Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Greater Manchester Police football club...

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2004, 07:42 PM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Greater Manchester Police football club...

Nothing like a good kickabout?
http://www.channel4.co.uk/news/2004/...20_police.html
No doubt all of the officers colleagues assisting in the arrest reported their colleagues excessive use of force and using CS spray from about 2" from the guys face.

Just how many kicks can you count after the cuffs are on! Just a few bad apples, yea right!
Old 20 February 2004, 11:05 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Angry

Absolutely disgraceful, should be sacked on the spot as far as I'm concerned. There is no excuse for that kind of thing in the police force.
Old 21 February 2004, 12:16 AM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

I'll be suprised if the video footage dos'nt get lost
Old 21 February 2004, 12:19 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Did you know this guy had been arrested 14 times previously for stealing cars and had got less than 100 hours community service in total?
Old 21 February 2004, 12:21 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Double edged sword AFAIC - you'd be the same guys who'd be ready to dish out the same and worse if the person in the video had been vandalising your scooby instead of a bus shelter?

Perhaps next time you read a post about someone vandalising a car and think to yourself - "Hell, yeah - I'd boot that guy right in the knackers!" you can reflect upon this incident too?
Old 21 February 2004, 12:22 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

He's still a human being who deserves treating the same as everone else.
Old 21 February 2004, 12:23 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

FP - Tell me that after he gets out and steals your car
Old 21 February 2004, 12:26 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Mine's fooked. He can have it if he can fix the head gasket
Old 21 February 2004, 12:29 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

He probably carries a spare one 'just in case'
Old 21 February 2004, 12:29 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Doubt he's bother with the head gasket - too busy vandalising your car and pi55ing in the flowerbeds...
Old 21 February 2004, 12:34 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Hey hang on - He was a soldier in Northern Ireland - Surely he can understand the concept of summary justice
Old 21 February 2004, 12:34 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Him and his mates probably invented the idea
Old 21 February 2004, 12:35 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

But as an ex-soldier why would he vandalise cars?

How old is this idiot?
Old 21 February 2004, 12:44 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

cos he was used to doing it in West Belfast as part of the job spec
Old 21 February 2004, 12:46 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Well I spent 4 years in Belfast with the HM Forces and never met this type of person.

You learn to stay alive there - not do cars in. Fact.
Old 21 February 2004, 01:04 AM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
He's still a human being who deserves treating the same as everone else.
No he doesn't, who cares what happened to this scumbag. If he didn't deserve what he got on that day, then I'm sure that he deserves it for the misery that he subjected people to when he nicked those cars. Jesus....do-gooders in this country........
Old 21 February 2004, 01:08 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

LOL

I'm no do gooder but I have a sense of justice.

Getting knocked the **** out of by the police is illegal here........
Old 21 February 2004, 01:26 AM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

A bit of irony in that he has the same surname as Rodney King.

If you go down towards the end of this page it looks as if Mr King has made several complaints about the treatment he has received in the past from the Manchester force and this is the sort of recompence he can expect!

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ne...ory=81832.html
'King says the previous complaints related to one allegation of an officer assaulting him and another incident, in which he claims he lost his job with a cable company after being arrested. He says he still has not heard from the PCA.'

So just remember everyone that if you complain to much you can expect a kicking as compensation for harassment.
View the whole video herehttp://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/video/popup/94.html

Fastbloke what is your source for the claim that he vandalised 14 cars and did 100 hrs of community service as I can not see this mentioned by Channel4 or The MEN?
Old 21 February 2004, 01:55 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

The problem for the copper is that it WAS pre-meditated. The video shows him refraining from kicking as members of the public went past, then resuming his kicking. This shows he KNOWS he was doing something wrong, and given he is in his professional capacity as a cop, cannot just go around dishing the dirt, no matter how angry they feel against this chap.

Legally, every person in the UK has rights even when arrested, so if the cop is caught in the act, 'fraid he has to take the $hit. Obviously this kind of behaviour no doubt goes on in the force, but I'm sure we don't see the half of it.
Old 21 February 2004, 08:09 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

STi VII - I just made it up to see of people still had the same amount of sympathy - It appear not
Old 21 February 2004, 09:22 AM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I intervened in a situation similar to that about 20 years ago and the other guy who came across to see if the "victim" was OK got arrested? I had to go to court in his defence and he got off, if I ever witness anything similar to the footage on the news I would do it again, there is absolutely NO excuse for treating anyone in that manner, CS from inches away, multiple life threatening kicks to the head and then the gut wrenching impact of his head on the top of the back door of the van, everyone party to that mindless exhibition of violence should be sacked - no if's or buts, Puts the image of todays police "service" back years in my opinion, interested to hear the views of the many serving cops on here on this one,

Edit; The guy was handcuffed and restrained when the assault happened, hardly a big threat then is he?

Last edited by jaf01uk; 21 February 2004 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Edit to answer a point made by B2Zero while I was writing
Old 21 February 2004, 09:43 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

This is how the police force of "old" used to operate. Catch someone, give 'em a hiding and let 'em go. Clip round the earhole/slap probably did more good in reducing crime than the kid-gloves approach now. I imagine a lot of today's weasly criminals would think twice about committing a crime again if they thought they'd receive some pain.

The policeman who did this was stupid - he got caught on CCTV.

Not condoning what he did at all, quite the reverse, but it is a reflection on today's society in general. Too much do-gooding, PC ness, positive rights cr@p that the majority of the population are forced to accept which by association allows the "yob" culture to thrive.

I could go on, but I won't.
Old 21 February 2004, 10:17 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Bravo 2 zero its tough being a white male in England isn't it all that racism you have to suffer, being denied job opportunities because of the colour of your skin, police harrassment, people not wanting you to go out with their daughters becuase you are white. I suggest you start a help group for all those other white males like yourself who are so oppressed in this country you could call it Total Whites Against Totalitarian minority rule or **** for short.
Its good to see people supporting police brutality I hope you would feel the same if a policeman beat you up dragged you to the floor then kicked you in the nuts for protesting a speeding ticket you know you deserved anyway.
Old 21 February 2004, 10:19 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I thought its already been established that there was no racial motive in this incident?
Old 21 February 2004, 10:51 AM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

Burr can we take it from your statement, that this is because the kicking King received was from the officer that he had made a complaint about in the past? What would you of done in this case Burr, would you of said nothing back at the station to who ever could of taken appropriate action or would it of involved a few 'I was not looking in that direction, didn't see anything' statements as looks to of taken place in this case as it took King appearing in court for any action to be instigated against the officer involved. While the others that did nothing to stop the attack carry on as if nothing happened. From this behaviour I presume we can take it that this is a 'normal' 'everyday' occurrence which is why none of his colleagues did a thing to stop this brutality from taking place.

I don't think anyone is saying that the use of force was not needed to get the cuffs on him, as he had resisted arrest. Saying that would anyone go easily if they had been subjected to having CS gas sprayed 2" from their face?
This officer repeatedly pulled back on kicks when people walked past and when someone tried to intervene it looks as if he threatened them, as they then backed off.

FB LOL, I thought you was on a fishing trip
Old 21 February 2004, 11:04 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Luan,
Read again what B2Z says.

He hasn't made racist comments. He merely points out that the guy deserved what he got due to his behaviour whilst resisting arrest. As he states, if he hadnt commited a crime in the first place he wouldnt have been in this position. Watch the news coverage carefully and youll see him take a swipe at the cops. Or has this bit been edited out now.

I dont normally have any time for the police these days but on this occasion I can see their justification for their actions. This guy was well known to the police so I am sure they knew what he would be like on arrest. That is why I think they were justifiably heavy handed.

People are assualted by the police everyday in the UK. I just wonder if the news tweams would take the same stance if the "victim" was white.

Chip
Old 21 February 2004, 11:46 AM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

Bravo the point is that he received a kicking after the cuffs where on him and whilest the other officers held him down! There is more to this story than just a suspect being treated badly, you only have to look at the previous complaints he has made and the lack of action taken.

Quick Reply: Greater Manchester Police football club...