Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anybody been to Hockenheimring?

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 10:18 AM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody been to Hockenheimring?

I'm driving to Germany next week and apart from the Nurburgring am considering the possibility of making a trip to Hockenheimring where the German grand prix is held. Has anybody been there? I see from the website there's a museum there and I can possibly drive round the circuit, but can anybody recommend going there?
Old 03 September 2004, 01:00 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Hockenheim is about an hour up th road from me, been there twice so far, there is a museum there but not been in it, you can drive staright round into the pits area aslong as there is no racing on.

You can park behind the pits where all the lorries park on race day and wonder through to the pit straight through a gap betwen pit 1 and the podium.

TBH there ain't much to see it is a race track after all.

as for driving on the track I am not sure if you can or not. I will say one thing though it is not easy to get to th esigns are terrible you end up going through a housing estate to get in when in actual fact all you need to do is turn right when you get of the autobahn but this exit isn't signposted.
Old 03 September 2004, 01:53 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah thanks Wurzel, I thought you may know something about it! I think that if we have time to fill we'll go along and have a look round the museum and track. There are no big events on during the time we're in Germany so it'll probably be quiet. Thanks for the tips on directions! I seem to remember the Hockenheimring website saying you can drive on the track on Thursday evenings (or something like that!) so I'll check that out. If you see a silver UK MY00 driving around give it a wave.