Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

This is outrageous - divorced blokes beware!

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2004, 10:29 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't he sign a Clean Break agreement ? He should have known better ! First thing I made sure of
Old 07 July 2004, 10:34 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

£250 grand a year isn't enough? Greedy b!tch.

At that sort of money I would imagine assassination becomes a very viable option!
Old 07 July 2004, 10:41 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

She had se.x with Ray Palour! the woman deserves every penny!!
Old 07 July 2004, 10:44 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

They argued his £1.2m a year salary should, in principle, be split 50-50 to reflect her input on the marriage.

This was because she rescued him from the drinking culture which existed at Arsenal before Arsene Wenger took over as manager.
nice work if you can get it.
Old 07 July 2004, 12:59 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
£8k for a hitman vs £440,000 a year for ex wife - wonder what he is swaying towards, especially being a Romford geezer (must have a few aquaintances in that neck of the woods)
My thoughts exactly
Old 07 July 2004, 01:06 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

£8k for a hitman vs £440,000 a year for ex wife
Things must be expensive down Kent way B2Z

In Scotland you could pay to get her killed 8 times for that mate
Old 07 July 2004, 01:09 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Clean break agreements arn,t worth the paper there written on.....

It was clean breaks that caused all the fuss with the csa ... basically you need to make sure your partner or wife donsent ever give up work....

even when having kids... the argument is by having kids they lost the income they were used to, and you then have to provide...

ffs kids are a two way thing !!!!!!!!!!!!

bloody divorce lawyers should be !!!!!!!!!!

Mart
Old 07 July 2004, 01:13 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

to be fair she prob quit her job at specsavers to look after the children when they were together.
Old 07 July 2004, 01:18 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

shame she didnt sell him some glasses first

What a hound
Old 07 July 2004, 01:19 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

http://www.nomarriage.com

Should keep you all happy.......
Old 07 July 2004, 01:23 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

At best it's a tedious bore. At worst a living hell with financial ruin thrown in for good measure.

You end up being closely tied to an old woman. Think about that. I can go to Europe or the south seas tomorrow. If I was married I wouldn't have the money and I'd have to ask HER permission. Don't get married unless you are absolutely religiously in love with her. Like carry her sick aged body to the toilet and wipe her *** and be happy to do it kind of love.
<always look on the bright side of life>

Old 07 July 2004, 01:29 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

As men, we all know that a woman's primary objective is to marry. After years of experience I've discovered their most commonly used strategy. here it is:

1. Girl pressures guy for marriage.

2. Guy delays.

3. Girl gradually starts destroying guy's self-esteem and eliminating his friends.

4. Guy becomes too weak and too much of a loser to find something better than what he has.

5. Girl starts to limit sex. In effect controlling the only good thing in the guy's life.

6. Guy is in despair. Capitulates to marriage.

Then 5-10 years later the guy is an empty shell of his former self. Girl is a ruthless manipulating machine. Girl divorces loser husband. Girl takes 80% of guy's stuff because the guy is too brain dead to find a good lawyer. Girl lives happily ever after. Guy becomes bald alcoholic who dies of heart attack at 45 years old.

LMAO!!!!!
Old 07 July 2004, 02:29 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by weapon69
http://www.nomarriage.com

Should keep you all happy.......

now thats a funny site!
Old 07 July 2004, 02:44 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

The money was awarded for her part in keeping him off drink and drugs,therefore contributing to his earning power.Kids had nowt to do with it.

Would it work the other way round though if you helped your ex get over post natal depression and get her back into work?
Old 07 July 2004, 02:45 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

What a bitter site that is.

Serious question though: Is it REALLY true?

Steve.
Old 07 July 2004, 02:47 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

NoMarriage.com

What your future wife will be thinking a few years after you have children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the discussion copied from Internet discussion forum:
Woman 1
My second husband and I were pregnant and happy. He has 3 children from a prior marriage, and all seemed peaceful. His ex wife, upon learning he was having a child with me engaged an attorney and upped the child support to the point where half of his income after taxes is being paid to her.

Now, instead of being able to stay home with my new daughter, I will have to go to work to support her. And if it ever goes bad in my marriage, I will receive very little support.

Think hard before marrying a man with children and a living ex wife.

Woman 2
I belive you will be entitled to your full share if you divorce. He will not have much of a life left though.

Woman 3
Full share? Not in Texas, it's a non alimony state.

Woman 1
You raise a good point; by being forced to work, I will have income which will count against me for alimony. I am in CA, thankfully.

Woman 2
If you are feeling distant from him (emotional neglect) or he is lashing out at you (emotional rape) - do not start going to work. You need to act now to protect whatever benefits you are entitled to later.

Woman 1
He has been very distant and stressed, and I do feel that we are drifting apart. Plus, I do not feel I should have to work due to his past mistakes.

Woman 2
I recommend if possible you make it to the 7-10 year mark before divorcing him - that will yield maximum benefits.

And don't forget, when you do drop the bomb - get a lawyer first and he has to cover the costs.

Woman 1
I did not know this. Thanks for the advice!

Well, I have the child, and I do feel quit neglected. I think maybe now is the time to cash out. Question: he has an inheritance - can I still get a piece of it after the marriage ends?

Woman 2
Yes! You get a piece out of everything dollar that he gets for the next eighteen years - and by then laws will have been changed to possibly raise it to beyond 18.

Woman 3
Don't go to work. The Ex will take you back for an increase based on more household income from your job. Find a job under the table...

The courts standard bull**** line on this is "don't have more kids if you can't support the ones you already have..."

Woman 1
This is what I am thinking. Maybe just cash out now, sell the house at some point, and let him pay until the inheritance hits. In the meantime, I can remarry, after a little "playtime".

I do feel like he promised me happiness and now it is all just sadness and I have to work.

NoMarriage.com manual

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to NoMarriage.com

Sounds typical
Old 07 July 2004, 02:53 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

My problem with marriage isn't a fear of divorce; it is that the whole thing sucks divorce or not.
Amen to that.

UB
Old 07 July 2004, 03:03 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I cannot understand why people are willing to risk so much for "love", a concept that can be defined as a temporary state of emotion, to engage in a legal binding, the tangible benefits of which (for the man) are non existant! Especially in this day and age when the taboo of "living in sin" has all but vanished.

Hopefully my borderline sociopathic tendancies will continue to ensure I am immune from any such folly!
Old 07 July 2004, 03:17 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

LOL @ the second wife thing.

Is it just men on scoobynet that are bitter? Or is this a general thing now?
Old 07 July 2004, 03:30 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

LOL @ the second wife thing.

Is it just men on scoobynet that are bitter? Or is this a general thing now?
A lot of my friends seem to share this feeling. I think we're decent guys with a rational outlook on things, but there's definitely a lack of respect towards women I'd say.

There are a few girls in my circle of friends who are genuinely good people, but there are so many that are self-centred and greedy. It could be said though that that is a general trend among everyone, not just women.

A couple I know were friends with a single girl. One night they were out the single girl was quizzing them about the single guys they knew, and whom she could possibly go out with. The most important thing about the potential boyfriend? He had to be rich!

There are so many stories like this I can't help feeling bitter about it all. That's probably my own problem though, and I acknowledge that.

Also, so many of us 20 or 30 somethings probably grew up in families where there'd been divorce, it doesn't exactly present a positive image for marriage.
Old 07 July 2004, 03:34 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Also, so many of us 20 or 30 somethings probably grew up in families where there'd been divorce, it doesn't exactly present a positive image for marriage.
hmm depends how you look at it....friends my age that have divorced parents seem all the more keen to make their marriages work. But yeh if i suddenly win the lottery i erm won't be getting married, ever.
Old 07 July 2004, 03:36 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

hmm depends how you look at it....friends my age that have divorced parents seem all the more keen to make their marriages work. But yeh if i suddenly win the lottery i erm won't be getting married, ever.
But you will otherwise?
Old 07 July 2004, 03:39 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Butkus
But you will otherwise?
LOL how do i know? Can't predict the future.
Old 07 July 2004, 03:43 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

LOL how do i know? Can't predict the future.
I don't think I will at this rate, but I suppose you never know what's round the corner do you?

Can't help feeling, though, that my friends that have got married are a bit crazy!
Old 07 July 2004, 03:44 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

W69:

Very politically correct answer as the implication from your last answer is that you will only marry B2Z if you are destitute!

Steve.

Quick Reply: This is outrageous - divorced blokes beware!