Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Things to See & Do in Rhodes - Suggestions Please

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2004, 09:29 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Things to See & Do in Rhodes - Suggestions Please

Right here I am in Rhodes (Ixia) and it is bloody hot unlike the food in the hotel (I shall pass my comments to Paris Hilton on our next date).

Need to get out of the hotel as it is driving me crazy. I need suggestions for places of interest and recommendations for car hire as Budget quoted me E45 per day!!

Cheers

TONY
Old 25 June 2004, 09:31 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Get yourself down to faliraki and do a bungee jump on the beach in the aquarias bar, bloody great!!
Old 25 June 2004, 10:18 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See lots of drunken ENG_LAND_ERS, do some dirty tarts from Stoke !
Old 25 June 2004, 10:59 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

There is a cracking waterpark just outside Faliraki & the town of Lindos is well worth a visit especially to one of the rooftop restaurants
Old 25 June 2004, 11:43 PM
Rally
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham during week, Leeds at Weekends and 5ive-o.org at night

For the last 4 times I have been to Rhodes I have paid about E70 for 3 days car hire of a Fiat Seicento, this was with Argyras Travel Centre in Faliraki (0030 22410 85520) and drove at about 120 kmh no problem in it, had it up mountains, down a seasonal road (dry river bed!) and even on beach.

Most of the good spots are well south of Ixia.
Nearest are the spa of Kalithea just north of Faliraki is really beautiful, also just south of Faliraki look for Anthony Quinn Bay (left at top of hill as you leave Faliraki heading south). Have a look at Filerimos which also not that far from Ixia, if you like heights then climg the huge cross on the hill top and walk out onto one of its arms, I cacked myself. lol

I am a fan of Lindos with its Acropolis, white houses and special microclimate even hotter than rest of island (45 in May 2003!). Go there and rent a room for a night (from Dimitris on 0030 22440 31238 or mobile 0030 945 187711), it is a cracking night out. The beach is great, palas beach (think right spelling) is a small beach with a beach bar called Mediteranio right on the beach, say hi to George the owner for me. Visit Antica bar, and any of the approx 50 bars then finish the night in Arches nightclub, say Hi to American Tom, Greg and Dimitris for me there please.

If you have the car then get inland, I did 900 kms in 3 days in 2002!!!
Places to go, Prasanisi right at the bottom of the island where the 2 seas meet, you can drive or walk across the beach to the spit of land that is an island in winter months, really nice fish restaurant at Pilimiri.

You should visit the 2 hotels build by the Italians at Profitis Illias, they were abandoned many years ago, but if like me you find a way in then you will see they left the beds, desks, telephones and bathrooms as they were, very spooky.

Also well worth a visit is Epta Piges, the 7 springs where you can have a nice walk and dive into a fresh spring water pool (this had been drained in May this year for some reason?).

Inland there are many monasteries that require nerves of steel to drive to, with 1000 foot drops at the side of a gravel mountain road, area around Mesanagros.

These are a couple of good sites http://www.rhodos-travel.com/villages.htm and http://www.faliraki-info.com/sights

As you can guess I am a big fan of Rhodes, especially Lindos.
Hope you have a great time there.
Richard

Last edited by Rally; 25 June 2004 at 11:58 PM.
Old 26 June 2004, 02:41 AM
Prince Popeye
BANNED

Last time i went to Falislappi I did two birds from Wigan and t*tty f*cked a welsh trog on the beach. memorable days
Old 26 June 2004, 08:17 AM
icebreaker
Scooby Regular

For starters, don't log-on as this seems a sad and unimaginative way to spend time away on a Greek island when the sun is shining.

Spend an evening mooching round Rhodes (old) town. Snorkel down on the Pefkos beach and watch the sun roll down there before unwinding at a nice taverna.

If the food's poor at the hotel,don't allow it to wreck your holiday; eat out.

Trending Topics

Old 26 June 2004, 08:55 AM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks chaps. Knew I could rely on at least one sensible reply

TONY