Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone had problems with mytyres.co.uk?

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2004, 02:08 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anyone had problems with mytyres.co.uk?

I bought two 16" toyo's for my car at the end of last year and they delivered fine.

Now this time, I've placed exactly the same order on Sunday. By Wednesday I didn't have a delivery date but not to worry as "they're in stock and you'll be receiving a delivery date in a day or two".

Just phoned them again after I've still not received a delivery date and am told that they're out of stock now that they've come to 'process the order' and they don't know when they'll get them to me. OK, so they maybe a little cheaper than a high street shop, but I don't order tyres for the fun of it. I've ordered them because I need them. It's criminal that they've taken nearly a week even to process the order. When an order is received I'd say it's normal practice to put that item aside in the warehouse. And they haven't even bothered to keep me informed of the process.

Can anyone recommend anywhere else to get 205/45 16's Toyo Proxes T1S's? I need a good prompt delivery as I don't trust my current tyres anymore.

Thanks,

Simon.
Old 19 March 2004, 02:17 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Had a similar thing with them, didn't hear from them for two weeks after the order, then got told the tyres I wanted, also Toyo's but in a different size where out of stock. So decided to buy Goodyears of them instead for a bit more money, then negotiated a discount for the trouble caused. They then charged my card for the full amount, and in the end i could have bought the tyres for the same price as the local garage once I paid the have them fitted.

Needless to say I'm not going back to them, I just use them for price comparisons now, and buy locally for much the same price, and a lot less hassle......
Old 19 March 2004, 02:19 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Yep had major probs with them, ordered some Toyo's that were meant to be instock. Ended up taking delivery of them 5 weeks later. Reason given for the delay... "the courier company couldn't find my office"

Won't use them again.
Old 19 March 2004, 02:28 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Whereas I have not had a problem with them for my Goodyears

Prehaps its only with Toyos?
Old 19 March 2004, 02:30 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

www.micheldever.co.uk. Always used these for my tyres and ordered 4 205/40/16s for them for Steve's Legacy. Ordered on Tuesday and delivered on Thursday. Always had excellent service and not bad prices, either.
Old 19 March 2004, 03:07 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

LOL. Just logged into my e-mail and surprise surpise I've got this, after ranting down the phone at them.

The sum of GBP 132.20
will be debited to your credit card.(Visa)
Planned date of delivery: 26.03.2004
Nearly two weeks to deliver two tyres. Deeply unimpressive. Next time I'll pay a little more from a different supplier and get them quicker. I'd rather not chance my arm next time! It's not like I'm ordering a bodykit or something where I don't care if I don't get them in a couple of days!

Thanks for the recommendation Mice.

Simon.
Old 19 March 2004, 03:09 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

www.blackcircles.com