Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parking Dispute

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2004, 03:59 PM
Rab
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Dispute

Looking for advice on the following, Went to drop off a card at a sick friends home. Parked on opposite side of the road from her house and knocked on door. At this point the guy from across the road hollered " You are parked outside my house you better move that car, I have 3 cars comming back in 5 minutes" I looked at him and the empty street said yeah whatever and posted my card. I went back to the car to get in and he came over - trying to emphasise his point! I pointed out to him that as far as i was concerned i was taxed and insured and i would park on whatever side of the street i wanted. This did not go down well and both the car and i were threatened with nastiness. He claimed that since it was a private housing estate and a private road, i was in the wrong and he could what he liked to the car as it was on private property. I left at that point. Just a bit worried about going back in the future

Last edited by Rab; 09 March 2004 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09 March 2004, 04:02 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Next time you are there, remind him that although he knows which car is yours, you know which house is his!
Old 09 March 2004, 04:06 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

The first point to check is the "Private Road" part, i.e. are the people of the development responsible for the up-keep of the road or the council. If it is the council you can tell him to go and take a hike.

If it really is private, then the road part of it is equally owned by all the parties and so if you have the permission to be there by somebody that lives there then you shouldn't have a problem as long as you are not blocking access etc.

Small point, why didn't you park outside the place you were delivering to?

Sounds to me like he is a juniour Hitler and doesn't like people parking in front of his house. Have to say I am not keen when people do it to me, but I only pass comment when they mount the kerb and park on my front lawn.

Somebody very kindly parked on my drive once, I just parked the car behind theirs blocking them in and buggered off down the pub for the night. Came back rolling drunk with them standing there asking me to move the car, told them they would have to wait till the next day as I would be over the limit and so couldn't move mine on the to the road, oddly enough, they have never parked there again!
Old 09 March 2004, 04:09 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Angry

Give him a feckin slap the cheeky ****!!
dave
Old 09 March 2004, 04:10 PM
yoza
BANNED

Where was it?

Remind the ******, you know where he lives, and he doesnt know you from Adam.

You already have the upper hand.

If its local, a nice convoy down to his house should do the trick, baggsie me parking outside his house!
Old 09 March 2004, 04:10 PM
Rab
Scooby Regular

Just off the phone to friend. As she understands it the road was adopted by the council late 2001. This is not the first time it has happened either.
Old 09 March 2004, 04:17 PM
yoza
BANNED

Its the attitude thats wrong.

Why not just say, 'hey mate will you be long, only Ive got someone visiting soon.'

Or better still say **** all until you need the space.

Does my head in this subject.

Trending Topics

Old 09 March 2004, 04:19 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Anyone got a spare 28 wheeler they can park up outside?

People like that are really loathsome, they are the sort who take the largest table in the pub for themselves, then spread their possessions around all the chairs, even when they have no mates!
Old 09 March 2004, 04:35 PM
yoza
BANNED

They are the sort of people whos friends say......

Feckin hell mate no need for that, help, someone help, get him off him, aghhh, phone an ambulance, screem, screem....gergle gurgle.