Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Oakley Prescription eyewear

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2004, 04:53 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Oakley Prescription eyewear

I am resigned to the fact that I am going to need glasses (if the truth be known I was told so around 3 years ago but I am getting round to it )
I like the look of the Oakley frames. Anyone got them or know of a place where I can order them at good prices ?

Cheers

Paul
Old 08 October 2004, 04:55 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

i know my mate got his from vision express.

Ive got oakley sun glasses really good
Old 08 October 2004, 10:33 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

/\
Old 08 October 2004, 11:44 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

i got em
nice too
Old 10 October 2004, 09:39 AM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

I'm on about my 4th pair of prescription Oakleys - both sunglasses and glasses, and most of 'em I've got from Vision Express - I've always got on well with them, and the store I use in Bristol is a large one, with about the biggest range of glasses I've ever seen.

Also, I've used other stores, and it seems to be that if a store stocks them, they can get anything you want - the website hasthe whole range on it.

Other good thing with prescription sungalsses is you can get any mix of frame and lens you want, whereas Oakley only do certain mixes in the sungalss range.

So much so, that I created a pair, which looked like (and people thought were) the Limited Edition Ducatti range, just by changing the colour of the ear socks and the lens colour.
Old 10 October 2004, 09:50 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Paul - check your prescription first. It depends on the degree of short / long sightedness that you have, but I've found that I wasn't able to get prescription lenses to fit into Oakley frames (my lenses are quite strong and there was too much curve on the frame to shape the lenses properly). Obviously it depends on what frame you look at, but it is worth checking with your Optician, as there is nothing worse than picking out the frames you really like only to be told that the lenses won't fit! (been there done that...)
Old 10 October 2004, 11:14 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris L
Paul - check your prescription first. It depends on the degree of short / long sightedness that you have, but I've found that I wasn't able to get prescription lenses to fit into Oakley frames (my lenses are quite strong and there was too much curve on the frame to shape the lenses properly). Obviously it depends on what frame you look at, but it is worth checking with your Optician, as there is nothing worse than picking out the frames you really like only to be told that the lenses won't fit! (been there done that...)

yep same here

only managed to get (JUST) prescrition glasses.

they couldn't do them on the oakley sunglasses range
so got those on POLICE
Old 10 October 2004, 11:18 AM
matt.bowey
Scooby Regular

got some too.

Just make sure that u get genuine oakley lenses, not the cheapies that soem opticians want to fit.........! not cheap!!

def have the polarised option!!
Old 10 October 2004, 11:53 AM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

When I first looked at getting some Oakleys, the optician gave me a copy of a sheet which detailed which frames would hold which lenses - you can then go awayand look at them on-line to see what you can have.

Just a question of getting it from the optician.
Old 10 October 2004, 05:05 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

I went in to Vision Express the other day there and tried a few on and have it down to the O2 or the Chain 4.0
The prescription shouldnt be too bad as there isnt much correction needed at all but worth checking before I go any further. Thanks for the info.
My question about getting them from VE is: they said they could do the 1 hour prescription. Would this be a cheapy lens or do they cut Oakley lenses? (s'pose I should have asked them but I was in a hurry)
Old 10 October 2004, 08:05 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Sometimes, I've had to wait for a week or so for lenses. Personally don't think it is an issue unless you're buying sunglasses. If it's just glasses, then the lenses are such a crucial issue, I've had a few sets which were done in an hour.