Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2004, 12:45 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i report this???

email to me:

Dear U.S. Bank customer,

We regret to inform you, that we had to lock your U.S. Bank Online Access because we have reasons to believe that your account may have been compromised by outside parties.
In order to protect your sensitive information, we temporarily suspended your account for further investigations. To reactivate your account, click on the link below and confirm your identity by completing the secure form that will appear:

https://www4.usbank.com/internetBank...layConfirmPage

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual login attempts may have been initiated by you.
Take our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thank you
U.S. Bank Internet Banking
Old 08 June 2004, 12:54 AM
foamy
Scooby Regular

I get about five emails per day supposedly from Lloyds, Barclays, Halifax etc. It's clear they are all from spammers trying to gt your info. Try reporting it to the bank i you can find a way of doing so. I gave up after trying to nicely let them know and they were too stupid to understand.
Old 08 June 2004, 02:02 AM
Scumbag
Scooby Regular

Yes,
Report it immediately. I got something similar from e-bay this evening, though it was subtler, as the text didnt mention having to enter any details, and took me to a page that looked identical to an e-bay log-in (but wasnt, as they hadnt been clever enough to hide the fact that the address bar showed an ip address from a server in Norway!)
Soooooo many people must get caught out by this...I've left special instructions with both the old folks never to enter a 'secure' site from an e-mail link

If you have to phone the dopey buggers on the help lines at the banks insist on speaking to a superviser, they will know the seriousness of this, and should deal with it immediately
Old 08 June 2004, 08:10 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

IMO it's not worth reporting. the banks are well aware of all the scam emails going about, sending them another one isn't really going to make any difference.

i'll mail you re beer soon - been a little busy.

Old 08 June 2004, 09:20 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

This kind of thing is called Phishing and is becoming a real pain for loads of large companies.

The trouble is, soon people will stop using on-line banking etc because they'll be too scared about being ripped-off by criminals.