Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Looking for some new headphones?

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2003, 12:07 AM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking for some new headphones to go with my creative zen when I get it. I am looking for some decent quality in ear headphones.

And yes I know in ear ones dont produce as good quality as the larger alternative but I am looking for something small and convenient.

My requirements are that they are comfortable formost, then quality then volume etc?

I am looking to spend between £30-£50, and have been looking at some sennheisers and was wondering if anybody can recommend some makes/models.

Thanyou in advance
Old 29 December 2003, 08:36 AM
Luke
BANNED

One of the best headphones in the world are "In ear"

have a look in hereheadphones
Old 29 December 2003, 09:15 AM
Lord Of The Bling...
Scooby Regular

the zen looks good, twice the gig of the ipod, but everyone still goes for the ipod?

Old 29 December 2003, 10:35 AM
joni
Scooby Regular

I have in ear phones from Etymotic which cost almost as much as an iPod. They are unbeatable but expensive. I also have Sennheiser MX 400 ear buds which in my opinion are a major bargain at just a tenner from Superfi. They compare very well with any in ear phones available in the UK.
Old 29 December 2003, 04:13 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

I used to have a pair of mx400 senns but they were so uncomforatbale and kept falling out. Maybe I have a weird ear shape.

I have found a nice pair of sonys, which look like they will be comfortable. Anybody know anything about this model: Fontopia® Headphones
MDR-EX71SL ?
Old 29 December 2003, 04:17 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

i want some decent ones that hook over ya ears and join by an arch behind ya head style ones for under £20 which would be the best?
Old 29 December 2003, 04:27 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
twice the gig of the ipod, but everyone still goes for the ipod
People buy into the lifestyle thing

I have a few Sony headphones that work well enough. Don't think you can go much wrong with any headphones for < £20. I don't like the "in ear" ones as they never stay put in my lug holes. The ones that hook over your ears work really well for me.

I have one pair that are very loose (there's nothing rigid connecting the two speakers together).

Another pair have a thick, rigid peice of plastic that runs behind your neck. These are OK and feel better than the first pair.

Last pair are similar, but have a very flexible bit of rubber connecting the two speakers together. They act like a spring and keep the earpieces in-place and work well even if I'm running on a treadmill.

Sound quality is pretty cr@p, but you'd need to spend a good deal of money on proper headphones to get good sound out of them.

Stefan
Old 29 December 2003, 06:55 PM
Luke
BANNED

Etymotic are pure hifi headphones. real class. But please dont use them from an ipod etc without using a portable amp. These can be about the size of a box of matches..but will use the pre-out from the pod etc and realy drive the headphones. This wall also give much much better battery life on the player.