Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parcel Force Poor Service I Believe

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2004, 10:01 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Parcel Force Poor Service I Believe

I was expecting an item to be delivered today by parcel force. I worked out my schedule so that I was back at the delivery address by 7 am !

While i was not there they tried to deliver the parcel at 6.45am

Their web site states !

"UK delivery times
Deliveries to UK business and residential addresses are usually made between 7.00am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday (depending on the service you have selected). Deliveries can be made on Saturdays by special arrangement between 7.00am and 12.00pm for an additional fee."

Am I being unreasonable by expecting to pick the item up from them before they close at 7pm tonight ?

They say that I cant collect it or have it redelivered til tomorrow !

To quote

"Sorry we missed you...

We try to make deliveries at a convenient time for you, but sometimes there is no reply.

We will try again at about the same time on the next working day (weekdays only).
After the second attempt, undelivered parcels are kept safe at our depot for three weeks before being returned to sender. This time varies for some international and home shopping parcels."

There only excuse is that they have a backlog & have to deliver outside these to keep their workload under control. HOW ABOUT TAKING ON MORE STAFF !

Last edited by Fulham71; 05 May 2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05 May 2004, 10:09 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

i think they can only narrow it down to a morning or afternoon or sometimes they can only narrow it down to a certain day. if youre in work all the time this week then it could be tricky. thats a bit harsh that you cant collect it
Old 05 May 2004, 10:13 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

No pleasing some people...

They say deliveried are "usually" between 07:00 and 17:30. Fact of the matter is that ALL overnight parcel carriers have to try and make ALL their NEXT DAY deliveries within this timescale and depending on demand on the day, the delivery person for your area may have a very tight schedule to achieve. Starting @ 05:00 might be taking the rise as you would be likely to get more refusals, so 06:30 would be the earliest that people might be expected to be available to collect. 06:45 is acceptable imho.

The reason you are unlikely to be be able to collect or have it redelivered is that your parcel is going to be doing the rounds with all the other parcels until it returns to base later in the day. If they were to drop everything and re-attempt your delivery, that might screw all their routing and timescales up and not unreasonably, why do that for 1 person when by mucking everything up they have 20 further unhappy people.

What you might try and do is see if you can sweet-talk the controller into having the driver drop by at the end of his round as I'm guessing that you must be quite near the depot for to have had such an early shout.

Again, it might also be possible to sweet-talk the depot into letting you collect your parcel direct AFTER the vehicle has returned and the returns/non-delivereds been re-sorted.

I have certainly collected in this way from Parcel Force depots in the past.

Be nice
Old 05 May 2004, 10:17 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

thats what I want to do !
I want to collect it from the depot tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05 May 2004, 10:32 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Not necessarily on topic but related.

I have had several parcels over the years delivered to my address by various delivery companies.

Parcel Farce are the only company to have a 100% record in not being able to find me.

Every other company use drivers that either look or are prepared to ask somebody in the village, Parcel Farce obviously don't.

When ordering anything now I check to see what courier the company use. If it's parcel Farce then I order elsewhere.
Old 05 May 2004, 11:26 AM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

I ordered some stuff off Amazon, to be delivered to home, i think it was supposed to be PF. The expected delivery date came and went, with no parcel. E-mailed Amazon who gave me the tracking no. for the parcel, and said that the company had tried to deliver, but nobody was in and will have left a card saying when they called. Phoned up the delivery people- "oh sorry, the usual driver was off sick, and the others don't know the area. You can come and pick it up from the depot, or we can have it delivered once the driver is back at work"
"when will that be?"
They didn't know, and considering it was only a few days before Christmas and it contained presants, my dad went and picked it up from the depot as he happened to be passing (60 mile rouns trip frommy house). Would have kicked up a big fuss had I payed for delivery and my dad not been able to collect. They hadn't even attempted to deliver the parcel!
Bex
Old 05 May 2004, 11:41 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Ditto with the complaints about Parcel Force. They are the one delivery company that fails to find my mum & dad's house every single time. Every other delivery company manages it, but not Parcel Force.

Even had one occurrence where we waited in ALL day as required for the parcel....nothing. Rang up the vendor and was told that Parcel Force dropped by not once, but TWICE today, with no answer. Odd that, considering there were 6 of us in the house and 4 cars parked on the drive with the doors all open as it was a beautiful day.

On one occasion they claimed that they were unable to get anyone inside the house at a certain time - 2:30pm. My mum had been in the front garden NEXT to the door doing the gardening from noon to about half 4.

They are an absolute joke.

I had a parcel to be delivered by Parcel Force, so I duly took the day off and waited. Waited....waited some more.... I'd requested an hour before courtesy call to make sure that I was there and the delivery cut off was approaching. So at 4 o'clock I rang them to find out what was happening. They rang back and told me that the driver had tried to deliver at 3, but was unable to contact anyone.

Considering I was in the house from 10:30 onwards I find that hard to believe. I explained as such. I was told that he would try to deliver again before 6pm.

Give him his due, he DID deliver the parcel at 5:30, but told me that he thought I was on holiday, so hadn't bothered to come round. WHAT???? Given that there were TWO cars in the driveway and he didn't know myself, my partner or our work habits, I find that a ludicrous excuse.
Old 05 May 2004, 12:05 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I worked out my schedule so that I was back at the delivery address by 7 am !

The drivers do not get told that u don't live there, they assume that u do and u will be there , seeing as it was that early in the morning.

so what time did u actually get there then ?? 06:50, 6:55, or bang on 7am.

FFS they were early for a change, what would have happened IF sh$t had happened and u were delayed, would you expect them to wait around for you ???? No course you wouldn't, as they have other deliveries to make,

and yes i do work within the freight industry. but not for these guy's.

Last edited by Dazza01; 05 May 2004 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05 May 2004, 12:33 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

"told me that he thought I was on holiday"

What a laughable excuse! How on earth can he think you are on holiday
Old 05 May 2004, 12:56 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

You should be just thanking the heavens that they haven't stole it or smashed it to pieces as per their usual service...

That's why they are called parcel farce..
Old 05 May 2004, 09:12 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

At least it wasnt amtrak!!!

still waiting for there head of customer relations to call me regarding there shoddy service and appaling customer attitude....

but 1 month on no call,, so its not hard to see why they dont care about there customers!!!! it obviously comes from the top!!!

mart
Old 05 May 2004, 10:04 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Mart,
PM me details, as AMTRAK move freight through us and i have some contacts which might be able to help, u never know