Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Some people just make my blood boil....

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2004, 08:46 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My daughter was driving home from work last night, when a dog ran out of Sefton Park [Liverpool] into the road. Luckily her reactions were quick and she braked hard and had slowed to about 5-10 mph and therefore, minimised the inevitable impact, but the dog still ran into her front wheel. It then ran back into Sefton Park on 3 legs yelping.

Luckily an Inspector from her division was a few cars behind and they both went off in search of the injured dog. They radioed in for the Animal Ambulance and they spent the next 1½ hours trying to catch the injured dog.

When they finally cornered it and by this time it was dark, they found out that it was a pedigree Shar-Pei in the most appalling condition imaginable. The poor wretched thing was skin and bone, it’s coat was in a terrible state with sores between the folds of skin. It was absolutely terrified, but they managed to catch it and it was rushed off for immediate veterinary attention.

Sadly, it appears that it might have sustained a broken leg and also had a cut to its’ head but at least it is now being cared for and not having to spend another night out in the cold again. It had no collar on and wasn’t micro-chipped.

Pedigree dogs don’t come cheap, so why do people buy them and then just dump them when they no longer want them, instead of handing them over to an Animal Rescue Centre to be re-homed. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 20 January 2004, 09:00 AM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

It really pi$$es me off when people either dont look after or abuse dogs [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I'm still trying to persuade the wife into getting another one but shes worried it will scare the cat off or kill it A good pedigree dog cost a fortune now days as well, whats all that about

Nath
Old 20 January 2004, 09:14 AM
oz555
Scooby Regular

It's about stupid, thoughtless, irresponsable, selfish, mindless cretins who don't think at all about commitment or care about anything but number one. You see it all the time. They should all be heavily fined and banned from owning any kind of animal ever again. Makes me F***ing sick.

I shouldn't get involved with this one. I might accidentally smash my house up in anger. *******s.

[Edited by oz555 - 1/20/2004 9:15:36 AM]
Old 20 January 2004, 09:35 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

A similar(ish) thing happened to me a few years ago.
I was driving home from uni early one Friday evening and suddenly an Alsatian ran out into the road.
Gave me the fright of my life but I somehow managed to stop in time inches from the dog.
Left half my tread on the road.
It could have been horrible but thankfully the car behind me wasn't too close.
He could have easily ended up in the back of me.
The road is a 60limit but thank god I had slowed down because there was a junction up ahead that I'm always weary of.
I have no idea how I managed not to hit the dog???
I dread to think what would have happened if I'd been going a few miles an hour faster.
God knows what the dog was doing there at all.
Instinct takes over and if something runs out in front you try your best not to hit it. I didn't even think about where the car behind me was. Don't like thinking back ....what if....

The dog ran off unaware of anything! I couldn't find it.
Not sure if I’d have had the guts to approach it!
I was shaking for the whole of the rest of the journey home.

Cath
Mrs.Scoobypreza
Old 20 January 2004, 09:39 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Angry

I hate hearing about things like this, hopefully it's not too badly hurt and it gets a new caring home soon. A friend of ours got their Weimaraner <sp?> from the rescue home, unfortunately the didn't have enough space for two or they would have took the dogs sister which was there aswell, both had been rescued from the same house

Old 20 January 2004, 09:43 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

My daughter is very upset about this, as she is a huge animal lover. She already has adopted a dog that was handed into her station after being dumped out of a car on Speke Boulevard when only a pup.

People can even hand dogs into any local police station and say it's a stray they found, if they cant be ar$ed to take it to the RSPCA

B@stards [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by Redkop - 1/20/2004 9:45:48 AM]
Old 20 January 2004, 09:44 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

yet another heartwarming story........ sorry but many of these types are incapable of looking after themselves, let alone children and animals; these are purely endemic consequences of the faceless society we inhabit today.
Old 20 January 2004, 10:02 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Thumbs up

Redkop,

Sounds like that dog was lucky to be run over by your daughter, seems like it wouldn't have lasted much longer even if she missed it.

Although distressing, I hope she feels proud of her actions - good on her!

Justin
Old 20 January 2004, 11:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

People who mistreat animals or abandon them should be tied up to a strong post and left out in the cold rain or snow for several hours having been very heavily fined.

Les
Old 20 January 2004, 01:45 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Update... apparently the dog is micro-chipped, but has not been reported lost/stolen at any of the police stations. They are trying to get in contact with owner. The dog has been x-ray'd and seems to have a broken paw and a very superficial cut to it's ear and thankfully no other injuries.