Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobile speed camera vans??

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2004, 09:41 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobile speed camera vans??

There was a sneaky speed camera van placed in a lay-by as i was travelling home from work last night. The road was a dual carriageway, but the speed limit only 50mph. A beemer Z4 was in front of me and suddenly braked and indicated to the left lane, i never paid much attention, and im sure i strolled passed about 58-60mph speedo indicated. It wasn't until i strolled passed i noticed it was a copper van. I'm not exactly sure if it was a speed van, it could have been a tax van.

Now i don't know if i were caught, would i have known? Would there have been a double blinding flash?

Now working it out, they at best can only prosecute if doing 56mph and above because of the 10% thing, so hopefully my speedo over reads a couple of mph!!When do you normally get notice of these and how long do they have to issue out your fine before it becomes invalid??

Now, i already have 6 points on my license and the insurance will hammer me if i get any more, if it does come out that they zapped me, can i blame it on the missus? She has already said she would take the blame for it, but only thing is, she's not insured on my car, however she is fully comp on her own car. Does this mean she can legally drive my car?

Need some help with this 1 please!!
Old 10 July 2004, 09:53 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, no flashes. If it was a revenue van then you'll just have to keep your fingers crossed and wait for the letter in the post. It's supposed to be within 14 days but mine (Jan 04) took 8 days to arrive. If it's over 14 you're probably ok unless you have a company car, or it's not registered in your name, the courts allow a little longer for some cases like that...

Not sure what the score is with tax disk vans, i guess if your tax is ok then you don't have to worry about them.