Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Aren't local councils just lovely...

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2004, 06:59 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aren't local councils just lovely...

SO the past couple of years we have had to suffer the endless amounts of speedhumps, and mini roundabouts, traffic calming works etc. and roughly £2000 a roadhump. Not sure how many we have now but it must be in the hundreds. The justification for this to save lives.

So what do I see on the front of the local rag this evening, they are getting rid of a few fire engines to save money.

Now am I the only one who can see how ludicrous this is, surely more lives are saved by the fire engines then these stupid road humps.

Not to mention the fact that our current fire engine times have been reduced by these up turned potholes.

Think I need a drink now as my blood is starting to boil, think I may go to that UK Independance Party meeting tomorrow to see what their policies on road humps are and fireservice funding.
Old 21 April 2004, 07:28 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

I think you need to see the bigger picture matey - speed humps and fire engines, there must be more to forming a political party, however I do congratulate you for giving a ****!
Old 21 April 2004, 08:24 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

I think you need to see the bigger picture matey - speed humps and fire engines, there must be more to forming a political party, however I do congratulate you for giving a ****!
Yes I do see your point. But the way I see politics (In my opinion anyway) is that you vote the government in to address the larger issues, and you vote for a party which will act on the little things which get your back up for the local elections. If that means voting to seperate partys when I reach the age required to vote I will do that.

However I do accept, with the little life experience I have had, my ideas may well be incorrect.