3 Black Watch Troops Killed

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2004, 06:43 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Black Watch Troops Killed

Really sad to read.
Bush and Blair make me sick to the stomach.
Old 04 November 2004, 06:47 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Just read the report.

Our boys having to die to fight the yanks war for them. Wouldn't give two figs if 300 US troops got killed, might give them an idea they should not be there.
Old 04 November 2004, 06:48 PM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

unfortunately, with a religeous zeolot in the whitehouse and in Britain the PM is a sh1te house. Expect more because it is going to get worse.....

sorry for negativity but we are on our way to the middle ages and having a remake of the crusades......
Old 04 November 2004, 06:52 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

US soldier deaths are over 1100 so far. Moving the British troops to baghdad is going to bring the numbers of UK forces dead more in line with US numbers.

Old 04 November 2004, 06:54 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

they should not disgrace the honour of the US troops by maling that tw@ts face out of them
Old 04 November 2004, 06:58 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

The sad thing is, they will be able to do the same for Cheney before too long now they have a "mandate".
Old 04 November 2004, 07:02 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I can't help but wonder if Black Watch might do better if the press would stop telling all and sundry where they're going!
Old 04 November 2004, 07:07 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Three brave lads who won't see Christmas. Three devasated families left behind.

Nice one TONY BLAIR. Hope you sleep well tonight you f**kin a******e.

UB
Old 04 November 2004, 07:08 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Its sad yes. Hardly a dent on the 100,000+ killed so far though.

Will be many, many more deaths yet.

Bob
Old 04 November 2004, 07:28 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Odd. Where's the Ken Bigley "they knew the dangers and were paid for it, **** 'em" approach?
Old 04 November 2004, 07:31 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

We were turned out to the fire alarm opperating @ Balhousie Castle today (the home of the Black Watch.) The flag was at half mast and there were a lot of sad faces going around.
My thoughts with their families.
I agree re. the press !! IMO they should get the **** out of there and stop giving all the terrorists ect the coverage the crave and giving step by step details that the forces are making
Old 04 November 2004, 07:33 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Ture. I have NO sympathy for the Bigley boy.
They are there because they have to be.
Old 04 November 2004, 07:33 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

The press have much to answer for.
Old 04 November 2004, 07:39 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Odd. Where's the Ken Bigley "they knew the dangers and were paid for it, **** 'em" approach?
Brendan ..... you should know by now that some clowns on here blow in the breeze (its what happens when you have no spine!)

So? what should we do? abandon the people of Iraq because of a few terrorists? No I don't think so!

AND, who stood by us when Germany was knocking on our door looking for our women and children? yes, the yanks!

So, now, we stand shoulder to shoulder with them ......... BUSH and BLAIR have more courage in their little finger than some on here!

Bush and Blair have my FULL support - although I feel terrible about the loss of all lives (certainly, British lives lost hurts more .... but, as Brendan said, "what about all that bollox when Bigley had his head hacked off?? All that, go in and get the b4stards!!!")

You spineless weasels should hang your heads in shame!

Pete
Old 04 November 2004, 07:41 PM
Twigster Home
Scooby Regular

Agree with PG. Mr Bigley was there for his own pockets and nothing else, so I can't have much sympathy I am afraid. But the troops are there because Bliar put them there (intentional spelling mistake). They get my backing 100%, but that doesn't change the fact that we have to get them out, and sooner rather than later because otherwise this is only going to escalate.
Biggest problem for Iraq is the increasingly concerning attitude of Israel towards Iran, that has potential ramifications which will not help the boys one bit.

Whole thing makes me mad, we have enough problems here to sort out, why the f**k are we constantly messing in other peoples before sorting our own house out??
Old 04 November 2004, 07:44 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next stop is Iran - get your knives out ready to stab our great leader in the back then as well!!

We must keep the nuclear arsenal away from the nutters!

Pete
Old 04 November 2004, 07:44 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

thats so sad may God bless them and give their families patience, black watch are the best, makes me sick once they got him their gonna finish them off in the uk to and make them join other regiments, our boys are the ones to be proud of, the best army in the world, nothing comes close
Old 04 November 2004, 07:46 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
The army lads are there because they're following orders, and in most cases they're making less per year than Bigley was making in a month. Bigley was there lining his pockets, he didn't 'have' to be there at all.
Old 04 November 2004, 07:46 PM
Twigster Home
Scooby Regular

PS, rather than fall into your lovely wind up traps I shall say only this. I work with an Iraqi who has family in Baghdad, and he talks to them regularly. The situation for everyday Iraqis is now worse than it has ever been.
I don't doubt the intentions of messrs bush or bliar, but what I do not condone at all is the almost total failure to anticipate the intifada which has emerged. To their credit, only the UK troops had any idea of how to interact with the locals in a way which would not make them targets in the same sense as the way the yanks have.
Old 04 November 2004, 07:47 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

They were soldiers, not civilians. If you don't want the risk of being shot or killed then don't join up. They were'nt conscripts, but professional career soliders. They knew the risks, but did it anyway, that's called courage.

We should be celebrating the fact that this country still has men(and women) prepared to put their lives on the line and has'nt yet given into the yellow belly cowardly armchair politics the media and has beens play.
Old 04 November 2004, 08:02 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

neil i understand mate but sending them to their death trap to please bush was an evil thing to do, british soldiers have a reputation and even al jazeera agree's theirs a night and difference between our boys and usa soldiers and arabs know that, just ask the people at basra they luv the brits, but they were sent to a place where usa has pi55ed off alot of iraqis and their gonna take their revenge on the british lads, its sad really

i just wish the politicians and blair himself sent his own kids to iraq but they wouldnt
i saw that fahrenheit 911 only one congressman had sent his son to war the rest wouldnt do it, he actually went out their and asked the congressman to sign in and send their kids

well they ignored him and ran away
Old 04 November 2004, 08:28 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pslewis

We must keep the nuclear arsenal away from the nutters!
What are you on about?....Bush already has a nuclear arsenal.
Old 04 November 2004, 08:35 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
What are you on about?....Bush already has a nuclear arsenal.
Too right. This is the problem with America. They've been brainwashed for years that the rest of the world is out to kill them because, of course, "they hate their freedom". Blair is using the same neo-con scam here.
Most people in this world are just trying to get on with their lives.
The real nutters we have to worry about are Blair, Bush and their neo-con mates.
Old 04 November 2004, 08:44 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

their truly a bad bunch

the greatest war is the one between al qaida and the neo cons
Old 04 November 2004, 09:05 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

they are soilders...their job is to go where they are told...sometimes pl will try to kill them. Its grim but its their choice.

i choose to not be a soilder as i wouldnt want someone shooting at me, it may happen anyway but the odds are not high.

Again, dead anyone is sad but these people put themselves in harms way for MONEY....assuming they are not in the army for free? Its a career choice, it may not pay much but it pays and they choose it.

also...im no expert.....but didnt the Yanks help us out in WW2???

T
Old 04 November 2004, 09:12 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

The whole thing is built on Neo-conservative lies. There is no 'Terrorist Network'. There never was. The 'war on terror' is a figment to control the populace of the US and UK and maintain power through fear. And it works, as we just saw in America with Bush's re-election.

The Black watch are just being used as pawns in a political game. This is not what they joined up for. They are professionals that are being sacrificed for all the wrong reasons. It's nothing short of criminal IMO.

Last edited by unclebuck; 04 November 2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04 November 2004, 09:22 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Tiggs, your attitude stinks. Try telling that to the bereaved families tonight and you'd be publically lynched!

How on earth can you compare Bigley with british soldiers? He was greedy and he chose to be out there earning mega bucks, the soldiers have not. They have been ordered.

Disobey orders in the forces and your shamefully put in military prison, these guys don't have a choice, they have to do there job.

America in world war 2???? EVENTUALLY!!

Last edited by Mitchy260; 04 November 2004 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04 November 2004, 09:28 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

I have a friend in the Black Watch. He is there right now. is there anyway of finding out who was killed??
Old 04 November 2004, 09:34 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

no claire, their identity isnt being released until the families have been informed.
Old 04 November 2004, 09:36 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

mitchy thats sad , ken was innocent and if u were offered good money at that age i bet u would have gone to work their too , he wasnt a greedy ******* we all go where theirs a better life guaranteed i bet if u were offered 70k a yr in the usa u would go their too , this is what ken did, u cant blame him for it

Quick Reply: 3 Black Watch Troops Killed