Question for the gym kids

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2004, 09:55 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the gym kids

Evening everyone,

Need a bit of advice from the scoobynet gym enthusiasts!

I have just started a new job and one of the benefits is a very well kitted out gym on-site which i have started hitting 3 or 4 times a week before work for the past few weeks.

I was suprised how quickly my arms and shoulders started to bulk up but one thing i have noticed myself doing on most of the "two handed" exercises (which is a lot of them) is favouring my right arm when pulling or pushing. Its something i know I am doing but cant seem to avoid it and im worried that my right side is going to look very different to my left in comparision!

This might sound really wierd but just looking to see if anyone can suggest anything!

Oh and no w@nking jokes guys
Old 06 April 2004, 10:46 PM
Turbo Dave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djuk
Evening everyone,

Need a bit of advice from the scoobynet gym enthusiasts!

I have just started a new job and one of the benefits is a very well kitted out gym on-site which i have started hitting 3 or 4 times a week before work for the past few weeks.

I was suprised how quickly my arms and shoulders started to bulk up but one thing i have noticed myself doing on most of the "two handed" exercises (which is a lot of them) is favouring my right arm when pulling or pushing. Its something i know I am doing but cant seem to avoid it and im worried that my right side is going to look very different to my left in comparision!

This might sound really wierd but just looking to see if anyone can suggest anything!

Oh and no w@nking jokes guys
Best thing to do is to use dumbells if you have them.
Thats not unusual though even the pro bodybuilders have their stronger arm slightly bigger
Old 06 April 2004, 11:10 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Yep, free weights will help even this out. You will always have a stronger arm but you can close the gap with free weights.

Machines are ok but condition your muscles to take the easiet route - free weights make your support muscles work too, instead of being guided.

Free weights are much harder to master, but stick with them and you'll notice a bigger, quicker improvement.

I said 'free weights' quite a few times there, didn't I?!
Old 06 April 2004, 11:48 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

one sides always stronger.....you will never notice a visual difference though.
Old 07 April 2004, 12:19 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

also alot of people think that one arm is bigger than the other that is not the case.the reason being if you right handed youve used yoour right arm alot more so in turn your muscles will be used to contracting and tensing alot more which in turn gives the appearence that that arm is smaller but it isnt its just contracted alot more.its just the same for a person who is lefthanded hope that helps
Old 07 April 2004, 01:25 PM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

my right arm/leg/shoulder etc is stronger but there is deffo more defantion in my left shoulder.