Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Just when you thought the justice system couldn't get any worse

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2004, 12:56 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Just when you thought the justice system couldn't get any worse

My Boss got caught speeding (on the very Dangerous Dual carriageway with a 40 mph limit nowhere near the the spot in Aberdeen where 2 people have died in a year and I've never seen a "Safety" camera near - but that's another story) and was given a fixed penalty.

She was also recently burgled and had her driving licence stolen. She sent off the cheque to pay the speeding fine with a letter - quoting the crime ref etc - explaining that she couldn't send her licence within the 20 days as some ****** had nicked it (I'm para-phrasing). This morning she received back her cheque - with the un-opened letter with a note saying she was being taken to court.

She rings up to explain the exceptional circumstances - As they hadn't bothered reading the letter - only to be told they don't make exceptions - She's going to Court.

I'll let you know if my boss gets a worse fine than the thieving scum - but I'm not taking any bets
Old 22 April 2004, 02:30 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I shouldn't worry about it too much. I got pulled for speeding a couple of years back, and didn't have my licence because the cops had lost it after endorsing it. Ended up having to go to court, even after explaining to the cop who pulled me, and the court registrar beforehand the reasons why I couldn't produce my licence. Went to court, explained everything, no problem. Just got the fixed penalty and points, court costs were thrown out.

Yes it was a waste of mine and the court's time, not to mention money, but I didn't end up any worse off. In fact, I think the magistrate was unimpressed with the way the police had handled the whole affair, and even apologised to me for wasting my time especially as I had admitted my heinous crime; 42 in a 30.

Having said that, I could have been a ****** driving with no licence, so I can see why this course of action took place.

T