Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

is it just me or...

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2004, 08:22 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it just me or...

...are there a LOT less posts on scoobynet the last few days? in particular on this forum as it used to give me at least an hour or so of new reading each morning. now im done in like 10 mins.

where is everyone?
Old 04 February 2004, 08:27 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

I wouldn't mind so much if the quality of posts had actually increased. I mean look at this thread as an example of the decline of scoobynet, hardly a good one is it? Perhaps it will recover perhaps not. I have the feeling this is the beginning of the end.
The For sale forum used to be lively now there are far less items for sale due to the need to pay for adverts on a forum with what seems to be a declining user base. Why bother paying when you can use dedicated services that reach far more people.
Old 04 February 2004, 08:40 AM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Know what you mean. The top 5 posts used to change every few seconds before! Now theres not alot to read and the top posts stay there a while now. I've already started reading/posting less.
Old 04 February 2004, 08:43 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I'm sure it will pick up again once things have bedded in a bit.
Old 04 February 2004, 08:51 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Progression/advancement of scoobynet seems to have done it more harm than good
Isn't it a bit early to start doom-mongering? We are only on day 2 after all! The increase in features will definately be worth it in the long run. When its up and running the improved search function will be worth the change alone IMO!
Old 04 February 2004, 08:54 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Bit of a shame you have to be a plus member to post in the for sale section. Don't think it is right at all. Scoobynet may have finally got too big for its boots.......
Old 04 February 2004, 09:11 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Have you notice how the For Sale forums are dieing... nobody can post!

Great move! LOL
Old 04 February 2004, 09:13 AM
Cupramax
Scooby Regular

Red face

I haven't been able to post as I'd completely forgotten my password and just worked out how to retreive it... DOH!
Old 04 February 2004, 09:32 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

SIDC is looking good right now- free to advertise as well.
Old 04 February 2004, 09:40 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I think it will pick up, it's just going to take a while.

you could hear a pin drop in hear yesterday but I think that's a function of scoobynet being down for a lot of the last couple of day's.

give it a couple of weeks and all the issues will be resolved and we'll all wonder what the fuss was about.

Craig
Old 04 February 2004, 09:47 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5-Black

give it a couple of weeks and all the issues will be resolved and we'll all wonder what the fuss was about.

Craig
Well done Craig - the voice of reason!

We can drag up all the whingers posts in a few weeks and call them drama queens!
Old 04 February 2004, 09:50 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

We can drag up all the whingers posts in a few weeks and call them drama queens!
scoobynet wouldn't be the same without the Drama Queens
Old 04 February 2004, 09:51 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Yep I agree definate transition period- I really miss the view All Forums page, this gave a brill overview of what was going on- now u have to search each forum in turn- far less immediate IMHO
Old 04 February 2004, 09:56 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
Well done Craig - the voice of reason!

Slightly O.T but you should try searching some of the predictions for the last Gulf war. They make fun reading....
Old 04 February 2004, 09:57 AM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

The fuss won't go away quickly, what will go away quickly are people like me. I've been posting on scoobynet for 3 years near enough, and I'm being made to feel like a second class citizen. I don't own a Subaru, but I used to enjoy reading the scoobynet forum, now I'm not sure i can be bothered anymore.

I refuse to pay to become a plus member because I won't get any benefit from the membership, apart from being able to access the premium parts of the forum. What a crock of Sh*t that is. I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of the traffic on this site is from Non-Subaru owners. By alienating them, which is what has been done to spectacular effect, the traffic and number of posts is going to slump, and that lovely business model is also going to go down the drain. Afterall what was an enthusiast's forum is now looking far too commercial to appeal to anyone owning not owning a Subaru.

What the owners have done, may have looked great on paper, especially all those '£' signs but you cannot deny that they have significantly damaged the community feeling in here.

I'd noticed a sea change in the type and attitude of posts on here over the last six months. Things had beome increasingly tense, and you cannot fail to have noticed to increase in posts that appeared to demonstrate some significant bigotry on a variety of subjects. I'm all for free speech, everyone has the right to their own opinion, and I don't mind people expressing it, but its does not mean I necessarily agree with it. Over the last 6 months there has been a lot of opinions expressed I do not agree with, and on occasions I have entered the debate. But it has all become tiresome, and fairly predictable, and hence boring.

I'll hang around for a little while longer out of curiousity, but if I continue to be treated like a second class, and become bored with the lack of & quality of the posts, I and I suspect many others are simply going to disappear....
Old 04 February 2004, 10:12 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

how? search is down

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Slightly O.T but you should try searching some of the predictions for the last Gulf war. They make fun reading....
Old 04 February 2004, 10:21 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

My own password access disappeared. I have now found it but maybe a lot of peeps still can't access to post? And we won't know. How are you supposed to retrieve password - that bit has passed me by? DL
Old 04 February 2004, 10:23 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

yes and no

i dont think that many people have a major problem with the look of the site.

looking at people's posts, its paying to post thats the issue, and the loss of some functionality (altho that part is mostly interim)

i think an optional "support scoobynet" annual payment may have been better accepted initially if they really did need the money. MUCH bigger boards than this operate for free remember.

Originally Posted by **************
Just read this from Webmaster
If this comes to fruition then I and many others I should imagine wuill be very happy
Old 04 February 2004, 10:25 AM
DEC14N
Scooby Regular

Agree with you Milo, very quiet on here, like you say only 10mins worth of reading it the mornings. Really hope it picks up soon.