Spam help

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2003, 09:45 AM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I received this today ...

Today I received a call from ***** **** ** ******** Credit card regarding a suspect transaction,
The transaction was for around £1200 and was debited to ******** ***** **** in Dundee.
I was asked to speak to Teeside Police as they were dealing with the matter.
It turns out that the person is based in Thailand originally from Dundee, what he has done has called the BP Garage in *********** and posed as someone from the Visa company and gained access to nearly 100 credit cards.
He has then purchased goods over the internet and charged it to the credit cards. The purchase on my card was for approx £1200 but many have been for £6000 - £8000, fortunately the transaction was stopped and I have not lost any money however some have not been so lucky.
I you or someone you know used the BP Garage at *********** in October tell them to keep an eye on the credit card statement. If any money is missing they should report it to Lynda Anton of Teeside Police on 01382 596 487

Spam, I know, I've had it a few times before. I'm looking for a reference on the web which declares it as such. I want to forward a link to the person who sent me this (to make them think twice in future). I've had a look in the usual places but to no avail.

Help appreciated.

Thanks,

N