maxine carr in your town.

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2004, 01:38 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default maxine carr in your town.

hyperthetical question.

how would you feel if maxine carr was placed in your town?

jamo

jamo

I'm afraid all press & ISPs etc etc are under a High Court Injunction for releasing details of maxine carr's whereabouts or details that could lead someone to guess her whereabouts. That includes SN.

Thanks

Last edited by Puff The Magic Wagon!; 10 July 2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10 July 2004, 01:39 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

No
Old 10 July 2004, 01:40 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

oh cmon, pull your head out.

i find it bloody ludicrous.

Last edited by Puff The Magic Wagon!; 10 July 2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10 July 2004, 01:42 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why? She didnt actually have any physical involvement, just provided an alibi
Old 10 July 2004, 01:50 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

rant over.

i just find it wrong

i dont think they thought it through is all.

Last edited by Puff The Magic Wagon!; 10 July 2004 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10 July 2004, 01:52 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

get a grip. if you give an alibi to a bank robber should you be regarded as a possible bank robber?

the only danger this women seems to be possible of being accused of is giving albis to ppl she gets attached too.

as long as she doesnt hook up with another phsyco child killer im sure no harm will come. (thats unlikley by the way.....despite what the Sun might tell you)

T
Old 10 July 2004, 01:53 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Why???
After all she didnt hurt those little girls in any way. She was just taken in by a monster before realising what he had really done. She then came clean about it.

Chip.
Old 10 July 2004, 01:54 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

So where do you suggest that they put her?....bear in mind all she has done is pervert the course of Justice. What is the maximum sentence for that offence?

Not in my back garden everyone crys.

Tell you what, lets get the government to pay reloction costs to Bermuda, paying for all moving, housing and other costs incurred.
Old 10 July 2004, 01:54 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

I have to agree with Scooby96 but also agree with j4mou, it is putting a lot of trust in the justice system i.e did she have further involvement in the murders and get away with it ???? Personally I don't think so.

Just my 2p's worth

Matt

Last edited by Puff The Magic Wagon!; 10 July 2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10 July 2004, 02:02 PM
philc
Scooby Regular

Maxine Carr came across as a rather naive woman - no more, no less.

To make their case the police tried to make out she was another Myra Hindley.

But Myra Hindley she was not. Myra Hindley was pure evil. Hindley acted as decoy to lure young kids into Ian Brady's car and then took part in the later horrific actions perpetrated on those children.

Maxine Carr doesn't come close.

I don't think Maxine Carr realised what she was being asked when providing the alibi - she wasn't even in the area so certainly knew nothing about what had happened.

And rescinded the alibi when she knew what was going on.

So, if she lived nearby - wouldn't worry me.
Old 10 July 2004, 02:05 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

i think its a minefield waiting to be stepped on.

i dont think its fair on those kids parents.

id prefer she be shipped to bermuda.

id put a quid in the pot.

yeah she didnt harm those kids allegedly. but if she wasnt put in a corner at the time, would that monster still be loose? I think he would be.

she may not have killed the kids, but she played a part. thats enough.
Old 10 July 2004, 02:22 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

There are kids in Bermuda too!
Old 10 July 2004, 02:27 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou
i think its a minefield waiting to be stepped on.

i dont think its fair on those kids parents.

id prefer she be shipped to bermuda.

id put a quid in the pot.

yeah she didnt harm those kids allegedly. but if she wasnt put in a corner at the time, would that monster still be loose? I think he would be.

she may not have killed the kids, but she played a part. thats enough.
She played no part in the killing of those girls, she wasn't even in the town at the time it happened. Would you mind if the Chief constable moved in ? Given there were failings in the communications within his force that led to the actual perpetrator getting a job in a school after a previous sexual offence. The rabid tabloid news hounding of her(for want of another target and to make money) is shocking in my opinion, almost as shocking as the great British public following like sheep. The whole situation was a complete disaster for everyone linked to it, 2 lifes lost and countless ruined, including Carr's. All committed by 1 person.
Old 10 July 2004, 02:30 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by camk
The rabid tabloid news hounding of her(for want of another target and to make money) is shocking in my opinion, almost as shocking as the great British public following like sheep. The whole situation was a complete disaster for everyone linked to it, 2 lifes lost and countless ruined, including Carr's. All committed by 1 person.
Totally agree.
Old 10 July 2004, 02:45 PM
p@ul
Scooby Regular

Anyone who can lie through the teeth to cover up for there partners apalling crimes on young girls does not deserve sympathy imho.
I for one would not be happy knowing my kids were in a school next to her!
I have first hand experience of a scrout that married my mums best friend and then mollested her lad (i grew up with him like a cousin) and the church that they both went to took him in after his prison sentence and gave him shelter,food and a job ffs.Not once did they offer her any form of sympathy or counselling this countrys gone bonkers..........
Old 10 July 2004, 02:59 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Maxine Carr has served her sentence (just 2 miles down the road from me oddly enough) for the crime she committed.

That's it.

End of story. She deserves to be left alone and live with what she did. Do you think anything we can do can be worse than living with the knowledge of her own actions?

I was very pleased to read that people remember that she was 'only' guilty of perverting the course of justice, a crime for which she has paid.

Ask youself this question: would it be REALLY newsworthy to print a story about where she is living now? Or would it just be another excuse to sell more papers by kicking up knee-jerk hysteria?

Don't anyone here think I, in any way, condone what she did, what she did was disgusting by any stretch of the imagination - but she has paid.

Leave her alone now.
Old 10 July 2004, 03:03 PM
gyfto1
Scooby Regular

cant actually believe that in the light of the horrific incident that she helped to cover up,that she got off so lightly in the first place
but thats life i suppose
Old 10 July 2004, 03:10 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

My understanding from what was relayed to me on TV and in the papers was as follows:-

Him:- Wasn't me but with my record they will think it was , tell them you were here
Her:- OK

Police check her mobile records and show her she(or her mobile) was elsewhere when she said she was in Town, they give her some evidence it was him and she talks....

Stupid or idiotic yes, evil no....
Old 10 July 2004, 03:17 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

This strikes me as possibly one of the most complex subjects to discuss because it involves tabloid reporting of what a barrister said in court to try and gain a conviction. Plus it also involves someone who was involved, if indirectly perhaps, in a truely awful crime. On top of all this there are politics and spin, my bet is that someone in government could easily be "linked" to some of the oversights that occured and, clearly, they need to redirect press interest.

So, do we really know what the truth is? I really doubt it. All we have is an easy target for the press to pick on, in just the same way as they would hound a fallen rock star for example. As the press no longer have much of a story they have to generate one and to be honest when you read (or listen to) the press today how much of it is actual factual news reporting and how much is idle speculation? In years gone by the BBC radio news used to announce "Today there is no news" if there was nothing to report, at that point the programme would end. Now news is big business and if there isn't any real news then some must be generated. The media might call it "driving the news agenda," I might call it something else.

So, I think the press have some responsibility for public paranoia which they direct and redirect seemingly at random.

Would I want Carr living next to me? No way. I suppose that is the bottom line.

What I do know of is a small, and remote, community where it turned out that child sex offenders were being "dumped." As it turned out some of these people were extremely well known and had been involved in or committed crimes on a par with those of Huntly. This was a small, isolated, community of a few thousand people and I would guess the government decided to dump the offenders there as, to be honest, no one in London would care. In the end these decisions are driven by the political need to keep voters on-side. Had it become known that sex offenders were being dumped in a housing estate in London the tabloids would have been full of it. As it was when many of the dumped offenders were arrested, again, for child sex allegations the only interest the press had was that perhaps the small community was full of inbred people who were abusing their own kids. In truth none of those arrested were local to the community and the community wasn't aware of their backgrounds, they were there so no one in London complained and the government didn't have to deal with a tricky political situation should they be dumping sex offenders near to schools in London, or Birmingham. Maybe the government have decided to try something different this time, ************ might have more than just Carr wandering it's streets and then how long before the tabloids are carrying reports of "23 arrested in **** child sex ring" despite it being only months since the government dumped those people in *********************?

When dealing with government and the press things are rarely as they seem.

Last edited by Puff The Magic Wagon!; 10 July 2004 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10 July 2004, 03:49 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"she may not have killed the kids, but she played a part. thats enough."

are you for real????

what part did she play?

imagine someone you loved and trusted told you they hadnt done something but it may not look like it so could you give an alibi........many people would- she did.

as for the "not in my back yard" view its breed by views like yours....quite frankly i couldnt give a toss if she drove my kids school bus...the only hassle would be the bus being late because narrow minded Sun readers kept attacking it!
Old 10 July 2004, 04:09 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

oh please

She was dumb and provided a false alibi to her partner- until she realised he was guilty, and then came clean straight away.
Convicted of perverting the course of justice- nothing more. She had nothing to do with the killings as proven in a court of law. She has served her time for her crime.

Isnt mob/tabloid justice great

I personally wouldnt give a crap, except for as mentioned above, the attention given by the narrow minded sheep-like mentality of half the population would be a pain in the ***

edit:
ps, no one would give a crap about her around here- 25 cromwell street is in my town....... all a question of scale.

Last edited by Freak; 10 July 2004 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10 July 2004, 04:46 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Folks

I've edited out references to where/whereabouts Carr is living as the High Court Injunction on disclosing those whereabouts is still in force & includes Web Publishers such as ScoobyNet.

Please observe this when continuing this discussion or the thread will be locked/deleted.

Thanks

Puff
Old 10 July 2004, 05:13 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

There are people living in your City/Town/Village that are far, far worse than Maxine Carr. The fact that you dont know about them doesnt mean they arent there.

Just let the poor woman try to get on with what she has left of a life...

Jules
Old 10 July 2004, 05:22 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I wouldn't care if she lived next door, although I might want to vet any future boyfriends.

M
Old 10 July 2004, 06:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Dont see why there is so much interest, they have the culprit, I suspect some 'Well Meaning' Sun readers/council estate vigilantes will probably beat her to death if they find her anyway.
Old 10 July 2004, 07:09 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Maxine carr played a direct role in the difference between them finding the bodies intact and finding them decayed and unrecognisable.
Old 10 July 2004, 07:32 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Maxine carr played a direct role in the difference between them finding the bodies intact and finding them decayed and unrecognisable.
Please correct me on this, but didn't Ian Huntley set fire to the bodies?
Old 10 July 2004, 11:36 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Please correct me on this, but didn't Ian Huntley set fire to the bodies?
Yes.

M
Old 10 July 2004, 11:42 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

I have a 4 year old boy, but I wouldn't worry about him being in danger from her. Huntley might be a different matter however.

She was alomst as much of a victim as everyone else involved in this - she was no less duped by the nutter and has had her life destroyed by it, much like the poor girls parents (but not in the same way, obviously, before any of you Scoobynet PC brigade get on my back with "how can you compare" etc etc - I can SEE you waiting out there! )

The majority of the ill informed sheep-like population of "Great" Britain can't see past the tabloid headline, and she has FAR more to fear than anyone else for her future safety.
Old 11 July 2004, 12:40 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i wouldnt be botherd, she just initialy stood by her man and then relised it was the wrong thing to do in the end

Quick Reply: maxine carr in your town.