Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Someone has signed for and stolen my Ebuyer parcel!

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2004, 09:48 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone has signed for and stolen my Ebuyer parcel!

Hi All

Ordered a new digital camera, a flash card, some RAM and an iron (!) from Ebuyer which was due to arrive yesterday. Was a bit annoyed that it still didn't come today so checked their website which linked to to City Link's site, where I was told it went out for dispatch on Thursday. So I called City Link's office and was told I had signed for the parcel at 6pm, news to me .

I was home when they said they delivered and I didn't hear the doorbell, I very much doubt I'd have missed it. I live in a block of 4 flats and I know the other occupants well enough to say hi to, they'd have let me know and passed it on if they'd signed for it I'm pretty sure. There's an identical block of flats next door, though obviously it has a different name so is fairly easy to distinguish! It's pretty damned unlikely the occupants of the equivalent number flat have the same name as me, I don't anyone from their building though.

Ironically enough I'd left a note for parcel force in the afternoon to just leave my parcel from Demon Tweeks, that was by my front door when I got in at 5pm.

The only theory I can come up with is either they were delivered to the wrong place (prob the building next door if so) and the occupants think they've got lucky and have kept my stuff, or the delivery driver has helped himself. The latter seems unlikely as it'd be bound to come out and I bet they're watched closely for that kind of thing, plus he'd have much better options than my £250 of stuff.

Will this all be City Link's and Ebuyer's responsibility as it wont be my signature on the sheet? Do I need to get my credit card co involved? Ebuyer don't seem interested in responding to their useless ENotes system and don't even provide a phone number any more :angry:.

Could anyone who's purchased from Ebuyer recently tell me what appears on their delivery notes? Do I need to bar my credit card from use as the scumbag thief has my details from the sheet ?

Hmph!

[/rant]

Ben
Old 29 October 2004, 10:06 PM
yvette296
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyster
Hi All

Ordered a new digital camera, a flash card, some RAM and an iron (!) from Ebuyer which was due to arrive yesterday. Was a bit annoyed that it still didn't come today so checked their website which linked to to City Link's site, where I was told it went out for dispatch on Thursday. So I called City Link's office and was told I had signed for the parcel at 6pm, news to me .

I was home when they said they delivered and I didn't hear the doorbell, I very much doubt I'd have missed it. I live in a block of 4 flats and I know the other occupants well enough to say hi to, they'd have let me know and passed it on if they'd signed for it I'm pretty sure. There's an identical block of flats next door, though obviously it has a different name so is fairly easy to distinguish! It's pretty damned unlikely the occupants of the equivalent number flat have the same name as me, I don't anyone from their building though.

Ironically enough I'd left a note for parcel force in the afternoon to just leave my parcel from Demon Tweeks, that was by my front door when I got in at 5pm.

The only theory I can come up with is either they were delivered to the wrong place (prob the building next door if so) and the occupants think they've got lucky and have kept my stuff, or the delivery driver has helped himself. The latter seems unlikely as it'd be bound to come out and I bet they're watched closely for that kind of thing, plus he'd have much better options than my £250 of stuff.

Will this all be City Link's and Ebuyer's responsibility as it wont be my signature on the sheet? Do I need to get my credit card co involved? Ebuyer don't seem interested in responding to their useless ENotes system and don't even provide a phone number any more :angry:.

Could anyone who's purchased from Ebuyer recently tell me what appears on their delivery notes? Do I need to bar my credit card from use as the scumbag thief has my details from the sheet ?

Hmph!

[/rant]

Ben
2 things. Firstly I was watching Watchdog on TV early am today (about 3am) which was a repeat of last week's I think and there was a lot on there about Ebay and fraud. The maximum you can claim is £105.00.

The best advice I can give you is to ring the head office of CityLink and ask for a copy of the signature & delivery note and also get the police involved. Alos, ring your c/card company as they may be able to help as well.

Good Luck
Old 29 October 2004, 10:10 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

This happened to a colleague of mine with a phone from O2. Was signed for by someone, who was possibly visiting his neighbour.

O2 arranged for another phone to be shipped. Don;t know who paid for the original one.
Old 29 October 2004, 10:11 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply Yvette. It's EBuyer not eBay (fortunately!) so I'm dealing with a company not an individual. They're quite a big computer bits supplier. As it happens their head office is only a few miles down the road so I'll pay them a visit tomorrow afternoon if I haven't heard anything by then.
Old 29 October 2004, 10:12 PM
yvette296
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyster
Thanks for the reply Yvette. It's EBuyer not eBay (fortunately!) so I'm dealing with a company not an individual. They're quite a bit computer bits supplier. As it happens their head office is only a few miles down the road so I'll pay them a visit tomorrow afternoon if I haven't heard anything by then.
sorry - still tired and didn't read it properly! plus I've been on the wine. Anyway, I woudl still involve citylink/police and /or c/c company anyway
Old 29 October 2004, 10:47 PM
ChrisB

Ask for a POD (Proof Of Delivery) from CitiLink and see what the name is. I would expect them to want EBuyer to make a claim, rather than you but worth asking once you have the POD.

Give your CC company a bell and tell them. They may mark the transaction as being disputed, so you don't have to pay it until the matter is resolved.
Old 29 October 2004, 11:45 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

If you dont get any joy from EBuyer, then get your credit card company involved claiming non delivery of goods.
The credit card money will take the money back from EBuyer and this generally gets the attention of the company.
Old 30 October 2004, 08:42 AM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

Dispute it with cc company as you never got the goods and it certainly isn't your signature. The last thing I got from Ebuyer, I had to get the mother in law to buy it so it could be delivered to an address where somebody is in as they will only deliver to cc holders address - not much use when you're at work all day.
We ordered an mp3 player off a similar place - they said it had been delivered (not the same courier as shown on their site) we eventually tracked it down as the courier being AMTRAK and as being delivered - no card through our door at all - just as well we have very honest neighbours who had taken it in.
Old 30 October 2004, 09:02 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Hmmmmmmmmm, parcel from DT on floor, note to postie to just leave it?

Thinks: "prob no-one in, so if I print his name and sign it myself, I've got a nice new camera and no-one the wiser................."

Get my drift?

First port of call: City Link for POD, compare your sig/printing with the one they have.

Alcazar
Old 30 October 2004, 12:16 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Parcel has been found! It was just with one of my neighbours in my block, they'd (reasonably!) expected I'd have had a note to say they had it, so were waiting for me to collect. City Link told me the signature looked like 'Dove', so I just guessed which flat it might be and was right second time!

I might just neglect to tell EBuyer it's been found until they bother to get in touch with me, still haven't heard a thing. I've told City Link and my c/c card it's been found, but EBuyer can sweat (or not!) for a while seen as they've shown such lack of concern.

Good point about my note for the DT courier Alcazar, although it was in an envelope, that was for 'Parcel Force' so easy enough to figure out.

Cheers all,

Ben
Old 30 October 2004, 07:05 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Oh, it was City Link. No wonder you had problems.
I had to collect a large parcel from their depot in Bootle once, went there and it seemed the entire place was staffed by chavs and a couple of managers. One of the managers went around the depot with me but it could not be found, it was suggested I try again tomorrow. On the way out, one of the chavs who had been sat having a *** got up and revealed a parcel. I goes over there, sure enough it's my one, so I pick it up and take it out, without signing for it or anything.
I never heard back from City Link and their system can't have my parcel marked as delivered.
Old 31 October 2004, 09:38 AM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

Alcazar-If a delivery driver wanted to steal a parcel from a customer,they wouldn't pick one that they had scanned onto their van and there's a history of which is very easily traced.
Re:the note not being posted.At this time of year,parcel volumes shoot through the roof.There is only so much time in a day and each delay(such as a customer not being in to sign for the parcel and having to try neighbours)has a knock on effect.It might only add on 60 seconds to the time taken to deliver it but multiply that by 60 and that's an hour lost ,or if you look at it another way,20 people who won't get their parcels because of the time lost.Time has to be made up somewhere and not putting a card through is one way of that.Or maybe the driver ran out of cards;-).
Old 31 October 2004, 09:48 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

skiddus, that shouldn't be the customer's concern, thats the conern of the parcel company. Customer service standards shouldn't drop just because you're busy
Old 31 October 2004, 10:15 AM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

Correct,but if the company fails to employ sufficient staff then that's what happens.
Old 31 October 2004, 10:24 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

at least you have it now

Last edited by stevebt; 31 October 2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 31 October 2004, 10:41 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Ebuyer are completely useless - last week I ordered a new Iiyama TFT monitor in silver, however I got a white one delivered.... so I contacted Ebuyer via 'e-notes' telling them I wanted a silver one delivered, and they could collect the white one at the same time

3 days later I finally get a reply which was along the lines of, 'arrange a date for collection'.....? No mention if theyre going to be bringing a silver one or simply collecting the white one useless!

PS. Also Im now suspecting the model I order isnt available in silver at all (nowhere else has them in silver, but is advertised as silver on Ebuyer's site?)
Old 31 October 2004, 11:18 AM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Lol. Stop talking about it - I'm embarrassed

I've wasted much more of City Link's time thanks to them not posting a card; people were suggesting I contact the police, all caused because there was no card. If they're leaving £250 of my stuff without my permission with someone, who for all they know could be my mortal enemy , they should have the courtesy to tell me. I've paid for their service whether they're busy or not.

I'll stop moaning now Might well buy my computer bits elsewhere in future though.

Cheers,

Ben
Old 31 October 2004, 01:06 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

scoob_babe - its only the first order for a particular card that needs to go to the cardholders address. I buy stuff every couple of weeks from ebuyer and get it sent to work.

Andy
Old 31 October 2004, 01:19 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I think it's just as well you've got this sorted out without having to rely on e-buyer to fix it. Have a look at their feedback ratings on www.pricerunner.co.uk

J.
Old 31 October 2004, 01:37 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Always check with neighbours, every parcel delivery firm I've had have left stuff with them. Just two weeks back a neighbour 2 doors away gave me a parcel (again no card). This is a neighbour who I last spoke to 8 years back when we had a ruck over a wheelie bin!

Regards ever contacting the police - don't bother, they won't give a crap.
Old 31 October 2004, 02:31 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

Ah right...thanks for that. I don't like ordering things that I know will come via courier when I know I won't be in - I've had far too many things go walkabout, refusal to deliver (John Lewis) when requested!
Old 31 October 2004, 05:41 PM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

I recently had some Tein coilovers and EDFC left with a neighbour with no card posted through my door.I was grateful the driver took the time to try them instead of just taking them back to the depot which he could have done;-).