Someone just crashed into me too

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2004, 04:12 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Someone just crashed into me too

After all the recent accidents on Scoobynet I thought I'd get in on the act too

I was driving down the road just about to join the M4 when there was a car sat at the green lights looking at the traffic sat at the red lights to his right

I had to stop behind him and beeped my horn but he didn't move Until after a car piled into the back of me As soon as that happened the w@nker drove off

Now I'm having trouble with the guy who hit me everytime I asked him for his details he kept trying to change the subject and then I noticed that he had no tax He kept on asking me to drive off somewhere and park up out of the way but I refused because I got the impression that he would drive off.

After threatening him that if didn't give me his details I'd call the police there and then I got his name, address and mobile phone number. I'm not 100% sure about the address but the mobile checks out.

I phoned him up and he reckons his insurance won't pay out unless it's over 10% of the value of the car He tried then telling me that I have to get a quote and give it to him

So here I am waiting for him to provide his insurance details

Here's the pictures

The damage to my car doesn't look bad from the outside but it's bent behind the bumper
Old 30 July 2004, 04:15 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO I would have called the police anyway if it didn't have any tax. chances are he has no MOT or insurance either... hence saying that the quote shoud go to him so he can settle it himself...

sorry to hear about it..
Old 30 July 2004, 04:16 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

still, look on the bright side... the damage probably made the megan a little more attractive...
Old 30 July 2004, 04:20 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

I went to the police station this afternoon but they weren't interested I knew that'd be the case if I called them and I was running late as it was

I think only a barrel roll would improve it's looks
Old 31 July 2004, 08:41 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Maybe you should insist that they become interested. It is part of their job after all.

Les
Old 31 July 2004, 09:15 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that Paul.

It beggars belief the way the police treat crime these days. I thought they were supposed to look into these things especially with the recent advertising campaigns which suggests no tax = no insurance = unroadworthy. Some child could be killed by that car as it implies in the ad!!!

Oh well, as long as the cops are still getting the revenue rolling in off the back of the scamera, things will never change.
Old 31 July 2004, 11:41 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by paulpalmer

I went to the police station this afternoon but they weren't interested
Sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope it all works out. If the guy has no insurance, I doubt it though..

Perhaps one of our 'on board' coppers could shed some light as to why the police wouldn't be interested in a car without tax being driven around? Does it have to be driven around above a certain speed to get their attention?
Old 31 July 2004, 05:09 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Leslie
Maybe you should insist that they become interested. It is part of their job after all.

Les
I think I'll have to but because it was a company lease car I've handed it over to them so hopefully I won't have to deal with it.

The guy was supposed to phone me today with his insurance details (24 hours after the accident you are allowed so I was told by the Police yesterday) but now 27 hours on nothing
Old 31 July 2004, 05:13 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Sorry to hear that Paul.

It beggars belief the way the police treat crime these days. I thought they were supposed to look into these things especially with the recent advertising campaigns which suggests no tax = no insurance = unroadworthy. Some child could be killed by that car as it implies in the ad!!!

Oh well, as long as the cops are still getting the revenue rolling in off the back of the scamera, things will never change.
Hi Clare

I printed off a copy of that photo of his car and took it in with me and you can see that there's no tax disc in the holder With all these camera vans these days the only way to get away with it is not to register the car

I was shocked because I too thought what would happen if he killed someone.

Looks like I'll be back there Monday now
Old 31 July 2004, 05:15 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope it all works out. If the guy has no insurance, I doubt it though..

Perhaps one of our 'on board' coppers could shed some light as to why the police wouldn't be interested in a car without tax being driven around? Does it have to be driven around above a certain speed to get their attention?
It would be nice to have an answer actually, was I just unlucky with a bad Police Station or Police officer or is this the case everywhere?
Old 31 July 2004, 09:39 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Wander back to ye nick, and report the accident.

A) to satisfy your conciense,

b) makes the insurance aware!!

c) prevents mateyboy from denying it to his ins co !!

d) allege a bit of dc&a, unroadworthy vehicle, whiplash & failing to report.

e) and you whish to make a statement..

f) just remind them, as they so eloquently put it..

they are a police service.!!!!!!!

mart
Old 31 July 2004, 09:44 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

a friend of ours parked in a car park,,

as they were leaving his mrs remarked that the expensive car next to them had its window open and a load of shopping on the seat..

at the same time a local plod was in the carpark and she advised him of her concern...

he duly wandered over to take some details...

checked the reg and the tax disc... it was out of date!!!

"well" says the copper i,ll do him for that!!

blimey!!

mart
Old 31 July 2004, 10:07 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
a friend of ours parked in a car park,,

as they were leaving his mrs remarked that the expensive car next to them had its window open and a load of shopping on the seat..

at the same time a local plod was in the carpark and she advised him of her concern...

he duly wandered over to take some details...

checked the reg and the tax disc... it was out of date!!!

"well" says the copper i,ll do him for that!!

blimey!!

mart
Hi Mart

at that At least they were interested in that, they weren't even interested after he crashed into my car Oh well at least it's not mine, I was in two minds that morning whether to take my car or the company car luckily I made the correct decision
Old 31 July 2004, 11:30 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Easy to be wise with hindsight, but why didn't you just pass the tw@t who was stationary at the lights and let said ****** ram him in the ar$e instead? They both would have got what they deserved then.

UB
Old 02 August 2004, 10:36 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Because he was in the lane I wanted and if I had gone around him and he pulled away and we'd collided that it'd have been my fault for being in the worng lane
Old 02 August 2004, 11:22 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Thats harsh mate, but at the very least you are alright and its just dented metal.
Besides, its not your car. I doubt the shunter treated the bodywork any better than you treat the engine/handbrake
astraboy.