Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone got one of these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...990528-0539851
any views on it i,m thinking of buying one
Old 14 July 2004, 12:37 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, My Girlfriend uses this one at the gym (it replaced the ipod she broke).
Sounds much better than the ipod. Doesn't (so far) skip like the Ipod did. (Although I've read there are ways around this) The earphones supplied are cheap and crap so budget for some better ones.
Solid build, nice features, not as ergonomic as it might be but I honestly think it's better than the Ipod.
Old 14 July 2004, 12:38 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My son had one (30GB NX) for a few months. He was quite happy with it, though his geek mate uploaded new software etc, not sure what you'd need to do.

Eventually he yanked the headphones out and broke a connection in the socket, so it went back for repair under warranty. Zen didn't have any spare models so sent back a credit note - he added another thirty quid and got himself a 15GB Ipod instead. They're noticeably smaller and lighter, and as far as he is concerned, 15GB is quite enough storage space.
Old 14 July 2004, 01:23 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got one. Well, a 40Gb one. Bought it from Fry's in the States a couple of weeks ago. Can't see why you need 60Gb - you'll never fill it. Any way mine cost the equivalent of £150 in USD. The 40Gb iPod was $499 so I was pleased. The build quality is good, with a nice chunky feel. The only weak point *may* prove to be the little thumb wheel/button thingy you navigate with. But even that feels nice and solid to use.

UB