Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

alton towers

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2004, 12:54 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alton towers

went tues/wed...stayed in the hotel so got on the rides 1/2 hour before the park opened...did nemisis 2X sat at the front, oblivion 2X, and spinball and corkscrew and rapids......out of the park and back at the hotel pool by 12.30pm.....que time 3mins at the most!

got to wonder why ppl go when its busy? the rides were good but nothing on earth that lasts under 2 mins is worth queing 2 hrs for...in fact we missed Air as it at tech probs and opened late- by then it was a 40 min que and our hotel pass didnt cover it so we bailed and did spinball instead- pass let us walk past all the evil chav teenagers queing for 90mins..we walked staright on!

when we left to go back to the pool the que times were 2hrs on some things and the park was still filling up?????? are ppl mad? and sooooo many ppl with young kids...we left are 3 at home- had to laugh at the mugs lugging pushchairs around- whata waste of a day for them!

only thing it could do to improve is some sort of ticket only day- maybe tickets in advance to limit numbers, wack the price up and keep under 18s out.....i'd pay more to limit the ques and kids.

T

ps- why do all teenage boys either look FAT (saw one that had to be levered into the nemisis chair!) or skinny with the same geled hair comed forward onto their pierce eyebrow- they look like some mass extras from police camera action on a day out!......and all the girls have their crop tops showing their burger luvin bellies spilling out over their hippsters to show off their tattos and belly button gems......made me feel sicker than the coasters!
Old 15 July 2004, 01:11 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

<crop tops showing their burger luvin bellies> - No need for the p1ss tank to be on show!!!

Matt
Old 15 July 2004, 03:29 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

So do you get fast pass tickets with the alton towers hotel?

We had VIP fast passes when we went to EuroDisney at the start of the year, and it was brilliant, just being able to show the pass and get to the front of the queue, and none of this getting a ticket stamped and coming back at that time.

Think this has spoilt me, and so don't think I could go back to queuing for hours for a 70 second ride.
Old 15 July 2004, 03:40 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

you get two things at the hotel......at 8.45 they let you in the park to go on rides starting at 9am...this gives you 30 mins before the gates open.......we did two rides on nemisis at the front and still got to oblivion beofre the public.

you also get a VIP pass that lets you que jump 4 of the big rides......so if you were on the ball you could do 4-5 rides before 9.30 then do the 4 main ones agin via your pass and not que at all.

theres no way i would que for more than 10 mins to do any of the rides so this worked well for us!