Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ideas for 18th please....

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2004, 05:01 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ideas for 18th please....

My gal is 18 in April and we'd like to do something a bit different than the usual "off to a club with yer mates night". She has about six best friends and I wondered if there was some sort of package I could arrange like a night in Paris (Eurostar then meal, hotel and home next day) or something for her and her pals. I could manage say £500 max which may make Paris out of the running so all ideas invited. Note they will be going on their own do no dodgy stag-night-type places please e.g. back streets of Amsterdam TIA. David
Old 29 February 2004, 02:33 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Talking Would you like a new daughter?

Wow David .... I wish you were my Dad. I think thats a lovley idea.
Your daughter is very lucky.

I'm trying to think of a few ideas for you.

I just put in a search on easyjet and Eurostar out of interest.
I put the 15th April in as a guess date and there are flights for £2.99 to Paris!!!!!!!!
These are from Luton as I don't know where you live.
There are cheap return flights aswell but I put a late time to give more time in Paris.
I can't beleive how cheap it is!!!!

Thursday 15 April
Flight 2551
departs London Luton at 05:45, arrives Paris Charles de Gaulle at 07:55
flexible web fare 2.99 GBP (phone fare 7.99 GBP)

RETURN
Friday 16 April
Flight 2562
departs Paris Charles de Gaulle at 22:15, arrives London Luton at 22:30
flexible web fare 31.22 GBP (phone fare 36.22 GBP)

total cost of your selection
The total cost of your selection is calculated as follows:

OUTBOUND
airfare per adult/child 2.99 GBP
plus taxes and charges per adult/child 11.00 GBP
total per adult/child 13.99 GBP

RETURN
airfare per adult/child 31.22 GBP
plus taxes and charges per adult/child 9.50 GBP
total per adult/child 40.72 GBP

GRAND TOTAL
total for 7 adults 382.97 GBP

The only thing is once they get to Paris they are going to have to sort out getting the Rossy bus or a taxi to get into Paris more money please Dad!!!
I managed it at her age but my sister is 20 and can't even get to Tesco's on her own. I'm sure your daughter will be fine if you are thinking of sending them on thier own adventure!
I just hope your daughters friends are as mature though or your daughter will be spenidng most of her treat navigating 6mates around Paris!

The Eurostar for the same date was more expensive......

London Waterloo Int - Paris Nord 7 passenger(s) 276.50 GBP
Outward journey 15/04/2004
Departure time 06:34
Arrival time 10:23

Paris Nord - London Waterloo Int 7 passenger(s) 276.50 GBP
Return journey 16/04/2004
Departure time 21:13
Arrival time 22:57

What about something closer to home?
Does your daughter have any interests or hobbies? I know when I was that age I was really into theatre and drama. Maybe you could create a special day for her and her friends. What about a day at a health spa? or one of those star for a day experiences? Would she love the whole limo thing?

I hope some of this is helping!!
I wish I was being treated to a night away by my dad! I've never even had a birthday card never mind a prezzie!
Never mind I'll have my own baby to spoil soon! (9weeks to go!)

Cath
Mrs.Scoobypreza
Old 29 February 2004, 02:42 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Default Tall Stories

hhhmmm I'm still thinking for you!!
We went on a Tall Stories Adventure holiday once.
Don't know if anyone else on here has heard of them.
Totally fantastic experience. They are action holidays with different sports included in the price. There are cheaper holidays to be had I know but the Tall Stories people were great and they organised everything. We did the Mountain Madness option but there are a few others. I fancy the one with scuba diving one day. You can have a weekend package or a week.
Maybe your daughter might like to go with one specail friend rather than all her mates.
She'll have a once in a lifetime 18th that way for not much more than sending 7 of them to Paris for a night.

This is the website
Old 29 February 2004, 09:14 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Hi Cath, What a help you are and yes if Mr Scoobypreza starts playing up I may take you up on your offer
But hey £2.99 to Paris gets you thinking - cheaper than her daily school bus ticket! BTW it's 12 April so you were pretty close and we are in Sussex so Gatwick is the default.
We did think about just her and her best friend but I think we would like to involve her gang as they really are a smashing bunch. The ideal would be something like this. I tell them to meet at location A where they are all whisked off to a location, say there might be a group that organises "I'm a celeb get me out of here" parties for a night with a Peter Andre look alike dropping in and participants having to do some fairly mild (non bug eating) challenges (all kept on film of course)!!!
I know I'm going to think off something but at my age it takes time. Still keen on the Paris idea but need to fix something up at the Paris end e.g. collected and taken to hotel or whatever. Thanks again xx David
PS. Good luck with 9 weeks to go - nice time to have a nipper. Make the most of it as time rushes past.