car and was really pleased that it was exactly as described, no nasty surprises. Just be honest about its condition, people don't expect them to be perfect but if you don't disclose a big scratch or dent then they will wonder what else you're not disclosing.

My friend also sold his car on ebay. I'd be sceptical of buying a car I hadn't seen or driven, no matter how honestly it was described, but it seems a lot of people out there don't have this concern!
Old 08 November 2004, 04:23 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you will find the majority of the cars on e bay are put on there for advertising then the car sells privately.
I bought a Series 1 that was advertised there last week but bought it by going to look at it, cant imagine buying a car without looking at it
Old 08 November 2004, 05:10 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

I sold my BMW a few months ago for a very good price.
Much more than I would have got locally.
The guy came by train to pick it up.

I put loads of pictures up and a really detailed description.
Spoke to the guy on the phone a few times before hand but he was essentially buying a car he hadn't seen. Crazy really I would never do that!Was pleased he did though!!

cath