Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bosses and MD's

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2004, 04:41 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Do you think they acted differently if the MD owns the company them-self?
Or do most of them act like complete w@nkers. Im hoping my new MD will be really nice

Ray
Old 01 January 2004, 05:54 PM
Scumbag
Scooby Regular

We had a cracking MD at our old company...before it was taken over.

At one end of year bash, we had Clive Woodward as a guest speaker...his first words as he came on after our MD was "I do a lot of these, and I have never heard an MD use the word f*%k so many times"...we'd just missed our quarterly target, and the MD had made us all stand up and shout 'F**K' repeatedly as loud as possible. He was a star at making sure there was always a free bar....and he couldnt half drink too...top bloke...worked hard and played hard.
Old 01 January 2004, 06:07 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

my Directors are my Dad and my uncle. I like to think we are more successful because of that, rather than in spite of it.

You can always tell the owner of a business - they are the ones who work and behave as if they have an interest in the company doing well, and are not just bothered about how much they will get in their pocket every week/month and how many "points" they can score over "the boss" .;.

sorry, I've been reading the crap boss thread
Old 01 January 2004, 08:54 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

It's not as easy as peiople think to be a *good boss*. If you try to help people, you get the p*ss taken and you aren't respected because people think you are a walk over. if you take a hard line, people think you are a c*nt.

all i say is i don't ask anyone to do anything i wouldn't do myself. i ask people to turn up regularly, and on time, and do the best that they can.
Old 01 January 2004, 09:27 PM
V45DSM
Scooby Regular

all i say is i don't ask anyone to do anything i wouldn't do myself.
In our company the saying goes; 'Dont ask anyone to do anything you can't make them do.'
Old 01 January 2004, 09:36 PM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

our ceo is a total *****, he is from new york, he would steal my ideas, tell me they are crap, and them bring them up as his own at company meetings, like he had some great new idea, i was in shock every time couldnt beleive it. Worst thing is i am very outspoken and say exactly what i think, so we have had some really heated discussions! lol, i do get paid well, but to be honest i dont really value my job i would move at the first possible opportunity just that i have it easy where i am now, working from home at the moment and flights to asia now and again for work.q