Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Incredibles

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 02:07 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Incredibles (Possible Spoilers)

Popped along to the flicks to see this at the weekend.

It's the new pixar/disney animation fest, and it's insanely great

Might be a few spoilers for the initial setup of the film.

The plot? Essentianly, Mr Incredible, a super-hero, happens to save the life of someone trying to kill themselves, then, on trying to capture a supervillain (Bomb Voyage) he tells a fanboy who want's to work alongside with him that he works alone, then again as trying to capture the villian he stops a train from crashing.
The 'jumper' turns round and sues Mr Incredible for saving him (oh, how ironic, you could just see the yanks doing this, if, of course, superhero's really existed), then the people injured in the train crash sue him. This opens the floodgates, and soon all superheros are being sued, and the public wants rid of them, so the government puts them into what ammounts to witness relocation and states they are not to use their powers anymore.

So, Mr Incredible, now Bob Parr, is married to Elastigirl, has a family of three kids, and they are all tired of things. The eldest son, Dash, really wants to use his super speed in sports, but mum won't let him. Bob is bored at work, he's an insurance adjuster and can't really *not* help people, and so gets in trouble with his boss (he does eventually do, what we all wish we could do to annoying dip****e bosses).

When he's at his lowest, he gets an offer he can't refuse, and then the action really begins...

If you like nemo, toy story, and stuff like that, go see this, you'll love it. It is NOT a kids movie like the other pixar films, it's an action movie first.

The depth and lighting is fantastic.

Some great jokes and dialog too.

Sam Jackson as frozone is excellent, as is Jason Lee as Syndrome (reminds me of Azrael in Dogma).

Oh and the pre film short "boundin'" is mental!

Last edited by Markus; 08 November 2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08 November 2004, 02:24 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Please put spoiler in the title for poor souls like me who haven't seen the film yet and don't want to know the plot before hand...........
Old 08 November 2004, 02:30 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I will definitely be taking the little one to see this. Been waiting for it to come out for ages.

Great having a young child, you can go and watch cool films on the pretense of taking them!
Old 08 November 2004, 02:33 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Reffro - added a little something in there.

Clarebabes - Oh, I've never taken kids to any pixar movies, only sensible thing I do is to get the latest screening possible, was at the 9:30 one, so no annoying kids there.

Bummer that the Ep III trailer was not screened, as it was meant to be and I was hoping to see the lesser spotted uber-geek crawling in to watch it then going home after, but alas, it was not to be.
Old 08 November 2004, 03:12 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Whenever I've been to the cinema, I've been so engrossed in the film that I hardly even notice the annoying brats! If a film's good enough and parents don't take children under 2, it's usually quite quiet.
Old 08 November 2004, 03:48 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I recall going to a late night showing of Collateral (Good film BTW, Jamie's line of "are you ok mr?" had everyone in tears of laughter) and hearing a baby crying? WTF? very odd.