Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bloody car selling companies!

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2004, 01:54 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bloody car selling companies!

I specifically put on the advert 'no companies or agencies' and yet they still call up

The convo with the last guy went like this:

Him "Is that the person sellign the subaru?"

Me "Yes it is"

Him "I'm calling from cardata (or similar) where we match car sellers to buyers and....."

Me (interupting) "sorry to interupt mate but I put no agencies or companies on my advert as I'm not really interested in this sort of thing thanks"

Him (in very sarcastic tone) "What you're not interested in selling your car!"

Him "Fine then sir bye" (in grumpy tone and hangs up)

The call ends and I feel like I've done something wrong!!! WTF is that all about??? Can't they just read what I said on the ad and show some respect??
Old 17 February 2004, 01:59 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Angry

At least you haven't had many a timewaster arranging to come and see your car on Saturday or whatever, then not bothering to show or even worse when you arrange to meet them half way to save them some travelling and they don't bother to show.... and they ignore your calls to their mobile just for good measure ....

Oh..... and as I forgot to mention this was a pretty common occurence and unfortunately they were all supposed scoobynetters as the car was only advertised on here at that point

Good luck with the sale anyway mate
Old 17 February 2004, 01:59 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Respect come on' when do last see any of that about lately........ totally agree absolute bunch of w*ankers who monitor how long your cars been up for sale then make the call sound like a genuine buyer.. I started asking them if they personally wanted the car, if not f*ck off and ruin someone else day.
Old 17 February 2004, 02:02 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Get an answering machine and screen your calls

'Hi this is the residence of Saxo Boy & Co. If you are selling something, please hang up now. If you are mum, dad, brother or friend, giving stuff away free or a female with big hooters then please leave your name and number and I will call you back. Laters.'

Old 17 February 2004, 02:07 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

You shouldn't have felt guilty at all, I'd have told him that his mothers a ***** and where he could stick his crappy company along with a few other choice insults. Cardata are scam artists and rip off merchants. Next time one of these ****ers rings you tell him your door bell rang and put the phone down while you go away and do something more interesting. Waste some of thes c***s time instead of them wasting yours.
Old 17 February 2004, 02:08 PM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Claire..

That sounds like the Kenny we all know...

Surprised he aint got that message already !
Old 18 February 2004, 01:33 PM
lozzaloz
Scooby Regular

What interests me about this Cardata malarkey is that they phone to ask about selling your car to waiting buyers ... Has anyone actually ever called their bluff and asked them about finding a car to buy instead? I would have thought that many people selling are also interested in buying, so it wiould make sense but they don't seem to make the link.

Is anyone actually on their Waiting Buyer list?
Old 18 February 2004, 01:36 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Usually they say, 'we have people in your area looking to buy your kind of car'

Most people that have used them say that they pay loads and wait around for ages but get no calls
Old 18 February 2004, 01:44 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

What I dont understand is where they reckon all these people who are queueing up to buy your/my car are? I have never heard of anyone asking people like this to look for a car for them, and on the same vane, I had a phone call from some tw@t at hydro electric when I switched both gas and electric to BG and he was proper abusive saying I was a fool and pointing out what he thought of British Gas, I couldn't believe what I was subjected to, I felt like a kid who had just had a row from the teacher! I should have reported him,
Gary