Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Done for speeding for first time..... DAMN

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2004, 10:01 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Done for speeding for first time..... DAMN

well I've managed 7 years of driving without getting caught for anything, no trouble with the police and no crashes of my own fault.
But my spotless record has just been ruined after being caught on a hidden mobile camera in a bush on the a127 southend bound Saturday night. Way before southend and the boy racer territory, before even Basildon i think.
91mph in a 70. Wasn't driving silly, racing or anything, just cruising back from Romford dogs with minimal traffic at 11.15pm. Really annoyed now
Only way I saw the camera was when it flashed. they must have hid it pretty well.
Any idea how much my fine will be???
I guess the best i can hope for is 3 points & £60???
Old 30 September 2004, 10:13 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Just be thankful that it didn't flash you when you were doing three figures - you know you had been at some stage .... Been there done that - automatic ban and LARGE fine ....

Romford dogs eh .... hope you backed a few winners ... you may need it!

Spent many an evening at nearby Walthamstow .....
Old 30 September 2004, 10:25 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MGJohn
Been there done that - automatic ban and LARGE fine
Not true, I got caught at 101.6 mph on a dual carraigeway, got 3pts and £60 fine
Old 30 September 2004, 11:06 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

well lets just hope I get away with the same!
only played around with a few quid at the dogs. good fun though
Old 30 September 2004, 11:15 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7 Years??

PAH!

Thats nowt mate - post again when you go 57 years without a blemish!

Youngsters these days so easily satisfied

Pete
Old 30 September 2004, 11:45 PM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my first speeding ticket this year too, after 15 years. Fortunately for my license it was in New Zealand

Steve.
Old 30 September 2004, 11:56 PM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Location: Covered in stickers in the year of the HUGE concrete

Originally Posted by pslewis
57 years driving??

Crikey!

Trending Topics

Old 01 October 2004, 12:05 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fantom
just cruising back from Romford dogs
How chav. Walthamstow and Catford dogs are class
Old 01 October 2004, 12:32 AM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I would encourage you to consider that there may be a range of defences open to you should an NIP appear through your door. From your posting I guess that you may already have the NIP but if you haven't returned it then you have 28 days to do so and in that time you may care to send the letter that Mika has prepared over on www.pepipoo.com in the judicial process forums. This letter goes to the local Chief Constable and points out that the EU has ruled the NIP illegal.

The CC may chose to ignore this letter, or he may not, but it will put you in a good position to become part of the class action to reclaim speeding fines, extra insurance payments etc. Sending the letter has no drawbacks, it is not illegal to write to the CC, but it may just work for you.

There is also the option of getting an experienced motoring solicitor to prepare a defence for you.

You may also care to examine the regulations on speed limit sign requirements on www.abd.org.uk as once you know what the legal requirements are then you'd be surprised at the number of limits you see which are actually legally unenforcable.

While you might think it OK to take the points etc. this time you must remember that a few further slips could leave you without a license and possibily job, hobby etc. etc. so with this in mind it is worth fighting every ticket.
Old 01 October 2004, 03:22 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fantom
91mph in a 70. Wasn't driving silly, racing or anything, just cruising back from Romford dogs with minimal traffic at 11.15pm. Really annoyed now
Only way I saw the camera was when it flashed. they must have hid it pretty well.
Any idea how much my fine will be???
I guess the best i can hope for is 3 points & £60???
91 in a 70 will be 3 points and £60. I know this for a fact as I found out the thresholds and stuff when I installed a printer for the Essex "Safety" camera lot last year.

Most police forces go up to 96 in a 70 before they will not offer you the 3/£60 "conditional offer" and send you to court instead, this is straight from the ACPO guidelines.

And as for the comment about checking signage regulations, no dice I'm afraid. that national speed limit is 70 and you're supposed to know this, it's nothing like when you do 70 in a 50 but the 50 sign was hidden in a bush.

Last edited by Lum; 01 October 2004 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01 October 2004, 07:11 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I would encourage you to consider that there may be a range of defences open to you should an NIP appear through your door. From your posting I guess that you may already have the NIP but if you haven't returned it then you have 28 days to do so and in that time you may care to send the letter that Mika has prepared over on www.pepipoo.com in the judicial process forums. This letter goes to the local Chief Constable and points out that the EU has ruled the NIP illegal.

The CC may chose to ignore this letter, or he may not, but it will put you in a good position to become part of the class action to reclaim speeding fines, extra insurance payments etc. Sending the letter has no drawbacks, it is not illegal to write to the CC, but it may just work for you.

There is also the option of getting an experienced motoring solicitor to prepare a defence for you.

You may also care to examine the regulations on speed limit sign requirements on www.abd.org.uk as once you know what the legal requirements are then you'd be surprised at the number of limits you see which are actually legally unenforcable.

While you might think it OK to take the points etc. this time you must remember that a few further slips could leave you without a license and possibily job, hobby etc. etc. so with this in mind it is worth fighting every ticket.

Nah its 60 quid and he WAS speeding!
Old 01 October 2004, 08:12 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
7 Years??

PAH!

Youngsters these days so easily satisfied

Pete
you'd think that older people would drive FASTER, what with their time running out and all
Old 01 October 2004, 08:19 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Fantom - where abouts? Before or after the Laindon roundabout?

I hope you don't get clobbered too badly, but without wishing to sound a smart-@rse, i have to say, i'm *amazed* that anyone with a Scoob doesn't have some sort of speed detection device. Even a fairly cheap one would probably have saved you the points and fine...
Old 01 October 2004, 08:24 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Don't worry Fantom.... it took me 5 years to get speed taxed the first time and then another 7 years to get speed taxed the second time. Once you get over feeling like a dirty criminal and come to realise its just another tax it won't bother you so much.

Pete may think he is the bees knees for never having had a speeding ticket in 57 years, but in actual fact he is just a tax evader!
Old 01 October 2004, 06:04 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

I think it was before Laindon.
If I get done again then I'll definately get a road angel. well worth the £400 in my opinion.
Old 01 October 2004, 06:25 PM
yoza
BANNED

It always hurts a bit the first time.

The next few are less painfull, but then there is one more that hurts like ****....