Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Back from hols, UK is deffo a pit

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2004, 09:28 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Back from hols, UK is deffo a pit

Lo folks, just just back from a week in Rome (Trastevere, although I've been elsewhere before mind) and I'm deffo of the opinion that the UK has really, really had it.

I never seen a single CTV cam anywhrere, and drinking in the streets was cool, with loads of youngsters playing footie and throwing frisbees about S Maria de Trastevere etc at 3am, beer and wine bottles ahoy but absolutely 'NO' violence or even any raised (aggressive) voices in over a week of staying there. They faff their scooters about without a care in the world, or even a helmet strap, and just seem to live life for what it is, unlike the sanitised UK where we live by the rules of utter hypocrisy. **** the UK, how can we change it for the better, either that or we **** of out of this ****e forever, surely :/

I'm not even gonna mention the food or drink

I wish someone could tell me why we stay in this cess pit.

Is it just me? :/

J

Last edited by Jye; 09 August 2004 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09 August 2004, 09:32 PM
yoza
BANNED

Cheer up.

Soon be dark at 1600hrs, freezing cold, scrapping ice off your windows, dark, raining constantly for 5 months, cant wait.
Old 09 August 2004, 09:32 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Gaggin fur it yoza, of course
Old 09 August 2004, 09:33 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

...because 'yoofs' on the continent are brought up to respect alcohol at an early age.

Also, I imagine you didn't wine or dine in any of the outlying 'problem' areas associated with any major city. Tourists don't come to Edinburgh to stay/dine in Pilton/Muirhouse/etc do they
Old 09 August 2004, 09:37 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

The Trastevere actually was 'the outlying problem area' of Rome (at one time) imlach, but it still blows away our needle and bottle fest wastelands over here :/

No excuses required m8
Old 09 August 2004, 09:55 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Is it just me? :/
no

Lo folks, just just back from a week in Rome (Trastevere, although I've been elsewhere before mind) and I'm deffo of the opinion that the UK has really, really had it.
I get that feeling the moment I hit customs at Heathrow. It's like arriving at a social security office. Then it's downhill from there onwards.

UB

Last edited by unclebuck; 09 August 2004 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09 August 2004, 10:01 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

I have been to Italy loads of times and is my fave place, once went to Palermo in Sicily and walked thro a really bad area, I was sh!ttin it big time, came out unscathed and even had a couple of p!ssheads walk past me and throw an empty bottle of win in a bin, no bother but i still crapped it, I was expecting a bit of myther, top place Italy, England isn't a good place anymore, I moved to France 2 months ago, can't beat it, not until I need to earn some doh anyway. Live a little an get out
Old 09 August 2004, 10:05 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I wish someone could tell me why we stay in this cess pit.
Cos its not easy to get out and get in somewhere decent (ie NZ, Oz, Canada etc) - if it was then myself and a lot of people I know wouldnt be here on UK soil now!
Old 09 August 2004, 10:09 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Cos its not easy to get out and get in somewhere decent (ie NZ, Oz, Canada etc) - if it was then myself and a lot of people I know wouldnt be here on UK soil now!
Damn true. But, why is it that every single Tom, Dick and Harry seems to be able to sneak in here and 'set up shop' (read claim endless benefits) though?

UB
Old 09 August 2004, 10:27 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

So I'm sorted. thf
Old 09 August 2004, 10:29 PM
deano
Scooby Regular

The Italians have style. they don't have to be flash, they drive a Punto convertible and still look cool. I mean, how many Italians do you see wearing sandles and socks I agree... This country is fecked.
Old 09 August 2004, 10:44 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

I know Italians who love the UK.....well.. London to be more precise.
Old 10 August 2004, 04:09 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

The Italians have style. they don't have to be flash, they drive a Punto convertible and still look cool.
tbo I fell in love with the TMAX 500 R, a bloody scooter but it looked like paradise to me in the heat

Old 10 August 2004, 04:23 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Friend of mine went to Turin recently and said it was a complete sh1thole - used needles in the gutters, dirty place blah de blah.
I suppose Jye it depends where you live and where you holliday and where you eat out etc.
Not saying you do but if a typical meal out with the family is a Brewers Feast pub then a calzone in the romance of Rome is going to seem a million miles away innit?
Im a tad over patriotic and am a strong believer that there is nowhere better in Europe to live than GB - so I can only put it down to you having a case of pot hollibob blues...Mama Mia
Old 10 August 2004, 04:26 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Ahh the grass is always greener. Nobody forcing you to live here. Simply, if you hate it so much here, move. Thousands have.
Old 10 August 2004, 04:27 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jye
tbo I fell in love with the TMAX 500 R, a bloody scooter but it looked like paradise to me in the heat
LOL - someone here rides one of those in all weathers commuting round the M25. 500cc mind you, so it does have some performance.
Old 10 August 2004, 04:29 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Ahh the grass is always greener. Nobody forcing you to live here. Simply, if you hate it so much here, move. Thousands have.
How did I just know 'someone' would say that? lol.

I probably would move if (a) I could get a job and (b) if my family didnt need me.

Anyhow, nothing like a good ol moan to beat the holiday blues
Old 10 August 2004, 04:32 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

LOL - someone here rides one of those in all weathers commuting round the M25. 500cc mind you, so it does have some performance.
Yeah they do seem pretty nippy, I take it they are 500 cc then. tbo OK they looked cool over there where the weather suits them but I think I'll stick to motorbikes for a bit longer
Old 10 August 2004, 04:34 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Not saying you do but if a typical meal out with the family is a Brewers Feast pub then a calzone in the romance of Rome is going to seem a million miles away innit?
eeek! I'm a gastrosnob Abdabz, not a gastroblob Re the rest of your post, bang on