Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Other halves, have a moan

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2004, 09:19 AM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other halves, have a moan

I decided this can be a thread just to have a moan if your other halves have annoyed you over the weekend.

I will start.

He moaned at me because we stayed at my friends longer than we had planned (they had expected us to stay for dinner although we had only gone for lunch). They even cooked him his favourite meal. I don't get to see my friends as often as I would like, so to make the visit longer was nice for me.

Yesterday evening he was reinstalling drivers etc on his pc. For a while he was off the internet, so I asked if I could log on (using my pc). He said no I need to use the internet. He stayed offline for another 30 mins.

As he was busy I said I could go to the local scooby meet. He replied with 'you are not going on your own'.
So I stayed home listening to him shouting and throwing things around his pc and I couldn't get away.
BTW. He is not usually this annoying.

Next.
Old 07 June 2004, 09:25 AM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Sounds possessive to me
Old 07 June 2004, 09:28 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Sounds fairly normal to me!
Old 07 June 2004, 09:28 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I had something planned for Saturday night and then she made me stay for dinner with her friends. You know, those really annoying ones. They cooked me food I like, but just not really the way I like it actually cooked.

Then on Sunday, I was trying to do something really technical on the computer and she kept coming to bother me just as I needed the moments thought to get my computer to work. This could involve quickly downloading something from the internet before the whole thing blows up. But no, every 5 minutes, "Can I use the internet now?". It made something that should have taken 2 minutes take 30.

And then, to top it all, she wanted to go out and meet lots of sex-crazed men with pen1s-extension cars! What is wrong with her!

Oh, hold on ... I must be married to you...

Steve.
Old 07 June 2004, 09:35 AM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

I had something planned for Saturday night and then she made me stay for dinner with her friends. You know, those really annoying ones. They cooked me food I like, but just not really the way I like it actually cooked.

Then on Sunday, I was trying to do something really technical on the computer and she kept coming to bother me just as I needed the moments thought to get my computer to work. This could involve quickly downloading something from the internet before the whole thing blows up. But no, every 5 minutes, "Can I use the internet now?". It made something that should have taken 2 minutes take 30.

And then, to top it all, she wanted to go out and meet lots of sex-crazed men with pen1s-extension cars! What is wrong with her!

Oh, hold on ... I must be married to you...

Steve.
LMAO

Just spend the weekend apart like me and my bloke Do what you want when you want
Old 07 June 2004, 09:59 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Nicci- As much as he sounds the possessive type you sound the submissive type.

You should have gone to the meet and allowed him peace and quiet to get on with his pc.

Sorted on both counts.

Remember before you met him you did what you felt like doing (within reason), so why change now?

This "owning & ordering" mentality drags people down to doing something out of spite in the end anyway.

Is the fact you don't see your friends as much as you would like down to the fact you're not "allowed"?

If so, get a real man.
Old 07 June 2004, 10:10 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Well, its my birthday today and as my misses has been off work for 3 weeks with a sprained ankle she is skint so could only afford to buy me a CD - quite miffed as its not even wrapped! just stuffed in the Tesco bag where she bought it.

I know she bought it yesterday becuase I know she went to Tescos and she only went there becuase she was getting pi55ed with her mates in our back garden and had to buy beer (yeah love, well skint!)

I'd been RC racing all day and had a really early start and felt shattered when I got home and she got annoyed becuase I wasn't in the mood to drink with a load of pi55ed people. Just wanted to relax and watch top gear or summat.

Shes back to work today and had to leave at 7.30am, I asked if she fancied a birthday morning b0nk at about 7.00 and she said she couldn't becuase it would make her late for work - she got up at 7.40 -

Least my daughter gave me a big hug and a card.

Hows that for a moan
Old 07 June 2004, 10:18 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Happy Birthday EddScott, have a good day.
Old 07 June 2004, 10:40 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

heppy burfday

Mrs Peanuts was perfect the entire weekend and couldnt have done more to make my life a joy...

She also has a scoobynet login...
Old 07 June 2004, 11:54 AM
CEL
Scooby Regular

LOL...im so glad i don't have another half

Free to do exactly what i want when i want.
Old 07 June 2004, 11:56 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Yip Happy Birthday ES

Mrs T was actually quite patient with Mr T this weekend - had a VERY heavy Stag do on Friday night which consequently put me in the recovery position until about 8pm Saturday night, when it was time to go back to the pub

11pm Saturday night I was feeling just fine (and so was she...another glass of vino dear )
Old 07 June 2004, 12:27 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CEL
LOL...im so glad i don't have another half

Free to do exactly what i want when i want.
Amen to that!!! Flipping eck it makes life so much easier!
Old 07 June 2004, 01:29 PM
ianc
Scooby Regular

Friday night, cuddled up with her in front of a film, fell asleep with her, didn't even see the film.

Saturday, after early morning bed based exercises, came with me to a friends while we swapped some parts \ took a look at a very "work in progress" lambo replica, she made the same noises \ had the same thoughts that will be great when finished.... then went up to my folks while sorting a PC problem for them. Went to Iceland to grab some essentials and then she cooked and generally entertained my parents for the entire evening.

Sunday, accompanied me to get my haircut, said it looked great and generally made more of a fuss than normal, went home and she did lunch and watched the WRC with me, enjoys motorsport as much as I do and we discussed the pro's n con's of the "super rally" proposals.

We then went out to enjoy the sunshine in the garden, she reminded me I was going to varnish some tables we had bought. I made the kind of face that said "it's too nice \ can't be bother frankly" so she said "shall I do them?" and set to getting them outside and painting them whilst talking to me \ bringing me cold drinks.

She then cooked tea, and we had an early night.....

Love her to bits.......

Ian
Old 07 June 2004, 01:33 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

This guy knows how to party !!

Old 07 June 2004, 01:40 PM
RayC
Scooby Regular

You've got it all wrong, you need to royally p!ss the Mrs off on friday afternoon and then have a guaranteed weekend of silence!

I bought another car without telling her, we had a small, quiet, if not one sided discussion about why i need 5 cars and she stomped off in a huff!

She did chill out by saturday afternoon though!
Old 07 June 2004, 01:42 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

LOL @ RayC

5 Cars How'd you justify that one then?
Old 07 June 2004, 02:11 PM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

Boxst,

I can be a little more sympathetic after reading your post.

I am impressed that there have been some peaceful weekends
Old 07 June 2004, 02:14 PM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

Friday night, cuddled up with her in front of a film, fell asleep with her, didn't even see the film.

Saturday, after early morning bed based exercises, came with me to a friends while we swapped some parts \ took a look at a very "work in progress" lambo replica, she made the same noises \ had the same thoughts that will be great when finished.... then went up to my folks while sorting a PC problem for them. Went to Iceland to grab some essentials and then she cooked and generally entertained my parents for the entire evening.

Sunday, accompanied me to get my haircut, said it looked great and generally made more of a fuss than normal, went home and she did lunch and watched the WRC with me, enjoys motorsport as much as I do and we discussed the pro's n con's of the "super rally" proposals.

We then went out to enjoy the sunshine in the garden, she reminded me I was going to varnish some tables we had bought. I made the kind of face that said "it's too nice \ can't be bother frankly" so she said "shall I do them?" and set to getting them outside and painting them whilst talking to me \ bringing me cold drinks.

She then cooked tea, and we had an early night.....

Love her to bits.......

Ian
Does she have any sisters

Mark
Old 07 June 2004, 02:18 PM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

RayC - so THATS why my man usually gets the hump over something on a Thurs night/Friday!!!!
Old 07 June 2004, 02:24 PM
ianc
Scooby Regular

Davyboy - lol - we did all our partying 7 years ago when we met, we now have 3 daughters and don't need the beer \ late nights, far more fun to have early nights

NWMark - yes, a younger sister, but she is spoken for.

Ian
Old 07 June 2004, 03:14 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Cool

Originally Posted by Spoon
If so, get a real man.
she's already had a real man hello nick
Old 07 June 2004, 03:19 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

No she hasn't, not yet

Thats what she told Clare anyway!

Last edited by davyboy; 07 June 2004 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07 June 2004, 03:35 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

My fella is ALWAYS linked up to his life support system when at home....ooops I mean PC. Gawd knows what will happen when we move house, it will be in our new study away from the rest of the house, maybe we'll meet occasionally in the hallway?
Seriously, we have made a pact that he can use it during the day, whilst we set up our new business , but the evenings are taboo. Woe betide him if he so much as pokes his nose into the no go area after 6pm.
Watch this space !
Old 07 June 2004, 03:43 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

My fella is ALWAYS linked up to his life support system when at home....ooops I mean PC. Gawd knows what will happen when we move house, it will be in our new study away from the rest of the house, maybe we'll meet occasionally in the hallway?
LOL! That sounds soooo familiar
Old 07 June 2004, 04:01 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Mmmm - my misses found there are ways of getting a bloke's attention and stop him from playing on the PC, maybe you should give it a go
Old 07 June 2004, 04:02 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

OllyK:

Yes, switching it off, hiding the mains plug or in extreme circumstances fusing the house ...

Steve.
Old 07 June 2004, 04:02 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

Originally Posted by davyboy
No she hasn't, not yet

Thats what she told Clare anyway!
Prob told Clare that so she wouldn't be interested
Old 07 June 2004, 04:18 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about this, go upstairs to find the missus completely starkers lying on the bed, obviously straight in for the kill like a 'teat seeking missile', 'GERRRRROOFFFFF Ive just put fake tan on'.
Old 07 June 2004, 04:21 PM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

OllyK - there is ALWAYS a way fo getting a blokes attention........ opps rude ........ AGAIN
Old 07 June 2004, 04:24 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little miss fire
OllyK - there is ALWAYS a way fo getting a blokes attention........ opps rude ........ AGAIN
My point exactly little miss fire!!!

Quick Reply: Other halves, have a moan