Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Youth of today - Makes me sick

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2004, 01:55 PM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Youth of today - Makes me sick

Walking home last night about 11:30 and spotted some youths/chavs breaking into garages by my house. 2 on lookout and 1 (i assume, didn't see a 3rd until later because a wall obstructs a clear view of the front of the garages from that angle) doing the deed
I casually carried on walking then when out of site ditched my umbrella in my garden and and legged it round to the other side of the close.
In this time a neighbour had pulled up in his car so the youths were walking off making out nothing had happened, when they were out of sight I checked and they'd opened 2 garages, one was my mates. Phoned him and the cops and tailed the youths keeping an eye on them. They looked like they were hanging aroung for the neighbour who pulled up to move (he was chatting with his missus in the car for ages), probably so they could have finished the job.

Eventually they must have got bored and walked off, my mate pulled up (with his mates ) and we followed them descretly till the police arrived (well, I followed them and kept in phone contact with mate)

Police took our details but as it was dark, wet, all youths round here wear the same clothes and I didn't ACTUALLY see one of them breaking in they could only warn the kids (if they found them, told them where the kids were hanging out but don't know if the cops got to them before they moved on)

Needless to say after waiting by my mates house for a while sure enough the youths came back, only this time after turning the corner we walked after then only for them to leg it (must have thought "hmm... we've seem him 4 times tonight, and now there's a bunch of them, Siht we're in trouble")

The second garage they broke into had a 15k superbike in it, but nothing was appeared to be disturbed.

Never had this problem when I was a lad, what the hell is up with this generation.

And if you think I'm being a bit over the top, my garage was done the same way 2 years ago and my £600 alloy wheels knicked (they were off the car awaiting new rubber), so I know what's it like to have ti done to you.

Barstewards is all I can see.
Old 12 August 2004, 01:59 PM
Robert Rosario
Scooby Regular

Not good mate
Old 12 August 2004, 02:06 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have followed a few people in the same way whilst being on the phone to the Police

A couple of years ago I was heading back to my car after dinner in Windsor and saw two girls coming along the road. Whilst I was putting on my seatbelt on they pulled a charity box out and tipped the contents all over the floor they then scooped up the cash and headed back the road. I called the Police and followed them at a distance and watched them go into a cafe where they stayed until the Police turned up guided in by me on my Mobile to their control room
Old 12 August 2004, 02:09 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Its a dump isn't it.

My rose tinted glasses came off about 5 years ago when I started seeing the world then became utterly embarrassed and ashamed of England when I returned home.

Scum hole.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:15 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Blair's Bittain.

The youth know the Police have been rendered impotent by politically correct policing policy. They also know that if you act to protect your property it's *you* that will be in breach of the law. Therefore they are free to carry on as they wish.

The only answer is to get this government out of office at the next election and get some decent law enforcment policy in place.

UB
Old 12 August 2004, 02:17 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Blair's Bittain.

The youth know the Police have been rendered impotent by politically correct policing policy. They also know that if you act to protect your property it's *you* that will be in breach of the law. Therefore they are free to carry on as they wish.

The only answer is to get this government out of office at the next election and get some decent law enforcment policy in place.

UB
Here here.

Cross in the Blue box please sir.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:25 PM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Blair's Bittain.

UB
So what should the Police have done - if they weren't constrained by 'political correctness' as you suggest? What sort of changes do you imagine a Tory Goverment would make that would prevent this sort of thing happening?
Old 12 August 2004, 02:27 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Dixon
? What sort of changes do you imagine a Tory Goverment would make that would prevent this sort of thing happening?

It would be a step in the right direction.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:32 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

The PC has gone to far and is well and truelly embedded in society now, no matter what happens at the next election the damage has already been done, and no matter which party gets elected nothing is going to change. IMHO.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:35 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Youth curfews and make parents responsible for their childrens actions. With stiff fines for the transgressors. There shouldn't be gangs of youths roaming the streets at night.

UB
Old 12 August 2004, 02:38 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Youth curfews and make parents responsible for their childrens actions. With stiff fines for the transgressors. There shouldn't be gangs of youths roaming the streets at night.

UB

Good start.

May be my proposal on other threads for wannabee parents to apply for a license to have children. Them being accepted for that license all comes down to whether they are suitable to parent a child.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:38 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Said it before, say it again - National Service.

Although the PC mob would fookin whinge that it was an infringement of civil liberties or some such claptrap. Makes me wonder just *how* bad it has to get before something drastic is done. Better policing isn't the answer - remedying the CAUSE is what's needed.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:40 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Said it before, say it again - National Service.

Although the PC mob would fookin whinge that it was an infringement of civil liberties or some such claptrap. Makes me wonder just *how* bad it has to get before something drastic is done. Better policing isn't the answer - remedying the CAUSE is what's needed.

The only problem is when they come out, alot of them think they are bad-boy army tough men and going around acting the big man.

I work with a guy who used to be in the Army, he thinks he's the big man in the office - reality is he is a ****.

It might work (Nat service), but in this experience it makes tham worse.

I gotta believe its still parenting....or a simple lack of it. The attitude is instilled at such a young age it becomes acceptable and normal to be a ******.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:41 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

TB after watching bad lads army I am no longer convinced NS would solve the problems.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:43 PM
66 Blue
Scooby Regular

Blair is such a T*at all he is bothered about is feckin terrorism bull$hit!! fecking scare-mongering the population of a terrorist threat!!!
The w4anker should stop messing about and concentrate on domestic issues that affect our daily lives!!!!!!!!!
Makes me sick the way this country is going!!!!!
Old 12 August 2004, 02:45 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 66 Blue
Blair is such a T*at all he is bothered about is feckin terrorism bull$hit!! fecking scare-mongering the population of a terrorist threat!!!
The w4anker should stop messing about and concentrate on domestic issues that affect our daily lives!!!!!!!!!
Makes me sick the way this country is going!!!!!

A good honest answer. I'll definately back that argument up!!
Old 12 August 2004, 02:46 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I fear that until New Labour are removed from office (hopefully at the next election) the decline in standards and social responibilities can only continue.

UB
Old 12 August 2004, 02:47 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Question

Would it have to be so militarily-based though?

Just a bit of time instilling the discipline and respect that the incompetent parents haven't bothered to do is all it would take, no?
Old 12 August 2004, 02:48 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

I fear that until New Labour are removed from office (hopefully at the next election) the decline in standards and social responibilities can only continue.

UB

That is for sure!! I guarantee that Labour will win the next election. Not a landslide like the previous 2 but a large margin never the less.

I heard a quote on here about a month ago, from somebodies grandad or something.....made me laugh...."all generations have to suffer a Labour Government". lol.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:50 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Would it have to be so militarily-based though?

Just a bit of time instilling the discipline and respect that the incompetent parents haven't bothered to do is all it would take, no?

Definately worth a try, so yes. Only problem is it'll never happen now. People will say you're infringing on there democratic right of freedom of movement or something.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:52 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

I'm not that old (27), and I rememeber getting a clip round the ear off the local bobby. I went running home in tears to tell my parents and they sided with him and gave me a matching pair!!! Do that today and the copper would be in court as would the parents. It discusts me that Britain has come to this, and that is truly sad.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:54 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon C
I'm not that old (27), and I rememeber getting a clip round the ear off the local bobby. I went running home in tears to tell my parents and they sided with him and gave me a matching pair!!! Do that today and the copper would be in court as would the parents. It discusts me that Britain has come to this, and that is truly sad.
A perfect example.

Like teachers these days have to spend most of their time justifying their actions instead of receiving the back up that teachers used to get from parents.
Old 12 August 2004, 02:55 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
I heard a quote on here about a month ago, from somebodies grandad or something.....made me laugh...."all generations have to suffer a Labour Government". lol.
Yes, but we've done that now. Not for *another* term surely. The public *can't be* that stupid.... can they?

UB
Old 12 August 2004, 02:58 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Yes, but we've done that now. Not for *another* term surely. The public *can't be* that stupid.... can they?

UB
UB that question does not even deserve an answer !!!!!!
Old 12 August 2004, 02:58 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

UB

It isn't too long now. I'd bet thousands on it. No way will any party get more of the vote than Labour.

Sad but true.
Old 12 August 2004, 03:02 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Oh cack!! Best get on with my plans to emigrate then.

UB
Old 12 August 2004, 03:03 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I don't think it's as clear-cut as that, especially if Tony Blair isn't the Labour Party leader at the next election.

I reckon he's the reason a LOT of people who don't know much about politics have voted Labour. He's their biggest asset, and they know it.
Old 12 August 2004, 03:08 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

I don't think it's as clear-cut as that, especially if Tony Blair isn't the Labour Party leader at the next election.

I reckon he's the reason a LOT of people who don't know much about politics have voted Labour. He's their biggest asset, and they know it.

Media reporters approach Joe public with a microphone. Ask the question, "who will you vote for"??

Answer: "Blair, cos that Hague/Duncan-Smith/Howard bloke is a <insert irrelevent insult here> aint he".

I rest my case.
Old 12 August 2004, 03:16 PM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

This may sound like a very stereotypical view but its true (in this case) - My in-laws and all of their brothers/sisters vote for labour becasue they are poor and think Labour is the party to vote for. I quote "The consertavites are just a bunch of aristocrats who make the rich richer and the poor poorer"
Old 12 August 2004, 03:17 PM
Prince Popeye
BANNED

TBH its only going to get worse unless we ditch the whole political/legal system and START AGAIN. Those Law Lords are the worst. Lord Woolfe and his old cronies who are mindlessly out of touch with society. GET RID!

The police catch the scum and the legal system gives them a 50th chance to CHANGE. How the hell can u change a Chav????

Quick Reply: Youth of today - Makes me sick