Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

My 2 weeks is up :-)

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2004, 10:32 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Been sweating now for 19 days, (not forgeting postage times)went out a couple of weeks ago for a meal with all the family (15 of us)in Asworth, on the way there we got stuck behind the inevitable sunday driver going past the Hemlock Stone Pub in Wollaton, so, when the chance came,i shot past him and caught my bro-in-law up, when this mad man in a pug on the other side started flasinghing his lights at me and honking his horn WTF is up with him, then my bro-in-law hit the brakes and there parked on the side of the road in an UNMARKED white van was a person (for want of a better word) with a camera, well needless to say i touched my brakes gentley and looked at my speed
32mph, ******** and double **** i thought, has it or hasn't it, this is the question.............well it didn't,
so a big thank you to the pug driver who saved me from another 3 points & £60 fine

quote to self>>> must take lead weight out of right boot when in scooby
Old 23 January 2004, 10:42 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Truly a Knight Of The Road. I remember when everone used to warn everyone else at every oportunity. Doesn't often happen in this "I'm alright Jack" society now.
Old 23 January 2004, 10:56 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

More a case of driving round with your lights constantly flashing, to warn people of speed traps and cameras, these days, so people don't bother!
Old 23 January 2004, 11:31 AM
sherlocks
Scooby Regular

The speed van is a regular in Wollaton. Thought it had got me a couple of times whilst driving at an outrageous 32 mph.
That's what happens when you're too busy looking out for hazards, like errant pedestrians, you take your eyes off the speedo for a couple of seconds.