Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How do i stop my car being written off

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2004, 04:24 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Right, in a bit of a sticky one here, before i brought my Turbo, i owned a (don't laugh) K plate Vauxall Cavalier Sri (red top version 150bhp)now it was 1 owner vehicle (me being the 2nd) in excelent conditon with only 42K on the clock, full service history all all the other bollox's that goes with it.

Now the problem i have is, when i brought my scooby i gave the car to a good mate of mine, whose own car died on the MOT, i told him to pay me £100 a month as and when he can cos he's not on a great deal of money and he does me loads of favours anyway, now last week some stupid *** wipe of the female variety who wasn't looking properly at a roundabout and pulled out as he was going round, stoved into the side of him, whacking the car in the rear door and quarter panel, the cheeky cow after they pulled up even went round to check that the tax disc was valid [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Y god only knows.
Now she's claiming it's his fault for going to SLOW and her insurance company want to right it off as its gonna cost about £500 to repair,(he's only TPFT) how it's his fault is beyond me, but how do i stop them writing it off as technically the car still belongs to me, and i want it repaired to its former glory so to spk ????

some pic of the dent below

Old 17 January 2004, 04:30 PM
V45DSM
Scooby Regular

Offer to buy it back. They'll Probably let you keep it anyhow, seeing it's sh!te and they'd get nowt for it. All you need to do is get it MOT'ed and one of their inspectors will come and check to see if its road worthy then you can run it in to the ground.

[Edited by V45DSM - 1/17/2004 4:31:53 PM]
Old 17 January 2004, 04:42 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Angry

V45DSM,
Better becareful then hadn't u, cos if its goes back on the road i might just stove the ****** into ur's and say it was ur fault
Old 17 January 2004, 05:03 PM
V45DSM
Scooby Regular

I'd bite your face off.
Old 17 January 2004, 05:11 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I think its now standard practise to write all Vauxhalls off.
Someting to do with keeping all the **** off the road

I cant belive she didnt see him ?? Even with his Fog lamps on

Sorry mate, dont mean to take the p1ss out of your post, but ive just had one of them days

Be carefull with the insurance side of it and telling them you own the car, im sure that you have to declare that when taking out the insurance. The other half use to be a manager of an insurance company, but shes not here to ask right now

Good luck !
Old 17 January 2004, 05:26 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Ask the insurance company for the money instead.

The same thing happened to me,was gonna cost £1000 to fix my Astra,i asked Direct Line for the money instead.No probs as it was the same for them either way.
I took the money and fixed it for 80 quid.

Its not a write off,more an uneconomical repair.
Old 17 January 2004, 05:28 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Red face

Wish,
she was doing what nearly everone does at roudabouts, watched him go past, then looked right and pulled out straight away without checking he was clear first , he's not told them i own it, but he has registered it in his name thou, for insurance purposes and just in case of speeding tickets

Old 17 January 2004, 05:29 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Just to add,insurance companies always quote for a repair to original condition,new panels,all done properly etc.
I just got a new bonnet from scrappy,and a mate with a jig pulld the front valence out.
Not perfect but legal and perfectly driveable.
Old 17 January 2004, 05:30 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

An ex car of mine was written off by the insurance company, only thing was that as it was insured as tpft they couldn't list it as a write off and i just got it repaired and put it back on the road.
Could try also finding a nice bodyshop who wouldn't right it off my mates just done this with his wifes H plate mini
Old 17 January 2004, 06:30 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

its got sum rot on the back arches mate
Old 17 January 2004, 08:38 PM
lmsbman
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine was given an old Morris Marina by an elderly relative. It was in quite good nick for its age (17yrs). He treated with the contempt it deserved just using it for commuting. One day, some bloke in a Toyota Avensis ran into the back of him at a roundabout. Made a right mess of the Avensis (crumple zones) but the Marina just had a small dent. My mate claimed off the other blokes insurance.The insurance company said the Marina was a write off because it needed a new valance, boot lid, bumper. They paid him out £400 for the car, then he bought it back off them for £10.He never bothered repairing it, as it was hardly going to improve the looks. Carried on driving it for another 3 years before it finally gave up the ghost.
Old 17 January 2004, 10:02 PM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

Dazza if you still have the car then the insurance co will probably tell you to dispose of it yourself so it is then up to you what happens

Looking at the arch i would say it is getting tired anyway though
Old 17 January 2004, 10:40 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Wink

Is that the same one that Harold Shipman drove?

Steve