Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

kids damaging car-legal standpoint

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2004, 08:24 PM
dicky ticker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kids damaging car-legal standpoint

a group of delightful delinquints 12-14yrs have taken to playing footy outside my house.

wouldnt mind but they dont even live in this road.

anyway the ball is obviously hitting the car and they,re lounging all over it. havent dinted it yet but have scratched the otherwise mint paintwork.on top of that there is a tirade of foul abusive language between them which is unpleasant to listen to

i have asked them several times(politely) to move and play somewhere else but they keep coming back.

how do i stop them coming and damaging my pride and joy.

sensible responses please

cheers

colin
Old 05 July 2004, 08:25 PM
foamy
Scooby Regular

Park somewhere else
Old 05 July 2004, 08:32 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Well, depending on what is happening to the law....you may still be able to smack them

Seriously, proof is your best ammo. If you can set up a camera filming your car while they are playing then, if they did damage it, knowing kids today they'll lie through their teeth that they weren't responsible.
Old 05 July 2004, 08:32 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

go out catch the ball and put a knife through it

sorry i dont think im helpin but thats what i did where i used to live! asked politely too many times so i popped the bugger! it sure worked
Old 05 July 2004, 08:38 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Police every time.

Ask to speak to your beat officer, complain they are causing damage and being abusive, make a point of saying their behaviour is anti-social. Ring every night if you need to.

Most police forces have been told to crack down on anti-social behaviour so if they don't take you serious take it further.

Lee
Old 05 July 2004, 08:50 PM
BAH
Scooby Regular

I have the same problem every night, chunk of grass opposite my house. Ball always seams to end up in my garden or on my car, so we got a sign put up by the council which says (Playing of ball game prohibited) they take no notice, so anytime a ball comes on my property they dont get it back. The first time there is any damage then it will be reported to the police as i know were they all live...Its not just my house it happens to there are two others who suffer the same just pisses you off doesnt it.
Old 05 July 2004, 09:06 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

You could always decide that when they play footie is a good time to wash your car with a high pressure hose, and pretend you've got a nervous twitch which causes you to lose control of said hose every so often
Old 05 July 2004, 09:09 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Of course, the annoying thing with all of this is that said kids could potentially come back another time and do something to your property....

They know where you live too

Sometimes being friendly helps too....

A couple of kids got their rugby ball stuck in my tree - I was staring out the window at their attempts to get it down, and when I went out, I think they thought I was going to give them a bollocking. Instead, I got a pole out of the garage and got the ball down for them. They've been nice since.......
Old 06 July 2004, 10:12 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imlach
Of course, the annoying thing with all of this is that said kids could potentially come back another time and do something to your property....

They know where you live too

Sometimes being friendly helps too....

A couple of kids got their rugby ball stuck in my tree - I was staring out the window at their attempts to get it down, and when I went out, I think they thought I was going to give them a bollocking. Instead, I got a pole out of the garage and got the ball down for them. They've been nice since.......
Should have gone out there with a chainsaw and hockey mask....

...and then cut the tree down
Old 06 July 2004, 10:17 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a dodgy 7-yr-old in Leeds with his paws all over my (old) car.

Eventually I made a bargain that if I give him a high-speed ride round the block in it, he leave it alone.

Seemed to work.
Old 06 July 2004, 10:21 AM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Last year my missus was parked outside her mates house in her Polo. She was parked a foot away from the kerb. She said she saw a little ****** riding a bike on the path and trying to pull wheelies The next minute the wheel comes down and he loses it putting a 6 foot scratch down the side of the car, from front to back

She grabbed him and said tell me where you live or its the Police. He told her, they went to the ******* house and the ******* dad said "no worries, send me the bill"

She was really pleased that the ******* dad was okay about it. Maybe if you catch one and threaten him with the Police he might think twice. Personally i would find out where they live and suggest a visit from you and the Police next time they're ar5ing around your car
Old 06 July 2004, 10:28 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

I had a dodgy 7-yr-old in Leeds with his paws all over my (old) car.

Eventually I made a bargain that if I give him a high-speed ride round the block in it, he leave it alone.

Seemed to work.
Round my way you'd prob get classed as a perv for that and his mother would kill you for abducting her wee boy.

She grabbed him and said tell me where you live or its the Police. He told her, they went to the ******* house and the ******* dad said "no worries, send me the bill"
Last person I knew who 'grabbed' a kid had the police round and his parents shouting assault.

I'd go the police route myself, the ******* are quick enough to call em thats for sure.
Old 06 July 2004, 10:43 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

had this problem myself - tried the usual "why don't you play outside your own house" - which was useless.

this worked though - "OI! F**K OFF TO YOUR OWN STREET!"

short - but speaking on their level worked a treat...
Old 06 July 2004, 10:43 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

When we were first married, we lived for about a year in a council flat on a VERY dodgy estate. I had constant trouble with teenagers playing ball against our house wall, and near my car.

One day I was out washing the car and had a group of small children watching me, all scruffy with snotty noses:

One of them asked me "hey, mister, can I have a go at washing it?" I let him, and within 5 minutes just sat back while they did it. It had to have 5 rinses to satisfy them all they'd all had a go:

Funnily enough, the trouble with the older kids stopped that day. They were VERY friendly and polite, and treated me like I was "one of them". (and I don't mean gay!):

Alcazar
Old 06 July 2004, 10:48 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Keep calling the Police and at some point the little blighters will be informed of the Anti-social Behaviour Order system. When they find out what this entails including being named and shamed by the local papers, they should move on.
Old 06 July 2004, 12:35 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

same here
except its not just football
They are pelting round a (blind) corner on bikes on the wrong side of the road, ditto on a motorised scooter thing- one of them went over a car bonnet on said corner a few weeks back- hasnt stopped them.

Thing is, my neighbour has a brand new Brabus ML wagon, and a brand new (as in 2 weeks old after waiting 12 months for it) E55 AMG merc sitting outside his house, about 5 foot from where they play and ride.
They have absolutely no idea how much they are worth and clearly dont give a crap- im sure they will when they smack it and he goes mad.

p.s- police take hours to arrive by which time its dark and/or theyve already gone.
Old 06 July 2004, 02:47 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

Hmm, funny one this, regarding the law.

We had the same problems outside our old house before we moved, the wing on the drivers side is full of dents from stones etc, and the paintwork has scuff marks all over where the little scumbags booted the ball, speak to them nicely, you just get a mouthfull of abuse....Speak to them the same way they do to you, still the same response !!

We actually got a few incidents on CCTV camera, but because of their ages, Police did NOTHING!!! Kids get away with just about everything they do these days Yet I'm sure if it was an adult caught on the camera doing such things to a vehicle and being abusive, there would have been charges of criminal damage and probably something along the lines of threatening abusive behaviour / language !
Old 06 July 2004, 02:59 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Football is one thing - but the little beggars in our area have taken up golf!! They've got a bunch of cheap clubs and a really lousy aim!

Also have probs with the boys on motor scooters - but they've played chicken with me often enough to know they need to get out of my way - especially when I'm in the company car.....
Old 06 July 2004, 04:34 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

had this recently, when i went to see my niece for her birthday, loads of ******* outside near my car (6 feet away), and using a football they were playing a game of spot.

ugly oik no 1 kicks the ball as hard as he can at ugly oik no 2. oik 1 has poor aim ball smashed off the side of a merc parked next to mine.

oik no 2 throws the ball back to oik no 1, having a lil wussy throw the ball did not make it over mine without bouncing off the spoiler........

there was about 6 of these little ****** outside, fair play some were not involved but i erupted. "ANY DAMAGE DONE TO MY CAR YOU LITTLE *******, AND YOU WILL ALL PAY", funnily enough they all bolted after that.

All that was left for me was to shammy the addidas imprint off my spoiler......
Old 06 July 2004, 05:09 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree with telling them to **** off.. or just pull a knife and burst the ball..

'Air rifle' and shoot the ball would work much better around here
Old 06 July 2004, 05:21 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

A woman that lived on the estate we moved from popped some kids ball with a kitchen knife once, because the ball kept hitting her windows, the kids parents called the police to her saying she threatened the kids with a knife !!
Old 06 July 2004, 07:54 PM
DIA 8
Scooby Newbie

Colin i know exactly the problems that you are having as i live just round the corner from you and the very same little horrors are forever playing outside my house too! I walkto and from work past your house every day and they are always up to something or other.Every time the ball comes in our garden(well after the second or third time) i just give it to the dog and she takes great pleasure in popping them she has done several now and they are getting the message!!!!
Old 06 July 2004, 08:06 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Alternatively, have a sprog of your own, force feed him loads of pies and cakes so he's massive, and send him out to deal with them....got to be one of the best reasons to have a kid in the first place!