Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pay and go mobile query..... ripoff?

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2004, 07:54 PM
sparkykev
Scooby Regular

Location: Ex WRX now a Harley Iron. Warwickshire. Oh what fun...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pay and go mobile query..... ripoff?

My dad hardly uses his mobile, its just for emergencies and holidays etc. Anyway he's away at the mo' and made a couple of off peak calls to family on land lines, he called me tonight complaning that his credit had almost gone, after he only topped up the other day.
He then checked his balance after he called me and found the 16 minute call had cost £6.
He's on an old cellnet tarriff that he's been on for about 5 years, using the same phone (bless him) the tarrif is i think 30p/min peak, 10p/min weekday offpeak, 2p/min weekends. which isn't a bad deal.
So have cellnet/O2 changed his tarrif without telling him, and can they do this? I thought once you'd bought a phone you're more or less stuck with the tarrif you choose at the time.

opinions please....

cheers.
Old 25 June 2004, 07:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a mobile - no monthly charge - on contract - pay per second - dead cheap (Orange Virgin Tariff Match) - costs me about £2:50 a month!! (thats for EVERYTHING!)

Never fails to amaze me how people throw money away - luckily I catch it, thanks all!!

Result!!

Pete
Old 25 June 2004, 08:23 PM
Warwick-hunt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a mobile - no monthly charge - on contract - pay per second - dead cheap (Orange Virgin Tariff Match) - costs me about £2:50 a month!! (thats for EVERYTHING!)

Never fails to amaze me how people throw money away - luckily I catch it, thanks all!!

Result!!

Pete
eeeeeeehhhhh!

anyway, someone i know was in a similar postion with their phone, they only switched it on like you say to make emergency calls and the last time they turned it on and made a call the credit seemed to be hacked away. even though it was a short call, that was o2 as well

my brothers been trying to ring his daughter in spain and his daughters o2 phone kept ringing, he got a text from her saying she only had 3p on the phone now,even though he'd topped it up that day. he phoned o2 and they said all the credit had gone when he was trying to ring her, even though he never got through when he said that he'd never got through o2 just said theres nothing they could do about it