Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Alton towers help reqd

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2004, 07:52 PM
opelcorsa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alton towers help reqd

Right folks some help required here from those in the know.

I am planning a two day trip to AT and need to know what accommodation is about and if it is scoob friendly.

I heard there is a hotel inside the park,has it got private parking facilities?

Whan is the best time to go down,beginning,mid or at the end of the week cos i guess weekends are mental busy!!!

Looking forward to replies.

Going to have a look at their web-site in the meantime.
Old 01 August 2004, 07:56 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

as i reckon you'll be taking the kids....or goin yerself....i would suggest staying at the alton towers hotel m8. it has a private car park and when you book up, you get free passes into the theme park itself(iirc), plus the rooms are themed, so's it gives a bit more enjoyment to the kiddies. i loved the hotel, only minus point was, there wasn't much to do at night....except eat n drink
Old 01 August 2004, 07:59 PM
penfold118
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Never stayed at the hotel but it looks like it has private parkin( its at the far end of the carparks so shouldnt have to many people walkin by), the area round it is a little villages so shud be prety safe...!!!! ( famous last words.!!!)

The security is good there when i was there last i saw them grab some chavs in the Nemisis que that had come over the fence, they have infa red cameras everywere....!

I think its going to packed all the time with the kids of, try out there new waterpark...!!

Anyway hope you have a good time...
Old 01 August 2004, 09:32 PM
ChrisB

If you don't want to stay at the AT hotel, drop me a PM.

I live 10 miles from Towers, so I can point you in the direction of some hotels / inns that have CCTV and are just a short drive away.
Old 01 August 2004, 09:40 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i would NEVER go to that CHAV magnet without using the hotel- you get a pass to get in early and get que jumps on stuff for when joe public gets in.

i went few weeks ago- we had done all the rides and back at the hotel pool by midday- just as the park was starting to heave (did nemisis-at the front, twice in a row with no que)

T
Old 02 August 2004, 12:08 AM
THE M25 FLYER
Scooby Regular

Just come back from staying at the towers hotel in the park,at the time they had deal going where thursday was £99 and friday was £350 (family room sleeps 2 adult/2 kids),so you could have your room from 3pm thurs and leave your room 10am saturday,but you could leave your car in the hotel carpark (fairly secure away from public parking) and go into the park till it closed (5pm).
we got passes for 2 days inthe park and you could get in a bit early by going down the woodland walk at 8:45 to get to nemisis and air before the public entered at 09:00 at the other end of the park.The passes allowed you and 3 guests to jump the queues on the 4 top rides (only once per day though),but the queues on the thursday were 20 mins max and about 40 max on the friday.
There is a monorail which takes you back to the cark parks and the hotels as there is a lot of walking to be done.Food and drink in the park is a bit pricey but good,
we had wrist bands issued to us which allowed us 3 days use of cariba creek which was open from mid-day till nine,this was inside the adjoining hotel (accessed by an internal walk way).This was very impressive with under cover and outdoor areas,flume rides and fun pools.
The hotels are clean and staff very friendly,the evening entertainment wasn't great but you could use both the hotels eating areas and bars,food was expensive but ok.
All in all for us thursday lunch time till saturday pm was long enough.
We will be going back again its a bit pricey but a genuinely good experience.
Old 02 August 2004, 12:39 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

ps- are you taking kids? dont bother if they are under 10 (too small and slow) or over 14 (too rude and useless)

I can think of no reason why ANYONE goes to these places with bloody pushchairs et....nuts.