Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Because I sit behind a desk all day...

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2004, 05:37 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Because I sit behind a desk all day...

I'm not working hard!

So I have just been told by my Gran.

I am having a lazy day today, sitting around in my jimjams drinking tea, eating scones etc. Been working all week, work late most nights until 8 or 9 and thought I deserved to slouch.

Just been called a lazy cow by my Gran (who, by the way, retired early and does nothing all day everyday) because of my day off. I explained I had been working all week and couldn't be bothered doing anything. She turned round and said:

You sit behind a bloody desk all day, if you done the type of work we done, proper work, then you'd be entitled to sit on your **** all day!

ARGH

And pensioners wonder why some young folk have no time for them, maybe it's to do with the fact that they are soooo much better than us!

Last edited by eClaire; 06 March 2004 at 05:39 PM. Reason: My typing is appaling when i am miffed.
Old 06 March 2004, 05:38 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

I agree with your Gran.

Tsk - the youth of today
Old 06 March 2004, 05:40 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Just cos you've been out pretending to be a lumber jack doesn't mean we all want to spend our weekends like that!
Old 06 March 2004, 05:48 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

There's a bloke down our local pub that owns a local plant hire business (thats diggers and stuff, not aspidistras). He told me and my mates that none of us had ever done a hard days work in our life. At the time I was a hydraulic fitter and my mates were an electrician and joiner. All hard physical jobs, although admittedly not as hard as digging out a canal or mining coal by hand

I've done hard physical work (don't like it much) and sat on my **** behind a desk. I find sitting behind a desk more tiring.
Old 06 March 2004, 05:51 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

There's hard PHYSICAL work and hard MENTAL work. Your gran sounds like she hasn't done a hard days mental work in her life.
Old 06 March 2004, 06:29 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Wink

I always though HARD work was for the people not quite intelligent enough to realise that money is easy to come by, by using you mind, not your body (street walkers included).

These are the same people that seem to struggle to get a job, while the more intelligent breeze from employer to employer as suits and are frowned upon as they rise to the upper etchelons of society. e.g "Who does he think he is - I knew him when he had nothing".
Old 06 March 2004, 08:28 PM
ChrisB

My days behind my desk are very mentally demanding. My brain is going non-stop thinking up new ways to wind up our Help Desk Manager
Old 06 March 2004, 08:36 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

lol @ Chris. Thankfully I'm the manager and there's no-one to wind me up, well, apart from the nixster

Days here cna be very very mentally taxing, and that kind of thing you can't see. Gone are the days when lots of people had to do hard manual labour, most of it is now mechanised and so far easier back in our parents and grandparents day. My grandfather worked like a mad man when he was my age, and for that I do respect him, but he had respect for me and what I do.
Old 06 March 2004, 10:54 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I sit behind a desk all day and do pretty much **** all