happy ramadhan mubarak

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2004, 09:34 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default happy ramadhan mubarak

blessed be this holy month , happy ramadhan mubarak to my muslim and non muslim bros and sisters
Old 14 October 2004, 09:37 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

evening moses
Old 14 October 2004, 09:41 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

whats ramadam then?, never paid much attention in RE, how much weight can I expect to lose if I partake?

Old 14 October 2004, 09:49 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

evening jye hows u bros been ages mate

and mj haha nice pic mate where did u find that

its for 30 days no eating after sunrise in the morning to sunset at night, after that u can eat it

if u do it properly and not be crazy like when u breal the fast and night , some people guzzle more than normal and specially with junk food coz of low sugar levels, it happens in europe but in places like asia and middle east their aint much junk food, so u can expect to loose half a stone a week

in europe maybe 2 to 4 pounds
Old 14 October 2004, 09:50 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

have it large moses!
Old 14 October 2004, 09:53 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

thanks mate and hows my fave shark markus the sharkus
Old 14 October 2004, 09:55 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Old 14 October 2004, 09:56 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

so what does it do? ( apart from leave you hungry )

clean the soul and all that jazz??
Old 14 October 2004, 09:59 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

I respect the non-indulgent discipline in doing Ramadan (if not the indigestion in the morning after all that lamb when I did it ). It also gives me a nice break from my Middle Eastern clients requests - long may the tradition last!!!
Old 14 October 2004, 10:02 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

yep cleans the soul and sacrifice for God and spiritual aspect and to make u feel how a poor person feels who doesnt have a meal, not just that, u try to stop the normal sins u will do, fight against it, we call it jihad against ourselves and fight our bad deeds and change it with a good, and this is the month when u send alot of charity to the poor and help the needy etc etc and feed them, prepare yourself for bad times staying hungry etc, alot of things mate not just a single thing

if u read the story of what the arabs the pagans at the time did to the minority muslims. banished them from mecca , persecuted them and they had no food, lil babies and people suffering for 2 yrs in the desert etc and had to eat plants and stuff , sad time

and also prophet jesus used to fast every yr too, we call it ramadhan, u mind in the bible when the devil tempts him for 40 days , etc etc he was fasting that time and fighting against evil and temptations, well we are doing the same as him
Old 14 October 2004, 10:04 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

All the best to you Moses

Girl that used to work beside me would come in looking shattered cos she was up sharp getting an early feed in before the sun was up...

She used to drink water though ... was she cheating or is that cool to do, I was never sure and we all reckoned she made some of the rules up as she went along
Old 14 October 2004, 10:12 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm fine moses, sharking like a good un
Old 14 October 2004, 10:14 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Surely it's not until Saturday?
Old 14 October 2004, 10:32 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

well said carl haha it aint till saturday

in sweden its tomorrow i think

sipie thanks mate, and yes the lassie was cheating no food or drink to pass our mouth mate so she was a cheater

and markus nice to hear from u again a face from the past mate u have a cool weekend
Old 14 October 2004, 10:39 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
well said carl haha it aint till saturday
That's of course providing the new moon is "observed". That bit seems ludicrous to me. You can easily calculate the time of sunset, and the time/date of the new moon, so observation shouldn't come into it, IMHO.

It's a good job the religion wasn't invented in this country. You'd have Ramadan starting two weeks late because every night was cloudy!

PS: moses, you're a man who knows about Islam: what happens in countries like Sweden when Ramadan occurs in the middle of summer? I mean, you could go for the whole of Ramadan without the sun setting. Are you supposed to fast for a month? Obviously, Islam originates from the Middle East where these things aren't an issue.
Old 14 October 2004, 10:46 PM
imi
Scooby Regular

Good point about fasting in countries with extra long days....what about the poles???

In those circumstance I personally would resort to common sense and fast for 12 hrs. but I take your point...
Old 14 October 2004, 10:47 PM
imi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carl
Obviously, Islam originates from the Middle East where these things aren't an issue.
Yeah...All the three major religions did.
Old 14 October 2004, 10:49 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

It starts tomorrow!
Old 14 October 2004, 10:59 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The burning question EVERYONE wants to ask, and its NOT pointed!, just a pure interest question.

Would it be OK to behead someone during Ramadam? I won't go any further on this sensitive matter .... I am genuinely interested to know!

Happy Ramadam, by the way .... I respect your religion

Pete
Old 14 October 2004, 11:01 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

imi true all the monothiestic religions come from our motherland the middle east

judaism, christianity and islam suppose to be the same religion

lol @ carl and haha the clouds, true mate it goes by the middle east sighting then the calculation of hours or something

sweden its easy to sort the times out from their and also in the north pole when its always light u can tell by the days , it is slightly darker than the normal afternoon, thats how they work it out

and imi when i was a kid , ramadhan was in summer time we had to fast from 01.00 am in the morn to 10.30 or something at night i was a kid so i kept half a fast ( training purposes for kids)

those were the hard days, hardest is in asia and middle east, days are very long, here in the uk we are very lucky their short
Old 14 October 2004, 11:03 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

ps lewis i cant believe u said that mate, i call it a hijack of a good thread

and yes its a sin to kill anyone in the month of ramadhan, u remember 2 yrs ago usa striked on the afghans during the month of ramadhan and so also in iraq and also clinton bombed the iraqis in ramadhan and if war is brought upon the muslims in ramadhan they have every right to strike back.

but its very bad to find in ramadhan, its the time of holiness, peace and luv and patience

in the month of ramadhan is the time when israelis butcher palestinians by the hundreds, they dont sympathise with the palestinians
Old 14 October 2004, 11:04 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Well done Pete.... always willing to go that extra mile!

Without treading on anyone's toes I think I am right in saying that it isn't ok to behead prisoners "of war" AT ALL, going on what the Muslim council of GB were saying on the T.V the other day.

I can never have any concept of what the occasion really means to those who believe, but nonetheless, happy ramadhan mubarak moses!
Old 14 October 2004, 11:08 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Moses, I was trying to be delicate - as its a delicate issue - but it was a question no doubt burning in readers minds.

I was wondering if Bigley could have had a month longer to live had he lasted this far - I would suggest he was feasting too ...... but not just in daylight hours (I guess he couldn't have faced food even when the sun went down)

I trust a prayer will be said for the innocents murdered in the recent conflicts (of all sides and creeds)

Pete
Old 14 October 2004, 11:13 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

thanks ajm

and lewis, bigley God bless him this man abu musab is an evil b@stard who wont spare no one, a muslim brother said to me if bigley said the shahada ( declaration of faith ( islam)) they would have let him go, i said well bullsh1t abu musad dont give a flying f*** about the shahada coz this man has killed his own muslim brothers, sunni and shia and also the turkish muslims , he beheaded them , so ramadhan wouldnt have mattered lewis, this man dont see a difference between muslim and non muslim victims, he has killed more muslims than non muslims in iraq.

i dont think it would have mattered, lets say bigley was held by the other militants like sadr or the ones who held the 2 italian angels, good people they were God bless them. they would have released them, when u hear the italian girls telling the press they were treated well and one of the militants touched their feet by mistake and he got chastised , punishished from the other militants, they sound decent people but abu musab is a different story
Old 14 October 2004, 11:17 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Decent? You forget that they STILL kidnapped innocents (for money in this case, granted) but don't call them decent!!

Pete
Old 14 October 2004, 11:17 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

have a read here

http://www.islamonline.net/askabouti...uestionID=8343
Old 14 October 2004, 11:19 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
those were the hard days, hardest is in asia and middle east, days are very long, here in the uk we are very lucky their short
Unfortunately this is so untrue. For sure, in the winter the days here are shorter than they are in the middle east (tropical latitudes). But the converse is true: in the summer, the days here are much longer. Obviously this goes to extremes at the poles, where the days and nights are six months apiece.

Not sure what you mean by the fact that in Sweden it gets darker so "you can tell". My understanding of Ramadan is that you keep a fast from sunrise (when the first grey bits in the sky start to show -- not official astronomical sunrise) until sunset. If the sun doesn't set, you're not allowed to stop fasting.

To say that when the light is at a minimum it must be night-time is as sensible as using astronomically-calculated times for sunrise/sunset and new moon. If we can do the former, why not the latter?
Old 14 October 2004, 11:19 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

yeah true i agree i meant decent compared to abu musab
Old 14 October 2004, 11:21 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

it doesnt say night in the quran mate, theirs a verse about it

and also i will try to find some posts and questions on it, been asked to the scholars and their have been answers give me a day or 2 will try to find u all the questions asked
Old 14 October 2004, 11:23 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

OK, thanks. It's always bothered me. Like the date of Ramadan being different around the world (according to whether the new moon occurs before sunset or after). These are things that the original scholars of Islam didn't consider -- for them, the world was about 2000x1000 miles so these events occurred at roughly the same time all over.

Quick Reply: happy ramadhan mubarak