Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Japanese GP and FAO Brit In Japan

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2004, 04:42 AM
Rags
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Japanese GP and FAO Brit In Japan

Has anyone ever been to the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka before?

I'm going all 3 days, sitting in section B1 at the start to the home straight.

good facilities?
any "must do"s while im there?

Brit In Japan

Don"t suppose your going by any chance?

Rags
Old 01 October 2004, 06:47 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rags
Has anyone ever been to the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka before?

I'm going all 3 days, sitting in section B1 at the start to the home straight.

good facilities?
any "must do"s while im there?

Brit In Japan

Don"t suppose your going by any chance?

Rags
I might be going, no tickets right now and there will be no grandstand seats left. I went to watch the qualifying last year, just a general entry ticket but found a good viewpoint. I've got a friend in one of the teams, I'm hoping I can still blag a ticket

Traffic can be pretty horrendous, like Silverstone used to be except without the whinging and without Bernie threatening to take the event away.

Facilities are OK, it has more going for it than Silverstone. Be prepared for long walks from carparks to the circuit, I didn't see any shuttle buses last year. The funfair is a good diversion, though obviously it gets a tad busy on race weekend. If I'm going I can give you a call. PM me your ketei banwa!

Last edited by Brit_in_Japan; 01 October 2004 at 06:59 AM. Reason: 'cos I forgot you lived here ;)
Old 01 October 2004, 07:00 AM
Rags
Scooby Regular

hey mate

As far as the GP is concerned i've already sorted a hotel about an hour from the track for the 3 nights and then im just gonna get the train down there. going with a japanese friend from work( thinks Sato is the dogs danglies. I made her fully aware that button is gonna whoop some japanese ***)

I've been here since march living in Nara, I leave on October 11th the day after the GP, Nara's a nice place for temples and stuff, just doesn't have that many good bars, one or 2! I agree about the Buddah, has to be seen...

Been to Kyoto and got my picture taken with real Keisha girls etc. saw the golden temple, suicide point and all the other good sites. it was a nice place.

Was in Osaka for 4 weeks in june again another good city

Ive seen Tokyo and been to mt Fuji, but I couldn't get up to see the Rally because of my work schedule which pissed me off but oh well.

one thing that wasn't cool was the 2 7.0 earthquakes we had at the beggining of september.absolutely shat my pants when the whole apartment block starting shaking big time!!

I've had a great time and would definately be back to visit friends but im about ready to leave and the GP weekend is a little treat to myself for working my *** off for the past 7 months!!

Rags
Old 01 October 2004, 07:05 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Talking

Get out while you still can !!!
Old 01 October 2004, 07:13 AM
Rags
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by letdown
Get out while you still can !!!
after those 2 bigguns in the same day we"ve had a lot of little tremors maybe 8 or 9 measuring about 5 on the old richter scale..

pah, 5 is nothing after your been in a 7!!!!

also that doesn't include the weekly typhoons we get and the mud slide a few weeks ago!!

Japan gets battered by every possible natural disaster!!!!

Rags
Old 01 October 2004, 07:21 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Talking

That Typhoon the other night was pretty good wasnt it???

Except I left the patio door open and I had twigs and all sorts all over the lounge !!
Old 03 October 2004, 08:20 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Hi Rags, I got your PM and will send you my contact number in case I find a ticket from somewhere. Just been speaking to AJbaseBloke. He will definitely be at Suzuka next weekend so drop him a PM !

Those two M7 quakes were interesting, although I have to say I didn't even feel the first one, I think I was on the train at the time. I expect they were even more interesting in Nara I didn't think quakes lasted so long or had that type of movement. I could feel it building and then after the peak it kept on shaking for maybe 60 seconds in a sort of low frequency oscillation, about 0.3 Hz with the whole world moving about 10 cm back and fore. Weird.

A new colleague came to Japan at the beginning of September during which time he's seen 2 M7 quakes (plus 6 x M6+?) and three typhoons. Some people get all the luck