Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Consumer rights advice?

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2003, 10:55 AM
P130J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Any legal boffins out there that can help with a consumer rights issue?

Basically I bought a laptop from PCWorld (first mistake) about 10 months ago. The unit has now let me down on three seperate occasions with totally seperate faults. I travel a great deal and need the laptop to take away with me.

On the first occasion the CPU died on the first day of an overseas trip. This was replaced under warranty. The unit was returned to me just before I was due to go away again however this time several keyboard keys did not work. It also became apparent that the battery wasn't holding charge. The unit was returned again for repair and I went away again with the laptop.

The final nail in the coffin then. The night before I was due to leave for a month in Iraq, the hard drive died. I lost all the information that I had spent the evening uploading plus I have just spent a month in Basra without my laptop.... A huge inconvience.

I have spoken to PCWorld and told them I want a replacement as I can longer trust the laptop to take away with me on important business. They have said they should be given at least 2 attempts to resolve any fault before they would consider replacing it.

Where do I stand with regards to rejecting the laptop? It is 10 months old I know - do I have any recourse? Also, it was bought on credit. Do I have any recourse through the credit company?

Or have just bought a lemon?
Old 21 December 2003, 11:09 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its less than 12 months old and is not giving you the service it should do so I don't think PC World have a leg to stand on. They should replace it with a satisfactory model or a full refund.

Les
Old 21 December 2003, 12:32 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

sale of goods related thread