Discovery Channel, American Hot Rod and American Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2004, 02:23 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery Channel, American Hot Rod and American Chopper

Any one seen this?
It follows a car bodyshop owned by Boyd Coddingeton, one of the top custom guys in the us and Orange county Choppers run by Paul Teutul again another top custom guy in the states.

The Hot rod series follows the body shop building three cars the 1st was a 1956 Chevy two-door, salvaged from a scrap yard. They stripped and built a show winning car in 7 weeks!!!.

Boyd Coddingeton.com

cant wait to see the next two.

The Chopper show follows the Orange County choopper guys building a few bikes they 1st built the jet bike which was inspired after they visted an aircraft carrier, the 2nd bike featured was the black widow WOW!!!!
orange county choppers.com/

they still have a few programmes to go in both series tues night discovery home and lesiure and the discovery channel. Check out the choppers in the Orange county galery.
Old 05 May 2004, 03:08 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Been watching AC for quite a while now. Paul Sr is well funny, as is mikey. It's a great programme and I'd love an OCC bike.

They also did some AOL Broadband ads with the lads from OCC, they were very very funny.

If you think the black widdow and jet bike are cool, watch out for the comanche bike, seriously cool.

The episode where Paul Sr trashes the bumper on his truck is just classic viewing.

AH is ok, but Boyd comes across as a right ******** sometimes, as for the accountant, ie; Boyd's ex wife, jesus, typical battle axe, needs a hot rod dropped on her head!
Old 05 May 2004, 03:49 PM
Mr Gee
Scooby Regular

Both top programmes - Very entertaining .
Old 05 May 2004, 03:50 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

I've seen most of the American Chopper programs and have to say that Paulie is an absolute genius with bikes.
I wish I had his talent!
Old 05 May 2004, 03:58 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

I'd love one of the old calssic chevys and a Paulie Jnr Chopoper. Maybe when I win the lottery.

Another great show was the Great biker Build off, but I missed a few of them, never saw the final one. the bikes created for the show were Fantasic!!
Old 05 May 2004, 04:47 PM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

watched American Hotrod last night, it's responsible for me being rather tired this morning at 6:30 - never mind, it was well worth it. Amazing noise from that car!
Old 05 May 2004, 08:29 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Saw quite a few of the OCC programmes when i was in the US last year. Well worth watching.

John.
Old 05 May 2004, 09:24 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would we do without Discovery and its ilk, superb stuff and the perfect antidote to Soaps and Reality TV, even though I suppose they are both sorts of reality tv. The work that went ino the Hot Rod was astounding, pure craftmanship and art, respect to anyone who does that, especially the amateurs who build something like that in a single garage.

There was also a Discovery programme where two bike builders, one old school and one custom both built a bike from scratch, both were amazing.
Old 05 May 2004, 10:21 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

That 56 was superb, always had a soft spot for a hot rod, their putting together a roadster next.
Great TV, got me thinking about the Sema show 2nd-5th Nov in Las Vegas...........
Allan