Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

It goes from bad to worse - can our legal system be any more of a joke?

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2004, 06:24 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by **************
Protecting money is more important to the courts in this country than protecting human life
I know how you feel and am angered about it too but what do you expect? We live in a capitalistic world where the worth of a man is measured not by his good deeds but with money and materialistic things. Why do you think we own scoobies and wear designer stuff. Drug dealers get lesser sentences than this..
Old 09 February 2004, 06:52 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

What a fooking joke this country is! It almost makes you scared to bring kids into the world with all the **** that goes on
Old 09 February 2004, 07:01 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sod the justice system, if the b4stard killed one of my kids I would make sure I got my revenge one way or another, even if it took me years and cost me thousands.
Old 09 February 2004, 07:10 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Another triumph for the Human Rights PC brigade. They are ruining this country and it's going to get worse when the EU is enlarged.

UB

Last edited by unclebuck; 09 February 2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09 February 2004, 08:41 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

And I bet he's allowed to stay here after his short spell inside at our expense.
Old 09 February 2004, 09:45 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I feel I've made my point adequatelyin this thread!
Old 09 February 2004, 09:46 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Total disgrace.
Old 09 February 2004, 09:49 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know exactly what "motoring offence" he was convicted of??

AFAIK, Section 1 Road Traffic Act 1988 (Causing death by dangerous driving) carries a MUCH larger sentence than quoted 6 months.....

I'm assuming he was charged with a lesser motoring offence.

As for getting double the time for his passport offence than he did for actually killing the wee boy, is it any wonder this country is in the fcuked up state it is today.

If I had my way, I'd put him, along with every member of the human rights brigade in a building and nuke them all!

The justice system in this country needs radically revamped, and we'd do well to take some lessons from the likes of the States etc.

Capital punishment anyone?
Old 09 February 2004, 11:13 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Being unfamiliar with the in's-and-outs of the incident, I can't really comment, but going by what you say, how in the blue hell wasn't he charged with causing death by dangerous driving, unless the little boy was at fault.....

Second thoughts.... out of respect for the little boy and his family, lets not dicuss whether the little boy was at fault or not as it won't change anything.

Shame, damn shame
Old 10 February 2004, 08:50 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Should be deported.
Old 10 February 2004, 09:38 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

This makes me sick

Words fail me

Justice system is a joke, what is this country coming to?
Old 10 February 2004, 09:51 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

as an overview, if so many people (all creeds/ colours & religions) in this country think/ feel like this, what in a supposed democracy are we to do to actually make a change to socierty? When is a credible voice of reason & decency going to speak up for the silent majority, without the fear of racist/ PC jibes and with the backing of people who want to quietly go about their lives and actually feel some positiverty about bringing up their children?
Old 10 February 2004, 10:44 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I don't think it will happen under this useless government we have ATM. I'd prefer the tories (warts and all) to this lot. At least you pretty much know what you're getting with them, and I'm sure they would sort out the migration and law and order issues in a way the majority would feel reasonably happy about.

Vote the buggers out.

UB
Old 10 February 2004, 11:57 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think Katana made the most telling point about how a person's worth is measured. It is very obvious now that money seems to be the most important thing in life. In earlier days people were taught that it was better not to worship money and that it it generates a poor set of values in life. This is being proved to us all now and modern day selfishness and greed is the result.

Les
Old 10 February 2004, 12:18 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by talizman
unless the little boy was at fault.....

Second thoughts.... out of respect for the little boy and his family, lets not dicuss whether the little boy was at fault or not as it won't change anything.

Shame, damn shame
No it won't change anything and I also am not up on the ins and outs of the case but just suppose the boy was at fault, it is typical to brush it under the carpet and blame the motorist, after all what right has the motorist to drive on the road, I am sure there would be a right stink kicked up if a motorist decided to drive on the pavement wouldn't there???

I think that pedestrians need educating and blaming just as much as motorists.

Roads are for cars, pavements are for pedestrians if a pedestrian wants to cross the road they should use a zebra crossing, if there is not enough zebra crossings in your town to cross safely then take it up with the council. Jaywalking is illegal in lots of countries, maybe it should be in the UK aswell.

Over here you can lose your licence even if you are a pedestrian for crossing the road on a RED MAN. also the population uphold it and enforce it.

It makes me laugh but it works.
Old 10 February 2004, 12:39 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Sick "justice"
Old 10 February 2004, 02:07 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by **************
Yes the little boy ran out but from the witnesses account there was opportunity for the driver to take some action, something he never did

This in itself can not be dangerous driving - thus the driver was prosecuted for failing to stop, failing to report and no insurance. These offences will have a maximum sentence which i think he got.

Interesting that previous threads have said that there are too many motorists in jail and that the police should be out catching real criminals - also a speed camera may have recorded his speed and given a credible support for death by dangerous.

There is no doubt that the law must change - but the current judicial system can only work within the current law.

Last edited by Felix.; 10 February 2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10 February 2004, 02:41 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

I've always said if anyone hurts my family and they're NOT dealt with properly I wont bother with beating them up I'll just run them over as the sentence will be pathetic anyway!

Last edited by Scooby96; 10 February 2004 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10 February 2004, 04:12 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

The judge imposed more sentence time then he actually could. The GF told me that there was a car in front, which had slowed down or stopped to let the three lads cross the road. Then Kamel Kadri overtook this car tragically killing the young lad.
Witness states that they thought the car was travelling slighty in excess of the 50mph limit. What gets me is that if there is a car in front of you slowing or stopped, not parked but in the road, surely you must be more aware that there could be danger in front of the said car? Thus overtaking it would be drving without due care and attention?
Baffles me...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/3461783.stm
Old 10 February 2004, 07:41 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
This in itself can not be dangerous driving - thus the driver was prosecuted for failing to stop, failing to report and no insurance. These offences will have a maximum sentence which i think he got.

Interesting that previous threads have said that there are too many motorists in jail and that the police should be out catching real criminals - also a speed camera may have recorded his speed and given a credible support for death by dangerous.

There is no doubt that the law must change - but the current judicial system can only work within the current law.
So if a pedestrian steps in front of me and I take no action to avoid the person this is OK? You just mow them down and carry on therefor reducing the charge to a minor one of failing to stop! I'll need to remember that for the future, I assume by your posts that you are a cop? so can I quote you on that in future?
My elder brother and 3 others were killed by a driver on the A13 forcing them across the central reserve into oncoming traffic, the driver had no mirrors, no MOT, bald tyres and failed to stop and he got 12 months!!! And regards the speed scamera suggestion, how many do you think it would require to have caught this, one on every second lamp post? Mmm
Old 11 February 2004, 08:54 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

The sentancing policy in the uk is based on the following order

1) property, as in financial institutions / shopping outlets etc.. not b&e

2) pets any form of

3) people

as you can tell the current gov places no value on human life, if it did it would have acted years ago

" we say we're tough on crime,,, thats if we can catch em!!!!!"
Old 12 February 2004, 11:06 AM
yoza
BANNED

His sentance has just been reduced to 6 months.
Old 12 February 2004, 03:27 PM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

Its a very tragic story and one that I hope will come back and haunt the scum who did it for the rest of his life.
Will it bollocks, he's gonna do 6 months for killing someone in the comfort and luxury of our prison system, paid for by us. Then he'll carry on and do another 14 months for being in our country illegally.

After that he'll be deported back to his original country, at the expense of ourselves again. Will anyone back home know what he's done? Will he tell them? Or will he just wipe it from his memory and start afresh, possibly sneaking into another country (if it's possible to get into other countries apart from the UK).

All the talk of whether he should have stopped, how fast he was going and the likes is irrelevant. The guy was an illegal, so no chance of him ever taking his test, taxing and insuring a car, etc. So he had no idea of the UK's driving rules other than what he learnt himself.

If I were knocked down, then the driver fled, lied to the police when caught, then even if I made a full recovery, I'd still want them banged up for more than 6 mths (less time off for good behaviour).

Steve
Old 12 February 2004, 11:17 PM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

Hoping here aswell, but I doubt it somehow

Quick Reply: It goes from bad to worse - can our legal system be any more of a joke?