Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shell Pluspoints - have you found them to be utterly incompetent, too?

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2004, 07:56 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shell Pluspoints - have you found them to be utterly incompetent, too?

... or is it just me?

I can cope with the garages not sending your points in - that's not Shell's fault, but the Pluspoints people don't half make a hash of sorting the mistake out.

I've had some missing transactions added as ordinary unleaded (so no Optimax bonus points).

Some they got completely wrong (like the number of litres).

Their system seems incapable of getting the Optimax bonus points right (it missed them off completely in my February statement), and apparently I've got 500 for Mar-May despite using 1400 litres of Optimax (should 1150
points).

I've been trying to get one error fixed and it's taken 4 emails to them so far and they still haven't got it right. I think they must employ total idiots!

Ok, </rant> now, I've got it off my back!
Old 24 June 2004, 09:28 AM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that mate but personally I've never had a problem (bar 1, where it's not showing 2 entries but I sent a letter and email off to them and they put the points on)
Started a year ago and got 2,000 points now..... enough for that ferrari polo shirt
Mind you I only use the same 2 petrol stations over and over if I can, do you visit different stations, the 2 stations that missed my points off both happened to be motorway service stations.
Old 24 June 2004, 11:40 AM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

I wish I'd been so lucky! I'm now on my 6th email trying to fix their latest ****-ups :-(

My circumstances are obviously very different. I've been going about 6 months and I've got about 7000 points. I also use about 4 Shell stations regularly, and a lot of others occasionally.

Oh, well, maybe when I've got all the problems fixed I'll send them a stroppy email asking for some compensation points. That sort of approach has proved successful in the past with other companies