Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Holly and Jessica

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2004, 10:31 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holly and Jessica

Ive just watch the program about what Ian Huntley did to those two girls, and there familys
And I have to say Ive never watch such a sad program in all my life.

The strength that the family have is unbelivable, the story from the other side.......

Im going to bed feeling such sadness..............

Last edited by Wish; 11 March 2004 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11 March 2004, 10:35 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

hmm, was there any more news about his 'accident' that he had inside? hopefully he's being buggered by some nasty chappy, still too good for him though, deserves lifelong agonising pain, putting him to death would be an act of kindness in my eyes.
Old 12 March 2004, 07:15 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

I watched some of this and I must say those families have my utmost regard. They are remarkable people indeed. What it must have been like for them is impossible for us to appreciate.
STEVE......................
Old 12 March 2004, 07:37 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Angry

Up most respect goes out to both families, but I think Mr&Mrs Wells were superb, I don't think I could be that calm as Kevin Wells was, what a shame he didn't find Huntly when he went out with his baseball bat, I hope Mr Wells does live until he is ninety so he can look that scum bag in the face, but on the other hand I want someone to give Huntley the biggest kick in he has ever had and I want Huntly to suffer a very slow and painful death.
Rest in Peace Holly and Jessica.
Cheers
Colin
Old 12 March 2004, 08:02 AM
323roy
Scooby Regular

Must admit it was the sadest programme i have ever seen. Our hearts really go out to the familys. I honestly hope that some one gets to huntly and makes him live out the rest of his sorry life in pain!.
Old 12 March 2004, 10:01 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

:

Very sad, but let's not forget all the other kids who have disappeared/been murdered.

There's at least one kid still up on Saddleworth Moor, Keith Bennett, how does HIS mum feel now, 40-odd years on?

And the monster who did Milly Dowler? The cops are no nearer finding him, are they?

Alcazar
Old 12 March 2004, 10:15 AM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Is the programme repeated?
Old 12 March 2004, 10:20 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

me a mate and my missis watched some of this, I had to leave the room it was making me feel physicaly sick. we ended up going out for a drive to take our minds of it.

I wouldnt like to think about what I could/would do to that horrible little man should I ever come face to face with him.

jamo
Old 12 March 2004, 10:47 AM
BeverleyJM
Scooby Regular

I saw it too, a truly remarkable programme, and hats off to the ITV for not showing adverts during it.
Kevin Wells came across as a very thoughtful, poised man, and it must have taken alot of courage to record that. As the mother of a daughter around the same age, it was very emotional to watch.
Old 12 March 2004, 04:37 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Its a very terrible thing to have to go through. And they have my sympathy.

BUT
[Devils Advocate]

Id have more respect for the families concerned if they DID'NT appear on crappy half arsed TV documentarys. The public eye is not the place to get therapy for this kind of trauma.

Why did anybody want to watch it? Clearly its upset a number of people, on here and no elsewhere in the country. Its not like the vast majority of people who watched knew the family personally. Bit goulish I always think!

You reckon they did this programme for free? Or did money change hands?
Old 12 March 2004, 05:03 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

I disagree rr_ww. Only Holly Wells family took part in the documentary btw and i think by doing this ONE documentary, alot of people have had their curiousity/questions answered and perhaps now they will leave the families alone.

I thought it was very good-if very sad and thought provoking. Even if it makes you want to strangle the people who dealt with Huntley at Humberside Police
Old 12 March 2004, 06:57 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

One thing from the program i learnt was that i didnt realise how 'In the Dark' the Wells family were kept.

Also the medium they went to see after only 2 days missing, and what he got right..... That has opened my eyes.
Old 12 March 2004, 07:13 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rr_ww
IId have more respect for the families concerned if they DID'NT appear on crappy half arsed TV documentarys. The public eye is not the place to get therapy for this kind of trauma.
With respect, unless you have experienced what they have, then who are you to judge what they should & shouldn't do?
I think "crappy half arsed" is perhaps a disappointing choice of phrase. I didn't see the whole programme, but the bits I did see seemed perfectly well executed.

Originally Posted by rr_ww
You reckon they did this programme for free? Or did money change hands?
....and what relevance is that to any point you are trying to make?
Old 13 March 2004, 01:25 AM
787b
Scooby Regular

The hang 'em high brigade are unusually quiet on the subject of Huntley. A quick and humane death is clearly just too good for him.

How would supporters of the death penalty justify it in his case?
Old 13 March 2004, 01:29 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i see rr ww's point...its an odd subject for a tv show...there are plenty of worse/as bad things going on in the world every day and always will do....not sure how picking a case for massive publicity and then dragging it on in this style helps/achives anything?
Old 13 March 2004, 03:30 AM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

Maybe it gave the family some closure..........

I cant think of much worse things that happen...........

In an attack on a lot of people with a bomb......it is no where near as personal or upsetting as this type of incident which was completely aimed at young children.

There are a lot of disturbing incidents which occur daily, but not so many which are purely sick.

This was to satisfy some weirdo's fantasy, not to rid the world of evil as is the belief of the bomber.........

That makes it sicker and harder to deal with......

I have every sympathy for the family and any way which they choose to deal with it.