Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobile Phone-Insurance Claim - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2004, 12:37 PM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobile Phone-Insurance Claim - Help!

Hi all,

I've recently made a claim on my existing mobile which was ruined when it lost a fight with a mug of coffee.

My insurance people have now contacted me to state they cannot replace directly but I can choose between the following three as a replacement. I'm not really a mobile phone guru, and laziness has resulted in me asking on here, (it always gets the best results!! Ask Jeeves my ****!!).

Samsung E700
Sony Ericsson Z600
Motorola V600.

It will probably be used mostly by my good lady and we are not using Blue Tooth or mp3 ringtones etc, just want the best all rounder.

Anyone have one of these or is in the know?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22 October 2004, 12:40 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ask for the Nokia 6230 i personally don't like flip phones
Old 22 October 2004, 01:04 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza01
Ask for the Nokia 6230 i personally don't like flip phones
I do... Go for the v600.
Old 22 October 2004, 01:20 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Sorry to hijack the thread,but has anyone ever had a mobile phone repaired,or are they just discarded?
Old 22 October 2004, 01:32 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Z600 has all the usual stuff, Wap, Games,Organiser thingy, polyphonic ringtones, email, Camera ect. I've had one for about 6 months and haven't had any problems except for the phone switching itself off, this was down to the battery losing contact so I stuck a couple of bits of postit note on the battery and its fine.

Battery life is a pretty good, mine usualy lasts a few days but then I dont use it an awful lot. Its ok ergnomically, keys are postive and easy to use as is the menu system. Good quailty screen and audio for calls.

The only down side I can see is it's a bit bulky in a pocket and like all flip phones you tend to leave marks on the screen when using as a phone.

Over all though its a good phone, and I'd give it 8/10 only because of its size, for a bloke atleast, I dare most women would keep it in thier handbag.
Old 22 October 2004, 01:48 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

I currently have a V600 (just over a month old) but already the front is looking worse for wear as it scratches very easily (not the metal removable cover bit, just the screen). I am also having problems with calls that last over around 10 mins as it keeps cutting out even though I have a strong signal, but that could just be a faulty phone. It's pretty easy to use and, if you want that kinda thing, has a number of features such as camera, java games and bluetooth.
HTH
Bex
Old 22 October 2004, 02:03 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

If you just want a hardy good phone, take the Samsung. It has none of the gizmo's, oragniser crap, and is just a well made, good looking phone. Its resistant to abuse too, and doesn't feel like flimsy piece of poo.

Trending Topics

Old 23 October 2004, 09:00 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanx people, looks like the Samsung will fit the bill nicely.
Old 23 October 2004, 11:16 AM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Krade
Z600 has all the usual stuff, Wap, Games,Organiser thingy, polyphonic ringtones, email, Camera ect. I've had one for about 6 months and haven't had any problems except for the phone switching itself off, this was down to the battery losing contact so I stuck a couple of bits of postit note on the battery and its fine.

Battery life is a pretty good, mine usualy lasts a few days but then I dont use it an awful lot. Its ok ergnomically, keys are postive and easy to use as is the menu system. Good quailty screen and audio for calls.

The only down side I can see is it's a bit bulky in a pocket and like all flip phones you tend to leave marks on the screen when using as a phone.

Over all though its a good phone, and I'd give it 8/10 only because of its size, for a bloke atleast, I dare most women would keep it in thier handbag.

Hear, hear.

I've a Z600 and it's a great little phone, only critisium is the predictiveis a little slow, other than that it's a good 'un.
Old 23 October 2004, 11:25 AM
Kellicious
Scooby Regular

I have the Samsung E710 and I love it. I think it is very similar to the E700 and I agree with the statement above. It is very well made and doesn't feel like it's going to break into a million pieces if you accidentally drop it or something.
Old 01 November 2004, 11:12 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

who is you insurance with please?
Old 01 November 2004, 01:44 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

I have a V600 phone and the biggest problem I find is that whilst it is in your pocket the buttons that change the ring volume get depressed. Result is that it can switch itself to silent.

Also I am not sure about its signal stength, and do seem to lose calls fairly frequently on it. Will have to see if it is only long calls though!
Old 01 November 2004, 02:46 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

Originally Posted by Chrisgr31

Also I am not sure about its signal stength, and do seem to lose calls fairly frequently on it. Will have to see if it is only long calls though!
I find that with my V600 the calls were breaking up after about 10 mins or so, despite having a signal. It's been sent back to be repaired so I'll wait and see what they say/do...
Old 01 November 2004, 03:17 PM
Robert Rosario
Scooby Regular

Have a V600 myself, and have had it since June.

Only problem is with switching "ringing types" when in your pocket, but if it on loud in the first place, then you can hear it doing this, and it is only a problem if you have loads of stuff in your pockets, or you are hammered. Aside from this absolutely no problems at all with it, and have found it excellent. Huge improvement over previous Nokia/Samsung efforts that I have had in the past.
Old 01 November 2004, 04:13 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

the Sony Ericsson Z600 has shocking reception, i stopped using mine and gave it to my lass to use instead im assured the samsung is the better phone of the bunch